My wife & I just got back from our honeymoon. We spent 6 nights at the Ritz in St. Thomas and then spent 5 nights th the Radisson Blu in St. Martin (since it's on the French side). Although we had a great time visiting both places, the peak of our trip was here. First off, this hotel houses C Le Restaurant and it was by far the best hotel restaurant, and likely one of the best restaurants, I have ever eaten at in my entire life (and I have eaten at many of the best the Eastern Seaboard has to offer). Furthermore, the breakfast buffet was very nice and reminded me of breakfasts I have had in Paris (only the fruit was significantly more fresh).
We had a king sized bed. A sleep number, very comfortable for us both, although not sure I'd buy one.
The lobby bar is simple, but nice. Jerry makes the best Havana Club Mojito's you'll ever taste.
If you don't want to spend all your food money at the hotel (I recommend that you don't), there are several fabulous restaurants in Grand Case (about a 10-15 min cab ride away). There are several EXCELLENT restaurants on the main strip. Most notable to us were L'Aubergine Gourmand for French food & Sky's the Limit for Lolo food (local cuisine).
The best way to get around is to find a good cab driver and to plan your trip(s) with him. We met a guy named Nigel & he was truly the best money we spent while on vacation. He showed us the best restaurants, he knows someone in every town/village throughout the island, he was always on time, and when our tour (booked through Costco) abandoned us in Marigot, he was a phone call away & saved the day. This man and his car were a Godsend & was the ONLY reason that the second half of our honeymoon was a success. You can reach him at 06 90 77 54 20. He will make you trip a success. Call him before your arrival, tell him your plans, then he'll meet you at the airport & be your man for your entire trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Hotel The Hotel Riu Palace St. Martin, situated at the beachfront on the Caribbean island of St. Martin, is the perfect place for a dream vacation and it's ready for you to enjoy all the amenities and services RIU offers to its guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace St Martin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Resort, Marina & Spa St. Martin Hotel Anse Marcel
- Radisson Blu Resort, Marina And Spa St. Martin
- Radisson Anse Marcel
- Anse Marcel Radisson
- Hotel Riu Palace St Martin St Martin / St Maarten/Anse Marcel