Tripadvisor

Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Today my partner and I decided to go out for lunch. Now we were extremely indecisive and drove around for about 30mins before finally choosing a place to go to. We’ve both been here before and had a good time on previous occasions. We’ve eaten the platters and I must say you definitely get your money’s worth.
But today we left extremely dissatisfied and disappointed. Firstly the table we were seated at was sticky and probably hasn’t seen a cloth in awhile, but one can overlook that. I ordered a californication burger and my partner ordered the bolognaise. After waiting almost 30 mins for our food, where there couldn’t have been more than 6 tables. We finally got it. Now we both usually aren’t those people who complain but today just wasn’t our day. My burger was extremely disappointing, the bun was soggy, the patty was bland and the chips were cold. The only thing good about it was the bacon which I ate. My partners pasta in the bolognaise was extremely overcooked and the wrong cheese was used, but that wasn’t an issue at all, but after putting some salt and pepper and giving it a good mix it wasn’t half that bad. After two bites a big ball of hair was found in her pasta and instantly we were both put off. After sending it back and asking for it to be take off the bill, the manager arrived at the table and tried to explain how the brush bristles from the grill had fallen into the pasta and Infact was not a hair. Please explain to me how and why pasta is cooked on a grill and why the grill brush is in such a poor state that the bristles are falling off.
We left shortly after this and paid for our drinks and my burger.
I must say the waiter was extremely nice and the service wasn’t bad, it’s just a shame the food was such a let down for such a beautiful place.
Don’t think we will be back.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (181)

Reviewed October 31, 2019

We are almost in the 2020 and Casa Del Sol is still giving away plastic straws. For a beach side establishment this is rather silly.

Date of visit: October 2019
1  Thank StevenL4083
Reviewed June 24, 2019

On the beach front with a great view. This is most probably the best fish we had. What makes it so good is that it is reasonably priced.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed May 6, 2019

Limited menu and the quality of the food poor, the service left a lot to be desired. I have come to realise that hygiene in the Cape leaves a lot to be desired.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed May 5, 2019

Possibly the best fish and chips that I have had in ages... and also very reasonably priced. Great varieties of cocktails and prepared really well. Loved the vibe and atmosphere. Amazing sea views and what a sunset to top it all. Great service from very friendly staff. Will definitely be back

Date of visit: May 2019