“Beautiful view & ride but poor Food!”
Review of El Fogon de Abuela - CLOSED

El Fogon de Abuela
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

Mofongos were ok. Shrimp with Mojo was very sweet (not supposed to be like that) and the churrasco did no taste like churrasco (skirt steak) at all. Willing to make another dish but when told them we did not want to wait for another dish they wanted to make us pay for the dish we returned because we eat from it!... Silly I know. Too bad such a great day in the area. Visit the lake just go somewhere else!!!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We went to this restaurant on a rainy day so there wasn't many people over there and my husband and I had a wonderful time. You get to the Lago Dos Bocas reservoir and they offer free transportation on a small boat to the restaurant (rather than driving through the mountain for about an hour). The boat trip is wonderful, the view is and the whole scenery is just breathtaking.

I am not a big fan of Puertorican food but I must say that the food was extremely good, way beyond what I expected. We tried the stews, (guinea chicken and goat fricassee) which is what they are known for, with the cassava and the breadfruit "mofongos" and everything was just great... from the plantain soup served as appetizer.

I hear it does get crowded on sunny days, I guess driving over there under the rain was a good idea... but it does get a little cold when wet.

Reviewed May 20, 2012

I visited this place three weeks ago. Was fun taking a boat to get there. The food and service were good, but I could not imagine about the prices. I can say it is so expensive if you compare others restaurant in same area.

Reviewed January 15, 2012

Everything was great. Buen provecho. Nice scenery, mountains, the lake, the flora and the treat of the people.

Reviewed January 8, 2012

The view is fantastic, since you have to take a boat crossing the lake. But overall I didn't liked it, food was no so good and the staff was unwelcoming.

Lo mejor del restaurante fue el paseo en el bote que te lleva desde el embarcadero hasta el restaurante. Pero no me gusto la comida, y el servicio fue pésimo. La mesera parecía estar amargada. El mofongo lo sirven en un caldero y solo el fondo del caldero tenia mofongo. La verdad yo no volvería a ir. No se lo recomiendo.

1  Thank Maddypr_21