We stayed here on the last two night of our honeymoon trip and were pleasantly surprised to see that they had laid out rose petals on the bed in our room for us! It was a very sweet detail!
Main areas: I LOVED the funky architecture and decor of the restaurant and main building! It is a very quirky place in a beautiful setting that makes you feel like you're in the countryside but only 20min from the SJO airport. The outdoor bar and dining area has a fantastic view over San Jose - we loved looking at the twinkling city lights over dinner. My husband thought it smelled a little musty and old, but it didn't bother me.
Room: We had El Cafetal - it is small but feels more private on the end of its own hallway. The HUGE bathtub was fabulous and the little balcony overlooked San Jose! You could definityly hear kids staying in other rooms running around and yelling in the echoing main room. The internet signal was also very weak in the room, so we had to go to the restaurant for email/browsing. Mostly, I loved the tiled bathroom and mural of coffee fields over the bed, and it was all the space we needed for two nights.
Food: Very good but a bit pricey. I especially loved the 2-3pm complimentary coffee and pastries at the bar - whatever the cookies/cakes were, they were amazing! I also bought some of their delicious coffee ($14/bag at the reception desk).
Activities: The hotel arranged a private guide to take us to Poas Volcano and Colinas de Poas canopy tour. GO TO THE VOLCANO EARLY! We left the hotel at 7:30am and were the first people to see the crater and lake before the clouds moved in and covered them up! The zipline was not as fun as others I've been on, which I think was mainly because of the crowd. It was a Saturday so lots of local families were there and we didn't get as much attention. A lot of the other offerings in the area (rafting, waterfalls, etc.) can be done in other parts of Costa Rica.
Overall, I would stay here again and recommend it as a stopover point when arriving to/departing from SJO. It's charming and quirky, and I really want to go back for the coffee tour!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Finca Rosa Blanca Coffee Plantation Resort is a world-class 14 room resort located in the middle of an organic shade-grown coffee plantation with lush colorful gardens and awe inspiring views of the Central Valley below. The recipient of many awards for being a global leader in responsible tourism and luxury, Finca Rosa Blanca Coffee Plantation and Inn is the perfect choice for discerning and knowledgeable travelers who want to be surrounded by beautiful coffee fields while nestled in a cozy world famous hotel awarded with the highest levels of certified sustainability. Finca Rosa Blanca Coffee Plantation Resort is part of the Cayuga Collection of Sustainable Luxury Hotels and Lodges. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your Finca Rosa Blanca Coffee Plantation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finca Rosa Blanca Coffee Plantation And Inn
- Finca Rosa Blanca Coffee Plantation Hotel Santa Barbara
- Country Inn Heredia
- Finca Rosa Blanca Coffee Plantation Resort Costa Rica/Santa Barbara