“Double Booking Let Down”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Green Gables Guest House
Ranked #3 of 15 Strand B&B and Inns
Worcester, England
“Double Booking Let Down”
Reviewed December 7, 2011

Six months in advance of my visit to South Africa my wife and I booked a 1 day stay in this guest house. The booking was confirmed, and indeed my credit card was debited prior to my departure. Just 2 days before I left the UK however I received an email advising that my room had been double booked (apparently by a former employee without his knowledge!), and that they could not now accommodate us. The owner arranged for us to move to a sister hotel. I expressed my disappointment, but had no option to accept (even though the alternative was of a lower rating).
The guest house itself looked to be of a good standard but, as I never stepped inside it, I cannot say for certain!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Scorpian87

Business
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed May 1, 2011

I recently did 3 days of "sip and cycle" tours in the Cape Winelands, and then each evening returned to the comfort and hospitality of Green Gables, slightly off the beat and track of touristy mainstream places to stay but way better value!!!! Presuming you have a rental car, it takes 10 minutes to get to where your wine tours begin.

The breakfasts, prepared by lovely Gladys, are serious big meals. Between the breakfast and the wine tour treats, there was no need for dinners, so that saved money too!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Viv123_11
phoenix AZ
Reviewed November 10, 2009

We enjoyed a very restful visit at Green Gables. It was quiet, clean and we felt like valued friends. The owners were very happy to share with us their experiences and background. It was like having a very special private glimpse into the country which is in the midst of so much change. They connected us with a small metal shop where we were able to buy the best souvenirs of the trip. Very generous and tasty breakfast.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple