“Food was excellent but service was a shame”
Review of Paisaje Escondido

Paisaje Escondido
Ranked #18 of 25 Restaurants in Utuado
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Puerto Rican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Food was excellent but service was a shame”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I have to say that the mofongo stuffed with red snapper, sea food mix and chicken was delicious. We picked the restaurant because the brochure was the best in terms of presentation. The guy also said that they would welcome us with a free plantain soup. A arrival it was empty. Only a party of two was there. We ordered appetizers and asked for the free soup. The waitress said it was being served. It never came. Also we had to beg for the drinks. We asked for a bottle of water and the waitress never brought it. Also a frappe for the kid and the waitress kept saying she forgot. We asked for trifongo for an additional charge and we got the mofongo. They wanted to charge me a 15% tip and I said I wouldn't pay more than a 5% which I did. We felt deceived because they lied to us saying a free soup was included also the staff was joking around the restaurant when we asked for drinks that never was served. The food was A and the service -F. Don't know if I would return. There are other options available. That's my experience and opinion.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Pancho R

va
“Had a great time.”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Lago Dos Bocas is really a neat place to go for lunch. You drive to the pier and choose a restaurant and hop on their respective boat. They then ferry you across a very scenic lake the to the restaurant. We picked Paisaje Escondido somewhat at random and were not disappointed. The food was good and the view was great.

• Visited March 2013
Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
“Expensive, slow, and bad”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Service was slow even by Puerto Rican standards, and on a day when the restaurant wasn't full. Unattentive waiters; our drinks didn't come until my boyfriend asked for them again. The place felt hot and stuffy, which is expected outdoors, but could have been helped by some ceiling fans. Appetizers were mediocre. My stuffed mofongo was extremely seasoned and salty. I've had better mofongos at food trucks. Food is overpriced. My guess is that this place remains in business because of its location. Utuado is a pretty town and the lake is nice, but if you go, pick any of the other restaurants there.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank CoquiD
Arecibo
“great place to go if you are not in a hurry”
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

In our last visit to this restaurant, we had a longer than average wait time, but it was understandable due to the fact that it was a local holiday and every restaurant was packed. The food was exquisite, and the view is breathtaking. I highly suggest that you take the boat ride to the restaurant. It can be found at "El embarcadero del Lago Dos Bocas". You wont regret it!

San Juan
“Restaurant of terror!”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Everything is a lie, the best mofongo not true, the best food not true, fast servings not true, nice staff not true. What is true is they will ad the tip anyways mo matter how bad your were treated and you will never go again your life time. Another thing is you ask for any other restaurant they will tell you is close or full, so you think they are doing a huge act of good samaritan.and you end on the hell hole their restaurant!!!!

2 Thank ziskorod