“Amazing and unique place, top owners...”

Restaurante Rancho Marina
Ranked #1 of 27 Restaurants in Utuado
Cuisines: Latin, Spanish, Puerto Rican
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Eating at Restaurant Rancho Marina is one of the best dining and trip experiences in Puerto Rico. The restaurant is reached by boat and the trip is safe, amazing and good treatment. The site is excellent, relaxing atmosphere, excellent service, very personalized attention including site owners. For families is perfect, you can eat, fish, play dominoes and relax in their areas full of trees, plants, flowers, taste in decorating and lake views. The food is also excellent, especially the appetizers. A place should not miss. I recommend you make reservation in advance to secure your table.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My family (2 groups for 4 people each) decided to go to Rancho Marina for Mother's Day. One of the employees gave us very on point directions to arrive at the lake, Lago Dos Bocas (Translates to Lake with Two Mouths). When we arrived, it had rained a bit. We arrived at the boat dock where the restaurant's ferry was awaiting for us. We dried off the chairs and enjoyed a pleasant boat ride with no motion sickness! The ride lasted just long enough for you to get your adventurous fix. Once we arrived at the restaurant, we ordered some appetizers such as "sorullos and pastelillos". We had the sangria, which was very good and I ordered a passion fruit mojito! I HIGHLY recommend that drink. They won first place in the Puerto Rico Bacardi Rum Cocktail mixing competition with that mojito. Now onto the food: It was wonderful! I ordered a medium cooked steak with mashed plantain and garlic sauce (Mofongo relleno de churrasco al ajillo) and it was delicious! :) The ambiance in the restaurant was very laid back, yet still had a sophisticated casual charm to it. We finished lunch by 2pm and played dominoes on one of their domino table areas until 6pm and the waiters were very friendly and encouraged us to make ourselves at home. Can't wait to go back with my boyfriend!

2  Thank StephanieMRS
Reviewed July 5, 2013

First of all we were received at the marina around noon time, the boat was clean and the ride smooth, nature took over in seconds. We arrive with a Bienvenidos, which means Welcome. A nice view of the lake from every point can be appreciated. The food was perfect and the appetizers too. What should have been a two hour lunch took almost five hours of refreshing monitors and perfect weather, surrounded with nature a beautiful lake and even pelicans flying around the area. The service was outstanding and the menu easy too choose from.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

After visiting Cueva Ventana we went for a late lunch at Rancho Marina. The boat ride was very pleasant.

I strongly reccomend the passion fruit mojito drink . Everything we order was great, the plantain arañitas with the rabitt in citrus sauce were the highlight of the afternoon. Highly reccomended !!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We decided to visit Rancho Marina because Raul was very friendly and said there's a secret vegetarian menu. We arrived at Lago Dos Bocas just in time for a huge downpour! Arrive before 4p. They wiped the boat's seats with a rag and we were off in a sprinkle. The boat ride lasted just enough time to get my fill.

For non-meat options, my son chose rice and beans, my wife had mofongo, and I picked a tofu stew with tostones. Our friend had salmon with tamarind sauce. We enjoyed the scenery while waiting. Everything was delicious! We had to wait about 30 minutes after our meal for the next boat to depart. This was one of the peak experiences of our visit to Puerto Rico.