“Great adventure!”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great adventure!”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

It was a great experience for me, my son, and four teen friends. The tour lasted about 4.5 hours in which we hiked through the mountain, went into caves, rode 6 ziplines, rappelled down a 70ft rock, swam in the river, and finally crossed the river through a hanging bridge. Our guides Manolo and Amet were very friendly, cared for our safety, and had great knowledge about the surroundings and its history; also, both of them are locals. We had previously visited Toro Verde Adventure Park to zipline but this was something else: much more "natural" and a more personal experience. We plan to return to do the 10-cave tour.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Adolfo S

Chicago
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“loved every minute of it!”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

This was the best nature adventure experience I've ever had. Fernando genuinely loves this land and is extremely knowledgeable about everything in it. During the hikes he pointed out various plants and animals and explained their uses. The ziplines were also fantastic, I like how they work in harmony with the land and do their best to protect it. The bat cave is unbelievable and so is swimming in the tanama river. Every time we come to puerto rico, we will always plan a trip to BZA. We sampled some of the mountain fruits such as guava and banana. The drive there is a little scary but that just adds to the adventure, it's actually not that bad of a drive (just drive 0 mph) and keep your foot in the brakes. Fernando is the coolest guy i've ever met, and I HIGHLY recommend Batey. This was a 4.5 hr tour and I wish it was longer! Well worth the money, thier dog is awesome he followed us to every station.

Visited October 2012
3 Thank Ryan187
London, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Great tour and guides but needs better organisation”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

The tour was great, good guides and really excellent activities etc. however the organisation was poor. Two groups go around each day one at 9am and one at 1pm. We organised to go on the 9am tour, which finished around 1:30 apparently, time for us to go horse riding afterwards. However the evening before at 9pm we were told it now would start at 11am because of other guests requirements. By this time it was too late to organise with another firm. They said they could get us through in time, but we didn't get off until 2:45 after running a reduced set of activities, were offered no discount and then ultimately missed our horse riding and still got charged for that anyway. I wouldn't mind too much but talking with the other guests it clearly wasn't about all their requirements but was actually about the fact that the team didn't want to have to run two excursions in the same day due to low numbers. Wish they had told us earlier and we could have made other plans!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Owen H
Manasquan, New Jersey, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

This tour was great :) I was nervous driving in with my fiance because the roads to the tour are crazzzy!!! Steep! The tour guide was extremely informative and a lot of fun. Our group was small which made the hike, repelling, cave exploring, and ziplining awesome! I love the beach but the mountains of this island are breathe-taking and worth the visit. If you have a chance this is a trip not to miss.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank Melissa P
Dover, Delaware
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Exciting and informative”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I had such an amazing time at Batey's adventure!!! Fernando was our guide for the day and he was so awesome! It was plainly obvious that he loves what he does and he loves the area.
I thought we were just going to go on a quick zipline adventure but, we learned so much about the area, plants, rocks, and way of life in that area. It was a complete experience. I felt completely and totally safe. I was also made to feel important and not just a number with dollar signs. I reccommend this to anyone looking for a real adventure and a taste of real Puerto Rican culture and nature.
There is only one thing that I would reccommend-- the road going in was very treacherous and scary. We weren't aware of what the road would be like going in. A few signs to warn of dangerous roads would be great.

Visited October 2012