We just got back from a four night stay at the Radisson Blu and no regrets!
The property is about a 40 minute drive from the Princess Juliana Airport but getting there was easier than we thought.
We stayed in a Marina Suite at the 6000 block that was close to the pool and beach access. At first I thought the Marina side might be prone to mosquitoes but no problems in the bug department. The suite size was decent, a simple tv room with a comfy couch and the bedroom to the back. We had a front facing balcony to the front of the room and a back porch overlooking the Marina channel. The room had two flat screens and the sleep number bed was pretty cool once we figured it out. And I'd give the housekeeping service a B-.
The pool definitely exceeded our expectations. There are cabanas at the pool that you can reserve for a small fee that are well worth it, you get a little cooler with bottled waters and ice, perfect for stocking up with some beers for a pool day ;) The private beach is so calm and serene that you really never want to leave. If you want a little more excitement than just laying on the sand, definitely indulge in the jet skis on site. I was kind of hoping they would have stand up paddle boards but no luck :( Other than that you get snorkel gear and kayaks at no rental charge, part of the resort fee I guess. Drinks at the pool bar? DELICIOUS. Best daiquiris and pina coladas I've had in a very long time!
There a few restaurants on the property; we had the complimentary breakfast buffet at Le Marche which was your typical hotel buffet and dinner one night at C Le Restaurant. C Le is located near the water front on the beach side so it gets a 10/10 for atmosphere. The service and food however I'm not too sure about. We were seated and had to wait 20mins before the waiter came over, the bread we received after ordering our main course was cold. My boyfriend enjoyed his meal, the mahi mahi and I had the sea food soup. Huge let down for something they advertised to be filled with the different seafood ingredients (the soup). It just wasn't the dinner we expected.
Before I forget, there's a small boutique close to the reception that is sure to have just about anything you'd need.
All in all, the hotel was a great choice. I'd definitely recommend it, and would stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Hotel The Hotel Riu Palace St. Martin, situated at the beachfront on the Caribbean island of St. Martin, is the perfect place for a dream vacation and it's ready for you to enjoy all the amenities and services RIU offers to its guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace St Martin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Resort, Marina & Spa St. Martin Hotel Anse Marcel
- Radisson Blu Resort, Marina And Spa St. Martin
- Radisson Anse Marcel
- Anse Marcel Radisson
- Hotel Riu Palace St Martin St Martin / St Maarten/Anse Marcel