“Perfect for that Group”

Restaurante Rancho Marina
Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Utuado
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Puerto Rican
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Bar scene, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Perfect for that Group”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

First of all we were received at the marina around noon time, the boat was clean and the ride smooth, nature took over in seconds. We arrive with a Bienvenidos, which means Welcome. A nice view of the lake from every point can be appreciated. The food was perfect and the appetizers too. What should have been a two hour lunch took almost five hours of refreshing monitors and perfect weather, surrounded with nature a beautiful lake and even pelicans flying around the area. The service was outstanding and the menu easy too choose from.

• Visited July 2013

“Peaceful and relax”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

After visiting Cueva Ventana we went for a late lunch at Rancho Marina. The boat ride was very pleasant.

I strongly reccomend the passion fruit mojito drink . Everything we order was great, the plantain arañitas with the rabitt in citrus sauce were the highlight of the afternoon. Highly reccomended !!

• Visited June 2013
Luquillo, Puerto Rico
“A delightful afternoon”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We decided to visit Rancho Marina because Raul was very friendly and said there's a secret vegetarian menu. We arrived at Lago Dos Bocas just in time for a huge downpour! Arrive before 4p. They wiped the boat's seats with a rag and we were off in a sprinkle. The boat ride lasted just enough time to get my fill.

For non-meat options, my son chose rice and beans, my wife had mofongo, and I picked a tofu stew with tostones. Our friend had salmon with tamarind sauce. We enjoyed the scenery while waiting. Everything was delicious! We had to wait about 30 minutes after our meal for the next boat to depart. This was one of the peak experiences of our visit to Puerto Rico.

• Visited May 2013
Southbury, Connecticut
“A cool, peaceful place for a meal”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I admit we chose this restaurant at random from the 3 or 4 others reached by the same boat but as soon as we stepped under the awning we were welcomed like old friends by Vivian, one of the co-owners. The open sides to the eating area combine with a breeze blowing over the cool water to keep the place beautifully cool. The music is pleasant and low enough to enable conversation. I had the soup of the day which I think was called mixed roots but tasted quite like pumpkin, followed by the fried pork ranch style ($14) with shredded plantain deep fried. Rancho style was somewhat like a Chinese sweet and sour sauce. The coffee was good too. I'd definitely recommend coming here.

• Visited May 2013
Hatillo, Puerto Rico
“Very nice place”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

When to the restaurant with my wife.
Parked at the public parking lot, once we started to walk to the marina, we were approched by employee of the different restaurant with their menus, After reviewing the manus we decided on Rancho Marina.
Took the boat ride to Rancho Marina wich is about 10 minutes on the lake. We arrived without reservations and were seated very quickly, the staff was very nice. I ordered the mofongo relleno de churascos and my wife order tostones rellenos de dorado. Both plates were great, a bit on the small side for me but enogh for my wife.
The test of the food was exelent. We stayed a bit longer at the restaurand having a few drinks while we enjoyed the view and atmosphere.
Drinks were not over expensive and we were treated very nicely, we are planning on returning this week.
Would recommend this place to anyone.

• Visited March 2013