“Family Vacation”

Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Utuado
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We really enjoyed our Batey Zipline adventure. The guides were local and very knowledgeable except for Warren. I had to set him straight on the diffence between a bird and a mammal-just kidding Warren, you were great!!! Manuello was also great! The road getting there is a little scary, but the locals recognize the tourists and will let you get by. The zips were fun and the rappeling was scary and exhilarating. We felt very safe the whole time.

All reviews
in 9 reviews
"highlight of our trip"
"these guys"

Reviewed June 10, 2013

My wife and I went on this adventure during our honeymoon in PR. The tour was amazing! We ziplined, hiked, did some caving and repelling. Our guides were surprisingly knowledgeable about the region, local plants, and history, all of which was a nice touch on top of the adventure. Definitely worth the $ and the area is beautiful in it's own right.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed June 10, 2013

As others have said - the drive to this place is scariest of all time. HOWEVER, the experience is out of this world.

Went down to Rincon this past March with a group of people for a surf trip, and one day the surf wasn't too good and it was kind of rainy out so we needed to do something fun. Luckily we found this place online and they were so accommodating and gave us a cheap group rate on the ziplining.

We rushed there, arrived about twenty minutes late, but they were so relaxed and said that once we got to an hour late, then we would be late. The experience was truly fascinating and exciting - Our guides were amazing and eager to show us the caves, ziplining, rappelling, but most importantly were not too intrusive on feeding us information.

We learned so much about the history, the organic farming operation, and the general wildlife without even realizing it.

I cannot recommend this company enough - AND, my girlfriend left her camera in the main place, and after calling them, they found it, and said they would mail it back to us in the mainland at no charge!! The camera arrived soon after we got back in perfect condition. Thank you so much!!

I would highly recommend this to anyone interested in an outdoor adventure that is ecofriendly and with people not driven by business but by a love of their surroundings.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

If you're looking for outdoor beauty, physical challenge and exhilarating ziplines, Batey's is the place for you! The guides are curteous, knowledgeable, and just plain fun. The location is somewhat remote, giving it a less touristy feel. If you are an "off the beaten path" kind of traveler, this is an adventure you won't want to miss when visiting Puerto Rico!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
See more reviews
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I had a fun time at Batey. I should mention that I have also been to Toro Verde. They are different experiences and are hard to compare. Toro Verde has the suspension bridges and feel a little more professional/commercial than Batey. However Batey put together a good tour. The zip lines are smaller but there are several of them and the overall tour is very fun. It is also nice to be able to walk around the forest farm as you go and pick fresh bananas and berries along the way. This is a family run operation, with guides that have lived the local history. I think my guide was maybe a little long winded for my preference, but was enthusiastic and made sure we were all having a good time. If you are going to be near Utuado, Batey is a good option for ziplines.

1  Thank jl21Va