“Best Indian food we've had in the Western Cape”
Review of Indian Legacy - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Indian Legacy
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed September 27, 2013

First class!!!
Really good food, freshly prepared to individual taste.
Friendly helpful service.
Will be frequent visitors from now on.

Chris and Ray Higgins
Kommetjie

Reviewed August 12, 2013

A lady friend and I visited the Indian Legacy for lunch on Saturday 10 August 2013. We had purchased a Daddy's Deal voucher offering 2 starters and 2 main courses for ZAR139-00 and we were keen to redeem it.

The restaurant is easy enough to find along the Strand's Beach Road. We started with some chai to drink and for starters we ordered the Onion Bhajias and Paneer Pakora, which arrived with a mint chutney dipping sauce. Delicious.

For mains I chose the Dal Ghosh [yellow lentil curry] and my friend Louise chose the Lamb Kidai [curry with onions and peppers]. We both selected Medium strength curries which is just as well because the Hot would surely have killed us.

My Dal Ghosh provided a startling bite which mellowed into a warm glow on the taste buds. Louise's Lamb Kidai was dark red; the chilli had a 10-second delay. After that my teeth melted and Louise's vision went blurry. Rahul our waiter quickly brought a large bowl of cucumber raita to help quench the flames. Even the garlic naan we'd ordered as a side dish suddenly tasted spicy.

What more could any curry lover want? We enjoyed every bite. The food items were all excellent and the prices were reasonable.

We'll definitely go back.

1  Thank MelanievanderMeulen
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Proper Indian food at a very reasonable price. Great atmosphere! I would definitely recommend this place for good Indian food.