“Brilliant for kids!”

Restaurant 't Nonnebos
Ranked #5 of 9 Restaurants in Zonnebeke
Cuisines: Austrian, Belgian, French
Reviewed June 11, 2018

Dined here twice for lunch, with my parents and my two young sons (ages 6 and 3). The menu has a large variety, however, everything is in Dutch, and I struggled to read any of it without a translator app on my phone. The prices are very reasonable for everything. Food was delicious! Very large play area outside for children - I hardly seen my sons when we were there... They were too busy playing! Service was very slow though, as I only seen one waitress outside, and she was running around everywhere! Great place though - perfect for a quick drink, or a full meal service. If I'm ever in Ieper again, I will make a detour to return to this restaurant.

Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

Great restaurant with loads for children to do and an extensive menu (not in English though). When it says it is for sharing it means that, far too much for one person. We popped in for lunch and had the sharing board and Mac & cheese for four of us and still left some.

Reviewed August 15, 2017 via mobile

In a beautiful location near Zonnebeke and around lots of WW1 memorials

Good beer selection and good food selection. Good prices and friendly staff.

Amazing playground outside and inside makes this a brilliant venue if you have kids.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 8, 2017 via mobile

It was a busy lunchtime service. There was a warm welcome and we were served drinks straight away. Food was excellent. Service was a little slow but I guess that was because the restaurant was so busy. Reasonable prices. Parking in the square

Reviewed February 24, 2017 via mobile

The live music @diner in the Far Western part of Belgium gives me a feeling "where the time stood still". The dansers are at least 70 years old. The service is ok, yet with a lot of minor mistakes. Tge soup of the day was very good. The food is well cooked, yet a bit tasteless. The fishpan was filled with a lot of fish. The ossobucco same comment. Technically ok, but tasteless. The french fries were good. Price quality is fine. Not advisable for an evening to talk with your partner.