This is a very special place to stay - there is a main house with some of the rooms, and then 2 separate villas with more rooms, which can be connected together for a family to stay. Each room, which actually is a suite, is decorated slightly differently and also the layout of each room is different.
We had the suite called "El Higueron" - it was in one of the villas, and the room was beautifully appointed, with a very nice bathroom and a separate area with a day-bed and a small area with the minibar and coffee maker. These villas are an extra 3-4 minute walk past the reception area and the restaurant. Even though it's such a short walk, we were driven there on a golf cart with our luggage on the day we arrived.
The service at the Finca Rosa Blanca was incredible - from the beginning when I e-mailed them and asked about the booking, to reception, restaurant and spa. I decided to have a treatment in the spa and it was the best facial I ever had. They really pay attention to detail here - even the shampoo/lotion/conditioner provided in the bathroom were really luxurious and smelled heavenly.
We were served delicious food - for breakfast we could choose from the menu (even though breakfast was included in our room rate) and the choices ranged from pancakes, omelette, to the traditional Costa Rican breakfast of gallo pinto. Served with fresh fruit and fresh fruit juice - not to mention the excellent coffee!
We tried their lunch as well and also had 2 dinners - all of which were excellent. Great choice of meat or fish, and the service was first class.
The location of the hotel is a bit hard to find and we were certainly glad that we had a GPS in our rental car. When we entered "Finca Rosa Blanca" into the GPS it recognised it and lead us directly to it. However, the road is very narrow and has several sharp turns so you need to be careful when driving. There is a secure parking lot right opposite the reception area.
The gardens around the reception are beautifully landscaped and overall the property has a very luxurious feel.
It is also a good base for day-trips - we only had 1 day so went to the Poas volcano, which is well worth seeing (but you have to arrive there early in the morning to see it before the clouds roll in!). We used our rental car, the drive there took about an hour. Finca Rosa Blanca offers this as a tour with a guide, and they have other trips on offer as well. At the end of our stay we booked a transfer to the internal airport Tobias Bolanos at Pavas, near San Jose. This took about half-an-hour and was very easy.
We would definitely recommend Finca Rosa Blanca and hope to return some day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Finca Rosa Blanca Coffee Plantation Resort is a world-class 14 room resort located in the middle of an organic shade-grown coffee plantation with lush colorful gardens and awe inspiring views of the Central Valley below. The recipient of many awards for being a global leader in responsible tourism and luxury, Finca Rosa Blanca Coffee Plantation and Inn is the perfect choice for discerning and knowledgeable travelers who want to be surrounded by beautiful coffee fields while nestled in a cozy world famous hotel awarded with the highest levels of certified sustainability. Finca Rosa Blanca Coffee Plantation Resort is one of the "National Geographic Unique Lodges of the World" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Finca Rosa Blanca Coffee Plantation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finca Rosa Blanca Coffee Plantation And Inn
- Finca Rosa Blanca Coffee Plantation Hotel Santa Barbara
- Country Inn Heredia
- Finca Rosa Blanca Coffee Plantation Resort Costa Rica/Santa Barbara