“Very good food, extremely good value.”
Review of Fonoll Mari

Fonoll Mari
Ranked #7 of 46 Restaurants in Llanca
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Oslo, Norway
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good food, extremely good value.”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Set in the second street from the beach boluevard in Llanca. They have alittle nice terrace, inside minimalistic but chilled out interior. Went here for lunch and was handed 4 different set menus; 12 eur, 14 eur, 18 eur and 20 eur. They all looked great, but we decided on the 14 eur. This was 3 courses including wine.
First course we got grilled provolone cheese and vegetable canneloni. Ok presented but very nice taste. Main course we had duck confit and small peppers filled with cod. Both tasted very good. Duck was very tender and fell of the bone. Desserts we had youghurt with wild berries and apple cake, all very nice. Service was fantastic, very good food and extremely good value. Not the usual menu del dia in Spain. Can highly recommend this place

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Ole H

Spain
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We have eaten here a number of times and have always had excellent food. There is a good choice available on the three menus and they offer very good value for money. The staff have always been friendly and helpful.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank misssusita
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible service”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

More than one hour waiting for the meal at the table , and bad manners exhibited by the waiter "you have to wait, you are on vacation and have nothing else to do", that was the answer if the waiter to my complain requesting for service after more than 60 minutes seating at an empty table with my family. That was enough. Direction has probably cut costs at the kitchen and contracting non professional waiters, at expense of service to the customers.Definitely a place that I wont be back.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Jpeiroruiz
atmosferic, Propietario at Fonoll Mari, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
First of all my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience; all our efforts are aimed at our customers in order to experience a good time and awaken in them a pleasant memory so they visit us again letting us keep doing this job that we love so much. I can assure you, as an entrepreneur, that I am far away from the economic gain as an only leitmotif. Moreover, if one day this business gets me a salary, it would be a dream come true. At the moment my passion for cooking is what keeps me moving through these difficult times. This is a small business, an enterprise that requires willingness, effort, patience and, not the least, lots of illusion. In reward customers, usually also friends, who understand our difficulties, patiently forgive our mistakes and encourage us to continue. As a result: we all are happy and have a good time. There is, obviously, some degree of complicity with our clients which we hope will become part of the whole team that eventually form everyone in this business we call Fonoll Mari. My workers are responsible and are very involved in a way that I consider highly professional. For two years we have been involved in this task with the client’s satisfaction as our only purpose in mind. This does not mean we do not make mistakes.
My business is very random along the year when talking about the customers number, on a per day basis, and we have to cope with this problem the best we can without sacrificing the quality of our final product.
As a manager I cannot hire more staff, since my main goal, that implies a lot of sacrifice too, is to keep the restaurant open without compromising the quality of the kitchen or negating my personal philosophy: eat healthy, live healthy, so healthy cooking. I always want to improve day to day, I appreciate any suggestions. I like to learn and overcome unresolved issues: check the capacity of the room. Let me apologize again, I understand your anger. I think I have exposed a reasoned explanation to your point of view. In the hoping that you will concede us a second chance to repair your experience, I await.
Sincerely yours.
“Nice place in Llanca”
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Nice food, prompt and friendly service, wide choice, good price (menu at €14 or €18). Free for the clients.
Recommended place.