“A Special Treat”
Review of Clos de Mondetour

Clos de Mondetour
Reviewed May 10, 2014

What a special treat it was to stay in this bed and breakfast. The grounds and home are beautiful and I was very comfortable in my pretty room. Our breakfast was perfect every morning and beautifully laid out. I think the biggest treat was getting to know the proprietor, Aude Jeanson, and her lovely family. They were so kind, friendly and helpful and I would love to stay with them again in the future. I highly recommend their establishment!
Weta

1  Thank Weta2014
There are newer reviews for Clos de Mondetour

Reviewed May 6, 2014

I can not say enough about our 6 day stay with Aude and her family. The rooms were enchanting, the food was simple and lovely, and the family were charming. Breakfast was a treat, but we ate our evening meal at the B&B as well, and every evening was a wonderful culinary experience for us. We were a group of 6 ladies from Texas, so it was exactly what we were hoping to encounter. Aude is a wonderful cook and she is teaching her daughter to do the same. Margaret (sp?) prepared our dessert each evening, and it was yummy! I especially loved her Creme' Brûlée.

This lovingly restored historic home has an ambiance that everyone should love, yet has all the needed modern amenities.

Room Tip: They are all wonderful, but a couple would really love the Red Room!
1  Thank ladeda15
Reviewed May 6, 2014

After a hard day of brocante shopping, it was such a pleasure to return to this beautiful home and sit by the fire in the living room with my friends. Aude's gracious, smiling face was always there to greet us and ask how our day had gone. Her daughter was home from school in England for Easter break and was also delightful. My room was very clean and spacious. On my last morning there, I opened all of my windows to take in the sounds of the birds calling out on the grounds. To my amazement a cuckoo was one of the birds calling. It was a magical moment.

1  Thank Becky S
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Clos de Mondetour is a beautifully restored historical property owned by hosts, Aude and Gregoire, who are the real treasures among all of the fine antiques and objects de art. They are warm, kind and helpful, but even more than that they welcome guests as one would friends. Their knowledge of the local Norman countryside is detailed and complete, giving directions to the most lovely small villages and the special sites in larger towns. Scenic walks and drives through the countryside were marked on a map so we would not miss a single drive along the rivers or a view across the landscapes. Gregoire was expert in mapping our early morning drive from their house to Paris in order to catch our plane home. He steered us through expressway traffic and turn-offs along a quick and easy route. That last day of our stay Aude was up early to prepare one of her delightful breakfasts in order to send us on our way well fed. These examples are typical of their thoughtfulness and concern for their guests. To round out the picture of a lovely French family their son and daughter were introduced and not surprisingly proved as amicable and helpful as their parents. While the location of Clos de Mondetour is ideal for touring this area of Normandy, the real reason to visit and to stay for a few days is to enjoy the good conversation and hospitality of Aude, Gregoire and their family. We promise you a great time!

Room Tip: Rooms are beautifully furnished and very comfortable with great baths.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BCBartman
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Whether you are travelling by yourself, as a couple, family, group or for business you won't be disappointed. You are welcomed with a warm and inviting smile by Aude who owns and runs this beautiful B&B. Aude speaks both French and English. The rooms are appointed beautifully and are so very comfortable, quiet, clean, and decorated like a picture from a magazine. Each morning awaits an amazing breakfast in the stunning dining room. The location is fantastic, not to mention the village and countryside that surround Clos de Mondetour B&B. Monet's Garden is just up the road along with beautiful villages, antique/brocante stores, and chateau's along the way. There is room to park your car too. I highly recommend Clos de Mondetour and can't wait to stay at Clos de Mondetour again. I can guarantee that your stay will be highly memorable, comfortable and relaxing. I hope they will enjoy Clos de Mondetour as much as we did.

Room Tip: You won't be disappointed with any of the rooms. They are large and decorated beautifully.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank MEEGAN L
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Being a lover of comfort and the finer things in life, I loved staying here.
Firstly, the ambiance takes you in its arms and cradles you with that homely feeling.
The guests wing is totally private, full of luxury and the bedrooms are upstairs where I dont think I have had a cosier sleep. This being due to the still of the country and the cosy bedding and stunning furnishings.

Coming down for breakfast was a feast for the eyes and palette and it was an amazing way to start the day shopping around all the brocante shops.

What I really loved though, was coming home after a day out.
Aude the amazingly charming host, would have the fire going, a wine ready and the chairs to sit in front of the fire in were just too comfortable to get out of.
Leave me there forever and Id be a happy girl.
Overall, the host is the highlight of this stay. Always smiling and we just loved her to bits in the four days we stayed. Definately we will be back for some more Normandy love.

Room Tip: We had two rooms and they were both amazing.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank MaliMango
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Amazingly beautiful place and equally great people. Aude speaks excellent English and will go out of her way to help you and ensure that you have a great stay. I stayed with the Jeanson family for ten weeks on exchange and can assure you that they are a family of genuinely nice people who made me extremely welcome. Definitely worth visiting.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jack F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fontaine-sous-Jouy
Manoir de Surville
Le Jardin des Plumes
Le Jardin des Plumes
#1 of 2 in Giverny
Best Western Plus Palais Des Congres

Been to Clos de Mondetour? Share your experiences!