My husband and I traveled here last October. The resort is gorgeous but very quiet. We were going to stay in a suite, but opted for a standard room based on reviews that they are just as nice but smaller. The standard room was very comfortable, spacious and had a large balcony. We were very happy with it. None of the rooms have an ocean view, but that wasn't a problem as the courtyard, which all balconies overlook, is beautiful. The resort was very quiet throughout our stay, which was a little disappointing since we prefer some entertainment /activities.
Most of the staff was friendly and helpful, though trying to order at the beach bar proved to be a daunting task. We had to yell out to one of the many folks behind the bar to order, and we were the only ones seated. I ordered a tuna steak, rare, and it came out well done. These are little things, but something to be note here. Once we had food and drinks in hand, it was like being on the French Riviera. Wonderful French lounge music playing in the distance, a warm tropical breeze, sounds of the ocean.. it was perfection.
I noticed two rusted food containers during breakfast, which was a bit of a turn off. Staying away from the containing food inside those, it was delicious.
The beach and pool are wonderful. There were so few people around while we were there, that it felt like a secluded part of the island. The beach area is by far the best part of this resort and what makes it special.
We received a couple’s massage at the spa, and while the spa is very nice, the massage was mediocre. I'm not sure I'd return there, and the spa services are almost double the price of what I pay at home.
All in all, I had a wonderful stay here and recommend it for anyone looking to relax. It’s a little piece of heaven.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Hotel The Hotel Riu Palace St. Martin, situated at the beachfront on the Caribbean island of St. Martin, is the perfect place for a dream vacation and it's ready for you to enjoy all the amenities and services RIU offers to its guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace St Martin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Resort, Marina & Spa St. Martin Hotel Anse Marcel
- Radisson Blu Resort, Marina And Spa St. Martin
- Radisson Anse Marcel
- Anse Marcel Radisson
- Hotel Riu Palace St Martin St. Maarten-St. Martin/Anse Marcel