“An Unexpected Gem!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bagnoregio
Hotel Romantica Pucci
Ranked #7 of 12 Bagnoregio B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 1, 2010

Lovely hotel in classic building and easy walk to Civita. Pucci is a charming and interesting hostess. this hotel is different in appearance and full of homey attractions, in fact, it feels very intimate. breakfast is outstanding, as is the price. can't imagine a better choice for seeing Civita.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 23, 2010

I have procrastinated writing this review because I wanted to produce something equivalent to our stay. I have decided I am not a good enough writer to articulate how enjoyable a time my wife and I had during our one night at Hotel Romantica Pucci. In short, it was the best experience of our 15 -day vacation in Italy.

Location- If you enjoy the countryside, this location is perfect. I can't comment on the town of Bagnoregio except that it was a nice, pleasant town. It is, however, located near the hilltown of Civita which is quite unique and well worth the visit.

Rooms & Value- The rooms were very nice and unique. The appreciative consumer will notice the care put into making everything have character which made me feel like I was experiencing something full of life versus typical commercial hotels. The value was equal to the character. Bottled water was available, cookies were left in our room, and breakfast was delicious. I almost felt like I should have paid double.

Service- The best for last. Pucci was amazing. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting and talking to her. She was amazing from the minute I walked in and asked if there was an available room. She went above and beyond all my expectations including escorting my wife and I and another couple we met at the hotel to a restaurant across the valley. The restaurant was spectacular--inside a cave... I know, sounds strange, but it was fantastic-- and something we never would have been able to experience on our own. She shared a bottle of wine during nearly an hour of great conversation and provided me with great ideas for my next stop, Rome.

Overall- obviously, my wife and I both, highly, recommend Hotel Romantica Pucci. We enjoyed our stay and met some of the nicest people. We are well traveled and enjoy not only the sites, but the experiences like this stay. We would definitely go out of our way in the future to visit again. Thanks Pucci!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2010

We stayed at the Romantica Pucci for one night on our way to Rome, and we loved it here. The room we stayed in was very large and comfortable. The Hostess Pucci is the most welcoming host we had in our 2.5 week stay in Italy, from the moment we walked through the front doors she made us feel very comfortable. We decided to eat supper in the restaurant in the B&B that night and arrived early before the restaurant was open, but Pucci let us sit and served some wine and chips to us before we went into the restaurant. We were extremely pleased with our meal at the restaurant. After our stay Pucci offered to drive us herself to the Train station in Orvieto, instead of us taking a taxi.

We had such a great time in Bagnoregio at the Romantica Pucci. Pucci goes over and above her duties as a hostess and is only concerned about your comfort, we would extremely recommend this B&B to anyone that will be staying in Bagnoregio. Thanks again Pucci for a great stay.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2010

my husband and i stayed here for 2 nights and everything was sublime from the very first moment.the room was cozy and romantic,the bathroom modern with lots of towels.we were given cookies upon arrival and free mineral water.dinner was wonderful but the breakfast was incredible.the hostess is incredibly helpful and kind.we would like to go back.the atmosphere was special.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2010

We literally stumbled on this place, we had read about it and forgot to book, travelled to the town late one night on a whim coming out of Rome headed to Assisi, my wife wanted to visit Civita. I was thinking I had read or heard the name Pucci, but the exterior was unasuming and we were basically lost. I parked the car in a private cramped area, went over to the dimly lit entry and took the chance and Rang the Bell-"Pucci" answered momentarily and treated my tardy unannounced arrival as if I stayed there weekly, her husband had a serious card game going and yet she broke away to show me a choice of two rooms upstairs, we choose the room with the picture of "Beauty sleeping with cupids hovering guard" hanging above the headboard, great room with an even better expensively restored bath-note;Pucci was a decorater in Rome before retiring to run this little disguised palace. How she gets the dense smoke from the cardgame out of the place is beyond me, she just does and I'm very sensitive in that regard. The bed sleeps great, the room and bath functioned as good as they look, and the hour long late breakfast was truely the best I've ever had anywhere...eggs fryed in a cast iron skillet crisp whites/soft yokes, same with the bacon, not burnt or black, homemade pastries and preserves, fresh milk, rich coffee all in a rural charming residence in Italy, I felt like Harrison Ford in a movie shot, it was all that perfect. She sat and chatted toward the end of the hearty meal and asked if I wanted more, my wife, bribed by Pucci, requested a piece of French toast and within minutes it appeared and I couldn't believe I was helping her finish it. Pucci let us know that Rick Steves'(the man himself), stayed in her fine establishment for 4 days prior to our visit while he was reviewing other places and enjoying the area, on of his personal favorites and now ours too...All this for 90Euro's cash! Bless you Pucci and we send you an imaginery elephant carved of love, gold and diamonds. Don and Cindy from California.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2010

We traveled to Italy for our 10th wedding anniversary, and we stayed with Pucci for 1 night. From the moment we came down from our car, she was helping us with our bags and telling us where to park. She took us up to our room, which was lovely furnished; she takes care of every single detail, even the toilet paper smelled nice. She informed us that dinner was going to be served at 8:30 pm, if we wanted to join them, of course we immediately said yes. That afternoon we visited Civita, which has a wonderful feeling of ancient and mystery about it. When we went down for dinner, she immediately opened a bottle of wine for us two, and we settled on the living room with the other guests, then we went to the dinning room, and sat at our small table, it is all very cosy, so we actually ended up having a conversation all night long, with the other 3 couples there. The dinner was wonderful, more than words can say, each time, she would bring each table, a separate serving bowl with every course, dinner consisted of 5 courses, some time during dinner, she invited us to the kitchen, to watch how Lamberto was cooking the pasta and the sauces. Everything tasted unbelievable, at the end, she brought a homemade (by Lamberto, of course) tiramisu and limoncello, the whole experience took us about two and a half hours. Next morning she also served us breakfast, and of course, everything was home made and delicious.
She knows how to take care of her guests, and make them feel very special. We surely loved our conversations with her.
Thank you Pucci, you truly made our trip to Italy unforgettable, it was the highlight of our trip.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Adriana-JoseLuis
Reviewed October 11, 2009

It's entirely out of our expectation - we didn't expect much before going to Bagnoregio.

Your hotel is elegantly decorated and the room, how should I say, is just excellent!!!!

Needless to say, as I told you the restaurant you brought to is the most delicious Italian food I tried during this trip. Wonderful dinner at an unbelievable price!!!

Thank you Pucci, for all your hospitality! We miss you much!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends