See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 11, 2017

We had a great 5 night stay. The hotel is perched on a very (!) steep hill. Driving up to it is a bit treacherous, but the view is well worth it. We ate some meals on the balcony and enjoyed it very much. It's mostly run by interns (especially at night). They are not too experienced but they will drive and pick you up from the beach OR we just walked (8-10 min). The beach is shared with a large all-inclusive resort to the right (noisy at times) and an almost deserted resort to the left (pricey). 5-6 chairs are provided. Mostly it was still not busy enough and thus enjoyable for us. Sunset time is the best. The beach "town" has a few places to eat, but they close for few hours during the day, and we always missed it. There is a great hike to a deserted beach. We did that a few times. But beware of the sun is brutal if you are doing a full hike (close to 2 hr). The breakfast at the hotel is generous if you like croissants (which we did), the omelets were good too. We had a problem with a wi-fi in the room the first 1-2 days, but the repairman was called in. If you like a relaxing (aka on a quiet side) getaway, this hotel is a very good base and we would gladly stay here again.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank tatiana_d
Reviewed July 10, 2017

We selected this hotel with a desire to get away from the branded 'box store' experiences and stay in a more intimate setting. We were most impressed. We received excellent personal attention from check-in to departure. The front desk person made us a great cocktail upon arrival, made us dinner reservations and even drove us back and forth to the restaurant. We learned she was a hospitality student from France who was interning there for a number of months. She was terrific. We had arrange a number of rooms for our friends who's flight was delayed and arrived late and after the front desk was closed. The hotel still got them settled and an off duty employee helped us get champagne glasses, ice, etc. so we could enjoy late cocktails together by the pool. The local ladies serving breakfast were very nice and added to the banter of our group. If you want a personal experience with nice people, comfortable rooms and amazing views...this is your place.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
floroSaintMartin, Director of Sales at Marquis Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2017

Good morning,
Thank you so much for your kind comment, we are so glad you had a great stay.
We hope to welcome you back at Le Marquis hotel for another great experience.
Sunny regards.
Victoire

Reviewed May 30, 2017

This is really a 4.5 Star Review (trip Advisor won't allow me to add the half ;)). By far, one of the best places we have stayed in the Caribbean. My boyfriend and I found the Marquis Boutique Hotel on Trip Advisor and were quite pleased. It's tucked away from the touristy traps of St. Martin with the most spectacular view! Our balcony overlooked the a mountain scape with pristine turquoise waters. I truly looked forward to waking up every day with that view.

Moira and her staff are the kindness, wonderful, most helpful people. We felt at home, relaxed, and in great care. They helped us books day trip to St. Barths, a boating trip to Anguilla, all with the best rates. Breakfast was wonderful and we always had a ride down to nearby restaurants, although after a few days we ended up walking up and down the hills to stay in shape. :)

The beach attached to the hotel is down the hill and quite lovely. The chairs have no cushions, but are QUITE COMFORTABLE. No cushions needed! The restaurants near the beach are top notch and quite stunning in decor.

We made friends with a couple of other guests which enhanced our experience at the Marquis Boutique Hotel. We truly loved this place and hope to return. :)

Now for the reasons this review is only 4.5 stars:
The only con for us was the bed in the room. It was so springy and low. I woke up sore quite a bit and had to improvise my sleeping habits. For me, this was not a quality bed. Thank goodness we spent most of out time lounging on the beach and exploring. I highly recommend that they find more comfortable mattresses.

The other recommendation is that the hotel separate smoking and non-smoking rooms. We had a smoking couple next to us and it was almost unbearable to be on the balcony while they were smoking. The balconies are quite close to each other, but separated with a lattice wood barrier, so people don't see each other. If only that barrier blocked toxic tobacco smoke.

Other than the bed and the occasional smoking neighbors, we loved everything else about the room.

Room tip: Best Views in practically all the rooms.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank 457gavinr
Reviewed May 10, 2017

I had a wonderful eight-night stay at Marquis Boutique Hotel, and I'm so glad I chose this place for my digital detox vacation. Moïra and her staff made me feel welcome as soon as I arrived, and they were attentive and helpful throughout, always on hand to shuttle me to the beach or a local restaurant when I needed a lift. They also recommended a catamaran cruise to Anguilla and some smaller nearby islands that I thoroughly enjoyed. I stayed in the "St. Kitts" room, and I loved waking up to the most beautiful view of the sea every morning. The hotel is also located quite close to an extraordinary hiking trail that leads down to a mostly private, gorgeous beach, and as an avid hiker I appreciated the proximity to such a beautiful route. Anse Marcel, while much livelier, was wonderful in its own way. I left feeling totally refreshed, and am hopeful that I will get the chance to visit again.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Sarah R
Reviewed May 6, 2017

The view was spectacular and it was peaceful. You do need a car if you're going to stay here. The hotel will shuttle to you the beach whenever you feel like going, but it's fairly out of the way and more convenient to have your own transportation. The staff were so very helpful. They will pick you up from the airport and you can request a rental car from the hotel and the rental company will bring it to you which is super convenient. I would give it five stars, but I thought for the price, the decor and amenities could have been a little better and more English speaking staff would have been great (however, these are really just "1st world" challenges) and not big deal. This is a great boutique hotel and I would def come again!

• Trip type: Traveled solo