This was our first trip to St Martin; coming from California and being regular visitors to Vegas, we are hotel experts. I was so excited during the drive from the airport to the hotel; talk about a culture shock, loved seeing the eclectic homes, so much color. The Radisson Blue Resort was about 20 minutes from the hotel, as we entered into the hotel property, the long curvy drive was unique and adventures, the super lush green hills make it very secluded. This definitely isn’t your typical cookie cutter hotel, the Radisson is unique and the hotel gives you a sense of Island vacation. We had a warm welcome, with a yummy Rum cocktail courtesy of the hotel upon arrival :-) .. We had a marina suite [ marina view ]and just so you know; at first we were a little bummed on not having a ocean view, but we had the coolest view of some amazing boats and the view of the hills gave me such peace and comfort. This hotel was pleasant, relaxing and beautiful. The room was nice, super clean and nice layout. The room staff was very nice! Made sure the room was nice and cool for us.
From our room we would walk to the pool towards the beach, the grounds are kept up very nice, the landscape flowers are beautiful, the pool is perfect and the private lagoon beach is breath taking.
Had an amazing dinner the first night at the hotel restaurant at the bar on the beach - great service and fun bartender :-) The complimentary breakfast is the BEST, the coffee is amazing, Omelet station, pretty much everything you could possible want to eat :-) fresh and yummy!! I recommend getting to breakfast by 9:30am for the best experience!
In ending - We got a rental car, drove the whole island, visited other hotels, other beaches and we were always happy to come back to the Radisson at the end of the day, we decided we made the best choice by staying at the Radisson - it is on the French side; so you pay more to be here; make sure you know this - I didnt mind :-) Im on vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 24-hour All Inclusive Hotel Riu Palace St Martin opens all year round and is located on the Anse Marcel beach, direct access to the Anse Marcel Marina next door. RIU Palace is the most elegant category in the RIU hotel chain, with hotels that meet the highest standards in terms of luxury, excellence and sophistication, creating a unique experience. The location is ideal due to its proximity to Princesa Juliana Airport SXM (20 km) and Marigot (12 km) and invites you to explore the area. The hotel has 258 cozily furnished rooms with free Wi-Fi and offers many amenities. Relax in our spa area or get in shape at gym. 1 outdoor pool with separate children's pool, 1 whirlpool. Day and evening entertainment. For lovers of gastronomy, we offer live cooking stations at our main buffet restaurant, French, Fusion specialty restaurants and Steakhouse, as well as 3 bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace St Martin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Resort, Marina & Spa St. Martin Hotel Anse Marcel
- Radisson Blu Resort, Marina And Spa St. Martin
- Radisson Anse Marcel
- Anse Marcel Radisson
- Hotel Riu Palace St Martin St Martin / St Maarten/Anse Marcel