“BIG Disappointment” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Miramar

Miramar
Ranked #1 of 45 Restaurants in Llanca
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Brussels, Belgium
“BIG Disappointment”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

Having dined in many one Star Michelin restaurants this was my first two star so I suppose I had high expectations which unfortunately were not met on any level. The food, the service and the general ambiance was a huge let down, I just didn't get it! Firstly the restaurant is located on a busy promenade which personally for me is one of the least attractive places I have ever visited in the Alt Emporda. There is no terrace but large picture windows where in high season when everyone is out in the evening strolling they literally stop and peer in at you and your food, no doubt having a good laugh! It feels like you are in a gold fish bowl and I found it very annoying and somewhat embarrassing. The service was efficient but with a little too much arrogance for my liking and lacking completely in kindness. That of course brings me to the food which left me completely cold, which all came cold, course after course combined with the summer evening dress and freezing aircon I felt I was dining inside a deep freeze. Eating utensils mainly being a giant pair of surgical looking tweezers.. yuk. The food looks very pretty but mainly tastes horrible and chewy similar to eating coloured goo and foam. There were a couple of exceptions like a guiness broth etc but mainly I found it to be tasteless and unappetizing. I normally love small morsels tasting of heaven but there were none to be found here. Hoping for a least a good selection of petit fours with our coffee the Dali inspired body parts remained in their soil filled coffin. I dared my husband to eat a bit of decomposing nose but this was even too nose blowing for him! Expensive madness and highly NOT recommended.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank kizzy19

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mind blowing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

My brother who has dined at many of the top restaurants in Spain, including La Rocca, currently rated the best in the world. He rates this as one of his favorites and took us here. It didn't disappoint, instead it blew me away completely. I now understand why you would describe something as a gastronomic experience.

We had the menu and from the moment the first four dishes arrived, delivered with theatrical flourish and precision to our table you knew you were in for a treat.

Yes, it is expensive, but not for this type of meal.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Paul O
Key Biscayne, Florida
“Paco Perez !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

Not only is a beautiful setting, but the food deserves the Third Star Michellin!!!!! My son Henry worked there for a cople of years and there is not one day in his actual life that he doesn't mentioned his experience in Llanca with Paco and his Staff. Great teacher, fantastic person, wonderful family !! He will be back and so do I !!!!!!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Lisbon
“Good, but not worth the two Michelin stars”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Ok, the food is "exquisite" and it just keeps coming in successive waves. But some of the dishes are just (good) raw fruits de mer, which my wife did not like too much. At the end, the bill was just too much to justify the meal we just had.

Visited April 2013
Geneva, Switzerland
“A marvellous culinary experience in Costa Brava”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

Our boat has been anchored in Llanca for many years - and we used to take the advantage of having a very good family restaurant in the harbour - Els Pescadors - and have eaten in this good eatery almost daily whenever we have been in Llanca. We still like Els Pescadors very much - and visit it frequently.

But - what surprise when Sr. Paco Perez opened his Miramar restaurant only a few meters from Els Pescadors! Surely, one does not expect to find such a culinary gem outside of main cities of the world.What a good luck for Llanca and all its visitors! Needless to say, we now enjoy Sr. Paco's inimitable creations as frequently as we can - both in Llanca and in his branch restaurant in Hotel Arts in Barcelona. Like in the case of almost all outstanding Chefs of Spain, one can discern in Sr. Paco's dishes the unmistakable influence of Sr. Adria Ferran, not at all by copying Ferran's method, but by using his own modification of various techiques based on Sr. Ferran's concepts.

Anybody who visits Llanca and omits to secure a reservation in the Miramar Restaurant will miss a huge opportunity to gain another dimension in his appreciation of one of the best cuisines available anywhere in the world. Warmly recommended!

• Visited August 2012