Parai Beach Resort & Spa
Menumbing Heritage Hotel(Pangkal Pinang)
$30
$27
Hotel Santika Bangka(Pangkal Pinang)
$28
$45
$41
$41
$37
Mitra Garden Hotel(Bangka Island)
$17
$24
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 25, 2013

the location and the beach are awesome, white send beach and clear water, we enjoy to stay our kids love it, can also walk on the beach between the big stones and make beautiful pictures. Unfortunately the room was not comfortable, old and smelly, and the electricity every two hours went off, the food was really below the std and over price. staff and assistance also quite poor.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Delbs69
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Great location, so close to the beach, clean room even it seemed too old. Good service. Live music from the resto can cheer you up. But unfortunately, the taste of breakfast is so so. I stayed here with my travel mate for just one night. We get special rate for cottage from the manager. The manager and some of the crews are friendly enough. one thing that made us little bit dissapointed is just the breakfast. Even the serve complete breakfast but it's not delicious at all! It's not worthed for a good resort like Parai.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank lucyliestiyo
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Located in parai beach, this resort has a very good location. The beach was beautiful and had a collection of granite boulders forming a large group of stone resembling a small island off the rocks. If you expect a 4 star hotel service, forget it: it's not even close to this standard. The bungalow was ancient and the bathroom was dirty. For the record, I recognize there were some dirty dishes left by previous guest on the day I arrived on the bungalow and the housekeeping didn't even take the dishes until I checked out.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Oliver Q
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We are a group of 40++ persons, we are there for 3 days 2 nights. Our group is combining age between 10 to 70+. None of us was having a good condition rooms.
First after we came in to the rooms, every rooms our members were staying is terrible. All rooms bed linen are having mysterious stains which we didn't know what is it. Then, when i tried to call to the housekeeping department, the phone was damaged. So i went to the next door rooms to make my complaining, yet it was experiencing the same peoblems. After i asked my other members, most of them was experiencing the same, we can't do any communication with the operators and other hotel departments. So, i walk to the receptionist to do my complaining, yet they ignored my complaining. IS IT A 4 STARS RESORT SERVICES??

Besides, every room is so dirty that it had at least 1 cockroach or more in the rooms,or in the bath rooms. In addition, besides cockroach there's also many ants. My bathroom was the worst, i found 3 centipedes during my shower. One of our members room was as worse as mine, it didn't have exhaust fan in the toilet which makes the pesticide's smell was so strong. For your information, we were staying in deluxe room.

The all you can eat food in the Rock Island Cafe was so expensive, it charged us Rp.165.000,-/pax with only serving us grilled fish, cuttlefish, and prawn, which we thought it's overpriced and not worth for it. We are not recommending it at all. The food choices for the free breakfast was also very limited.

The only thing which can erase a little bit of our big dissapoinment is the beach. The transparancy of the water with white wave, the white powder sands, with the green coconut trees and grey big stones was under a clear blue sky. Be very careful with the shells in the big stones if you are swimming in the sea. Some of our member include myself experience some wounds in our hand and leg due to it.

Not recomment it at all...! That beautiful beach we also can found in other island, such as Bintan island. I think it much much better!

Room Tip: No tips to have a better rooms, even you are going to stay at the executive rooms. Cocroach, ants and other insect are waiting you at the bed and bathrooms!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Liz_liz_only
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Everybody goes to Bali, paradise island of Indonesia. Not me.
I found Parai Tenggiri Beach in Bangka Island, South Sumatera worth a visit for somebody who wants to rejuvenate in a quieter environment.
It's clear water beach with white sands and some corals here and there, make it a unique one.

The hotel is an average quality accomodation, the food is about the same quality, but the view and the beach is much better than what we have in Java Island.

Room Tip: Book the villa or couple house in front of the beach so you can see blue water from your window. Do not forget to visit matras beach just beside parai beach, it has white sands.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family