“Dinner at Maurizio's - we've appreciated fish and seafood”

Il Gabbiano da Maurizio
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2018

In this small restaurant along the street in the waterfront we have eaten: spaghetti with seafood, pasta with mantis shrimp, fried seafood, grilled sea bream, skewers of prawns and squid. The first courses are very abundant, and we enjoyed the fish dishes. We will return to this restaurant which has good prices too.

Date of visit: July 2018
Write a reviewReviews (397)

Reviewed November 13, 2017 via mobile

I had a meal here in early November 2017 with two friends who are also colleagues.
Il Gabbiano was just up the road from our hotel and we were greeted warmly and left it to our patron to chose for us!
The starter was a cold mixed seafood dish and superb and followed by the main which was tagliatelle with mussels and clams and just what I wanted.
Walked down with a bottle of dry white local wine, I couldn't have asked for better.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed November 8, 2016 via mobile

Really good food ! Very nice service !
Big portions! Everything is fresh and so delicious. The ovner is so funny! Nice time with family :))

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed October 4, 2016

We ate there two-three times in August 2016. All meals were tasty, rich and well-prepared. Delivery time depends on crowd and type of meal, but in general it is not a big issue. Prices are on average level for that location.
I would like to recommend them, and this is for all restaurants in that region, they have to work all day long, foreign tourists have different eating habits. It is not normal to have a restaurant where kitchen is not working between 14-18 h every day.

Date of visit: August 2016
1  Thank shumskavila
Reviewed September 2, 2016 via mobile

Me and my family went to this restaurant few times during August: some times I had pizza and some others fish. The food is very tasty and I particularly enjoyed the "fritto misto" and "grigliata di pesce": both are fish dishes. The prices are good and the service is friendly. I certainly recommend this place for an informal lunch or dinner with family or friend.

Date of visit: August 2016