We stayed at Radisson Blue Marina & Spa on July 2010, but it’s great to see things are going as well as then. We had a very good 5 days stay. Fast check-in and welcome drinks.
Room 1339: on the 1st floor overlooked the neighboring hotel and laterally to the sea. Very clean, modern bathroom with good toiletries. The A/C worked perfectly. No ants or mosquitoes.
Breakfast at Le Marché: Excellent. Great selection to suit all tastes. There was a delicious jam home-made style with local fruits. Friendly and efficient waitresses. Coffee was served and refilled quickly. Indoor and Outdoor seating.
C, Le Restaurant: served delicious lunches (50/60 euros 2 adults, 2 kids no alcohol) with a magnificent view and excellent service. Dinners were also good (100 euros)
The Fitness room: very well equipped, spotless, with fresh towels and water.
The pool: huge, clean and well designed with space to accommodate all the guests, although security staff was not polite, then. (On our first day we were approached by one of them as if we were suspected of being “illegally” there)
There is a peripheral fence around the pool with gates & locks. A little uncomfortable, especially if you are carrying your hands full because there was nowhere to put stuff but the floor. Later we found there was an easier access near the towel hut.
The beach: a bit disappointing as it did not look like on the website. Being in a cove and not fully open sea, the water has a greenish blue color and smelled, during our stay. While we prefered Anguilla’s beaches, where we had been the week before, we also found very beautiful beaches in St. Martin: Baie Rouge, Baie Nettle, Orient, Happy and Friar's Bay, Le Galion, Pinet Island (French side) Cupecoy, Mullet, Dawn, even the popular Maho and Great Bay (Dutch side)
We rented a car (took time to get used to driving on hilly roads) and drove around the island on both sides almost every day, but it was really nice to return to our hotel with its beautiful gardens and calm atmosphere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Hotel The Hotel Riu Palace St. Martin, situated at the beachfront on the Caribbean island of St. Martin, is the perfect place for a dream vacation and it's ready for you to enjoy all the amenities and services RIU offers to its guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, West Indies, Priceline, Hotwire, RIU Hotels and Resorts, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace St Martin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Resort, Marina & Spa St. Martin Hotel Anse Marcel
- Radisson Blu Resort, Marina And Spa St. Martin
- Radisson Anse Marcel
- Anse Marcel Radisson
- Hotel Riu Palace St Martin St. Maarten-St. Martin/Anse Marcel