“Great for a sleep”
Review of ibis budget Derby

ibis budget Derby
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Willington

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

I understand that this room was cheap, and at that price you can't expect much, but considering they advertise a comfortable night, I at least expected a bed frame. Instead I found myself sleeping on a very unforgiving mattress on a plank of thick mdf wood. It let to a very uncomfortable night's sleep, and a very tight lower back all day today. On top of that, air
Con didn't work, neither did wifi (although according to staff it should have been...) and the shower alternated between freezing and scorching. The only saving grace of this hotel was the very friendly, and helpful staff who were happy to oblige our many requests. All in all I made a mistake thinking you can have a good nught's sleep in a budget hotel. A mistake I won't be making again. The cut corners were not worth the money saved.

• Stayed September 2013
Management_6596, General Manager at ibis budget Derby, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
I am sorry that you were disappointed by your experience staying with us in ibis budget Derby hotel. I appreciate the feedback and rest reassured that we take all comments very seriously. I can inform you that the bed matresses are going to be exchanged for more comfortable in the near future. And I hope we can welcome you again one day in our hotel.
Kind regards, Lamyae Frija
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night on Sat. 7th September. Booked a room for 3 people, luckily one was a child of 13 of his bed was like a single bunk over our bed !! The double bed I found to very hard, didn't really get a good night;'s sleep. There is a cubile which is the toilet ( only toilet as sink is in the room ) and a seperate shower room, the only problem about this is that I am an early riser and when I showered I wakened everyone up !!! as the shower is in the actual room. But don;t get me wrong for the money this is very good value for money, the reception staff were very friendly and if you din't like their continental breakfast on offer then there were a few places you couild get a full breakfast or whatever you wanted. There is also the Cherry Tree Farm for dinner etc. All in all a present stay and I would go back again if I was in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Many thanks forposting your comments here. We appreciate all feedback very much. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back at ibis budget Derby in Willington.
Kind regards, Lamyae Frija
Preston
Reviewed September 9, 2013

No problems with this hotel. You get exactly what you expect. Cleanliness, reasonably quiet except for the odd person who doesn't know how to close a door at night without slamming it, convenient for Derby & cheap, particularly if you book far enough ahead.
No complaints yet and I'm a regular visitor.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. I am glad that you enjoy your stays here and I and my team hope we can welcome you in ibis budget Derby hotel many times in the future. Kind regards,
Lamyae Frija
UK
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Following on from recent error ridden stays at Premier Inn's and my surprise love of the Ibis Budget on Manchester Great Ancoats Street, on return to Derby I thought I'd try the Ibis Budget on the outskirts at Willington. I was also delighted to be able to take the dogs with me this time for a supplement of £5 per dog per night.

The journey was a quick and easy one along the A38, and the hotel is well set back to eliminate any noise concerns. There was ample parking and I was able to park up right by the large grass garden area to exercise the dogs with ease. I was pleased to see that there was absolutely no excrement lying around from previous users. Across the car park there was a popular and rather good full-of-locals pub restaurant where the steak was amazing and the cakes/deserts were all beyond massive, and also a service station with all the usual amenities.

Service was friendly and efficient; breakfast was fresh and tasty. The rooms were almost identical to that of the previous Ibis budget, with a very comfortable double bed and a great shower. The only downside was the air-conditioning at this one isn't as good and the carpet was stained. It could really do with being replaced, but a minor complaint in an otherwise faultless stay.

I also was pleased to see that disabled rooms are available on the ground floor and the staff seemed well versed in disabled people's needs.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank journeyonwards
I am so glad that you had an enjoyable time during your stay in Ibis budget Derby hotel. I hope we can welcome you back to the property soon.
Kind regards,

Lamyae Frija
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willington
The Unicorn Inn
The Unicorn Inn
#1 of 2 in Newton Solney
Hallmark Hotel Derby Mickleover Court
Travelodge Burton Upon Trent Central Hotel
Travelodge Burton Upon Trent Cen...
#4 of 11 in Burton upon Trent
#3 of 29 in Derby
Aston Court Hotel
Aston Court Hotel
#16 of 29 in Derby

Been to ibis budget Derby? Share your experiences!