“Amazing Quality Real Italian Food For Takeaway Prices”
Review of Bruno's Bistro - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My Fiancée and I have visited this restaurant many times. Our first visit was a special occasion, then were bowled over by the quality and attention to detail, and find this place better value than a takeaway, and each time we have received excellent food and service.

The décor is splendid, very authentic, good music, candlelit, yes it may be cramped for some people, but bearing in mind this used to be a living room not so long ago, people should be aware of it before, but what a job they have made of this living room!

The happy hour prices are crazy, if you were abroad you would think you would struck gold £2.45 for starters, £3.95 for pasta or pizza of £5.45 for a chicken dish. You cant make food that cheap yourself. Even if we go during happy hour, im always taken in by the specials on the board, from sizzling steaks, seabass, scallops, always worth an order.

Oh, the bread by the way, is worth the wait ! beautiful. 3 courses with a drink for under £20 for 2 people, where can you go wrong.

Managed brilliantly by Beverley, we will always keep going back :)

3  Thank GaryD1978

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Whilst in Willington visiting my family, My nephew recommended we visit Bruno's as the food is very good...Correct in every respect...the food is really good....BUT...the waitress who was working on our visit has issues with people who's Children attended Our Lady and St Thomas, school, This meal was supposed to be for MY Birthday,,,14-06-2013.....as my nephews children had attended the said school the waitress completely ignored us to the point we were first into the restaurant, seated by the waiter, ordered our starters and mains....But had to wait so long for our food that FOUR other tables were filled and had their food before us....one of our party had to ask if we were getting our food,,,to which the waitress handed our food to the waiter from behind the counter to give us...The service was not good at all...and I wont be in a hurry to return. After speaking to people about our visit it would appear that they have also had the same experience with the service and wont be returning for more of the same.

brunoone, Owner at Bruno's Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

we have put in a complaint to tripadvisor about this review we are also taking advice from other sources you are well within your rights to complain about the service and waiting time but not about issues outside of the bistro i am shocked that the school gave you permisson to use its name on tripadvisor as for passing the plates over the counter as you put it the kicthen is next to the bar which was next to your table we always pass the plates this way for a table of more than four also due my recent car accident i can only carry two plates at a time as for the four tables having food before you they did not ordered potato skins which have to be deep fried prawn cocktails and garlic mushrooms don't we were advised to repond to this review

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Eleven of us recently visited Bruno's for a Birthday celebration. When we booked the table I informed them it was for a Birthday and upon arrival we were seated straight away and the table was decorated beautifully with sparklers and confetti. The service was impeccable and the food is out of this world (I could actually live on their Pollo Diavoletto!). Not a single complaint was made from any one of our party and I can't wait to go back again. Thanks to Bruno and Beverley, hopefully see you very soon!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

This restauraunt really is top notch. Every time I go it just gets better. On my last visit I had the olive salad, chicken in lemon and parsley sauce and ended with gelato, coffee and amaretto. Wonderful service and deliciousfood.

Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

We've only been once here although we would consider visiting again at some stage.

Briefly: good points were that the food was very nice, if a little pricey for the standard, location and VERY cramped atmosphere.

Bad points: far too small and cramped. We were put on a table for two near the toilets in a location that's really too small and not a particularly ice place to situate a table where you expect people to enjoy their food.

Overall. Reasonable little bistro, good food but cramped and slightly expensive.

1  Thank Alan M