Fantastic place with a formal garden of extraordinary beauty. It is wonderful just to walk around this resort. Rooms are very spacious, clean and comfortable. Sleep Number mattresses on beds are quite a plus, along with very high thread count sheets. You will sleep well! Wells are very thick and the place is quiet. Nice bathrooms (but don't forget that outlets are 220 V, so bring adaptors). Also, it is not to hard to make a mess on the floor when taking a shower, this is kind of a 'French thing'. Toiletries provided for guests are of unusually high quality. Breakfast is included and is good, nothing really special but good. Don't bother to take any of your other meals at this hotel, the food on the French side of St. Martin is fantastic. The hotel is on the remote northern part of the island. The road to reach it is a bit windy. If you stay here I think you really ought to rent a car. Driving in St. Martin is not bad at all, so don't hesitate. Roads are narrow but traffic is not bad and people are not insane in cars. Staff are very helpful and solve all problems. They do have some sort of weird high tech thing in the room minibar that goes haywire and ends up charging everybody for the entire contents of the minibar whether you take anything or not. The staff will fix this at once. The concierge was really effective.
All in all this is a really great resort---from what I could see after quite a bit of exploring the best on St. Martin. Far better than anything on the Dutch side. The Dutch side has bars, nightlife, strip clubs, casinos and brothels. The French side has restaurants and more relaxed bars. Both sides have incredible beaches. You can get from the tip of one side to the other tip by car in 40 minutes or less. You will sleep better on the French side, and this is definitely the nicest resort there. I recommend this place with no hesitation at all based on my five nights there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Hotel The Hotel Riu Palace St. Martin, situated at the beachfront on the Caribbean island of St. Martin, is the perfect place for a dream vacation and it's ready for you to enjoy all the amenities and services RIU offers to its guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace St Martin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Resort, Marina & Spa St. Martin Hotel Anse Marcel
- Radisson Blu Resort, Marina And Spa St. Martin
- Radisson Anse Marcel
- Anse Marcel Radisson
- Hotel Riu Palace St Martin St Martin / St Maarten/Anse Marcel