“Good for Indonesia province”

Novotel Bangka Hotel & Convention Center
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Pangkal Pinang
Reviewed August 5, 2013

It is rare to find such quality outside Java/Bali. Staff is very helpful and speak decent English. Rooms are spacious and clean. Slight communication problems with room service were solved quickly. Gym is well-equipped and machines are new. Pool area is ok if you have tolerance for free-wheeling children. Breakfast selection is mostly Asian and fairly basic. iMac corner and Garuda office in hotel lobby were well-appreciated extra services.

Nearby golf course was a slight dissappointmnet; while location, scenery and continuous breeze provided for perfect conditions, the course itself was run-down and neglected. Not to mention the club house and other facilities. Also, when I forgot my bag for overnight at the reception, the change (10 USD) in the side pocket had disappeared..

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
AnastasiaDamayanti, General Manager at Novotel Bangka Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear Mr. Kai S,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Bangka Golf & Convention Center. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Regarding your concern, we have made contacts to the management of the golf course to improve their service since they are our third party, and we have also conduted the further investigate regarding the security issues at our front desk.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We booked 2 standard rooms for 2 nights. I go with my wife, my 1 yo baby & my parents. We used accor adv plus upgraded room. So we got upgraded to executive floor room at 10th fl.

Check In & Check Out
Friendly staff, fast check in & check out. We came early at 11.30 AM and our rooms were ready.

Room
Actually, there is no difference between standard room & executive floor room. The difference is only there is dedicated executive lounge only for 10th floor rooms. But the F&B, coffee is so decent. Nothing special. I think, upgrade to executive floor room is not worth is at all.

The room new & minimalist design is the positive point. It also fully covered by carpet. We got connected door (king size & twin room) so my baby can crawling everywhere. They also provide nice baby cot & high chair for my baby (great!)

They need to improve their air con system. I think the room is not cool at all despite I know that Bangka weather is really hot. The room temperature shows 22 degress but I think the real temperature is only 24-25 degrees. My baby got sweat at night.

Bathroom
Nice design, separate area between shower, washstand and toilet. They provide rain type shower & normal shower. Hairdryer is available. But the bathroom is lack of hanger. I find difficulties to hang my towel & shirt.

Swimming pool
They have quite nice swimming pool that separated into two area : adult & children. The adult pool is too shallow. Only around 120 cm. Fitness club is also provided with standard equipment.I recommend afternoon swim to avoid the sun light.

Breakfast
I think they must improve this part!! The breakfast is nothing special. Lack of food variety. This is pathetic because Bangka is famous for their food culinary.

Location
Near to the airport. There is Garuda Indonesia office to city check in your flight. But this location is far from many famous culinary spots. It needs around 10-15 minutes by car to reach city center and will be difficult to find food on walk. FYI, there is no taxi in Pangkal Pinang. It needs around 45-60 minutes to reach Parai Beach.

Other:
Nice "little playground" in lobby area.

I found so many power down in Pangkal Pinang. But they provide sufficient generator set to cover the electricity.

Overall, this is just an OK hotel to stay in Bangka. They need improvement in some parts.

Room Tip: Executive floor is not worth it. Pool view is better.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank BryaNinda
AnastasiaDamayanti, General Manager at Novotel Bangka Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear Mr. Bryaninda,

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I visited Pangkal Pinang during my business trip on May. The location are strategic, only 5 minute ride from the airport. The room design was very good and efficient. My breakfast experience was also quite good considering their large variety of food.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Mr. Oliver Q,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Bangka Golf & Convention Center. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
AnastasiaDamayanti, General Manager at Novotel Bangka Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Reviewed June 12, 2013

The Novotel is right next door to the airport and is well appointed.Clean comfortable rooms. staff were friendly and food OK.
One downside was the pool was closed due to something green growing in it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
AnastasiaDamayanti, General Manager at Novotel Bangka Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

Dear Mr. Mykej,

Regarding the swimming pool, we apologize for the inconvenience and we are strive to maintain it regularly for the guest comfort.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

This is a new hotel. We stayed there to attend a conference within the precincts of the hotel, and it was just very convenient. The hotel itself is very modern, 3 minutes from the airport, very clean and friendly.
However, their staff need more training (the service at the restaurant took AGES just to serve a chicken soup! But they were elegant about it and when it finally arrived, I was not charged for it).
As a brand new hotel, we experienced a few hicups -like the impossibility of opening our door, or closing it with the key provided, and again with another key, so we had to change room-, but everything was done calmly and with the uttermost kindness.
The island of Bangka has a lot of potential, interesting beaches with huge boulders, and a few beachside resorts to cater the few tourists who are curious enough to visit.
Should you use any means of transportation to visit the island, do bargain though!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
AnastasiaDamayanti, General Manager at Novotel Bangka Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear Diloo,

Thank you for choosing Novotel Bangka Golf & Convention center as your accomodation and thank you very much for your positive feedback.

Your comments allow us to grow and deliver the satisfaction and momentum of excellence you expect & deserve.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I was invited for a party and our family stayed 2nights with 3rooms in total.

I came latter than my family and I asked for an airport transfer service and it cost around 100k. for 5 mins ride. I kow they have shuttle. but the shuttle leaves 5mins before garuda landed. so I think their free shuttle wasnt really sincere.

the room I got, no water heater. and full of black mold in the ceiling. I dont know if the hotel notice it but its seriously wrong and unhygienic, you can get really sick by mycoplasma.

I asked for a membership accor. and the girl saying, oh ya, give me your details and all the points will be emailed together with the membership no.

then after a while. I notice, she never input the points. then I was asked for the receipt of my stay to have the point in. which I didnt keep it after 1 month. I made the same exact report on their survey.

the GM emailed me just saying, they will try to improve. but none really remember, wheres the 3 rooms 2 nights stay point. shame.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
#1 of 1 in Sungailiat
Mitra Garden Hotel
Mitra Garden Hotel
#9 of 13 in Bangka Island

Been to Novotel Bangka Hotel & Convention Center? Share your experiences!