“Wonderful place to stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Croy
Ghillie Dhu Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Croy B&B and Inns
Meaford, Canada
“Wonderful place to stay”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We did a driving tour of Scotland for our honeymoon and stayed for two nights at Ghillie Dhu. Ghill had made our bed up complete with rose petals strewn across the cover. All was clean and fresh having been renovated very recently and she keeps it up very well. We were greeted warmly and invited in immediately to tea and cake having shown up at just the right moment. We were given lots of advice on where we could go eating and sight seeing, complete with directions and the loan of a map which is great for Canadians, because we aren't used to their road signage. Breakfast was absolutely delicious and she even shared her recipe for a lemon marmalade that she made fresh for us that morning. We were sorry to leave there and highly recommend it to anyone who has a desire to see the area around and East of Inverness. I wish we could have stayed there for a week!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Nicole I

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Fribourg, Switzerland
Reviewed August 5, 2013

It was a pleasure meeting Gillian. She is so friendly and welcoming.The B&B was recently renewed. The rooms are comfortable and charming. The breakfast is delicious and copious. The sea is not far (Nairm) and the city of Inverness either.I recommend warmly this Ghillie Dhu Bead and Breafast.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My daughter & I stayed here for 2 nights & it was great. Gill was a great hostess, nothing was too much of bother for her & the breakfast *WOW* was amazing. So much to choose from & so delicous, if only we could have eaten more. The rooms have been recently redone & they are clean & beautifully decorated. There is a house cat which we both loved.....our stay was purfect !

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Nairn, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stayed at Ghillie Dhu a short time ago and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The rooms are beautifully presented, with great attention to detail. Gillian is so friendly and I was made to feel at home from the minute I arrived.
My breakfast was absolutely delicious and nothing was too much trouble for Gillian.
I reluctantly left Ghillie Dhu feeling not only well relaxed but that I had made a new friend.
I would certainly recommend this B&B to all my friends and look forward to returning in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Bern, Switzerland
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful place to stay. Excellent host and great breakfast. We have really enjoyed our stay here. Thank you so much! the rooms are all very comfortable and stylish. We can highly recommend this nice B&B near Inverness.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Diana H
Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I recently stayed with my husband at Gillian's newly refurbished establishment. The room was beautifully decorated in fact the whole house is just lovely. Bed big and very comfortable with a shower room , we also had tea and coffee in the room , TV and a great breakfast in the morning.
My husband had a full Scottish and I had poached eggs nicely presented with fresh fruit and toast cold meats and cheese if we had wanted.
I think we were one of the first customers and I wish her great success with her new business .
Next time I'm in Inverness I'll definitely stay here.

Room Tip: Rooms are sunny in the morning Quiet country location