“Cheap and Cheerful”
Review of ibis budget Derby

ibis budget Derby
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Willington
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Stayed here before going to Alton Towers, the Ritz it isn't but then neither is the price £22 for a room, the bed could have been softer but the sheets were lovely and crisp, the power shower was good. The bed side lighting was better than a lot of 5* hotels. A mirror by the electrical point would have been nice difficult to blow dry my hair. Make sure you take your own hairdryer and toiletries.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Management_6596, General Manager at ibis budget Derby, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Many thanks for the positive comments. I am happy we were able to make your stay with us enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back again soon.
Kind regards

Lamyae Frija

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed at the Ibis Budget Derby for 2 nights with my Hubby, 14 year old Daughter & her Friend as we had a short break away to Alton Towers. As there were four of us we had to get 2 rooms which at £78 for both rooms for the 2 nights was fantastic value for money. The rooms are nothing fancy, a bed, toilet, shower, tv & Sink. But they are spotlessly clean & Comfy if you are just looking for somewhere to put your head at the end of a busy day.

They dont do food in the hotel, unless you want micro chips or pizza & only a continental breakfast. There is an Esso petrol station beside it that also has a KFC, a Pastry Place & another eaterie called Hamiltons. Altho Hamiltons had the sign outside advertising full cooked breakfasts it was closed both days we were there. There is also a Brewers Fayre Type Place, Cherry Tree Farm, but they dont start breakfast till 10am, by which time you want to be at the park.

We did find a wee Snack van at the roundabout where the hotel is & would recommend him, He does a lovely roll on bacon for breakfast.

The only other fault we found with the hotel is that it did not have tea & coffee making facilities in the room.

All that being said we had a great stay :)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you very much for posting your comments. We always welcome feedback. My team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us in Ibis budget Derby hotel. I hope we can be part of your future travel plans.
Kind regards,
Lamyae Frija

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Management_6596, General Manager at ibis budget Derby, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I would say this is a great bargain - rooms were clean, bedding was more than enough and staff were friendly and helpful. All in all this hotel is a great place as a stopover it is excellent value for money.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Management_6596, General Manager at ibis budget Derby, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Thank you very much for posting your comments, regarding your recent stay with us, I am so glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us and you found the hotel at great value for money , with clean room and helpful team. I hope we can welcome you back to Ibis Budget Hotel in Derby in the near future. Kind Regards, Lamyae Frija

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Good simple pod style room (Japanese style bathroom). Newly decorated. Basic but very good continental breakfast. Not far away from the East Midlands airport that suited us perfectly.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravellingBoys
Management_6596, General Manager at ibis budget Derby, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback. I am glad you have enjoyed your stay with us. I hope we can welcome you back to the Ibis Budget in Derby again very soon. Kind Regards, Lamyae Frija.

Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

I guess you get what you pay for I have paid for it with a bad back and hardly any sleep! I read the reviews of this hotel on here and thought seems ok for £30 a night how wrong I was. Beds are rock hard pillows most uncomfortable ive ever had. My daughter slept on top bunk which is rather unnerving when you are lying underneath and every time she moved the noise would wake you as sounded very unsteady. The noise also was unbelievable we stayed two nights midweek and had the misfortune of being right opposite reception area screaming yelling shouting I heard every check in word for word witnessed a drunken fight in reception not nice when you are a single mum with two young kids I didn't feel unsafe or threatened just not a place I would ever visit again much rather pay a bit more for a premier inn or holiday inn couldn't get out quick enough!!

• Stayed: August 2013
Management_6596, General Manager at ibis budget Derby, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Thank you for taking time to tell us about your stay at the ibis budget Derby, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. We appreciate all feedback, and having noted all your comments. I hope we can welcome you back in the future. Kind Regards, Lamyae Frija

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Me and my boyfriend travelled from Kent and planned to stay at the Ibis for two nights after returning from Alton Towers each day.

We paid £57 for both nights and we were both pleasantly surprised. The room had everything that we needed, clean and modern. There was even a cafe type area in the reception were you could buy a sandwich or a drink etc. When we ordered food to the hotel on the second night the receptionist on duty was kind enough to offer us some plates and cutlery to take to our room. Our room had a nice big shower, separate toilet, tv with 10+ channels and even had air conditioning!

The only thing downside was that there was only one plug in the entire room, which can be frustrating when you have 3 or 4 devices to charge but we worked around the issue. We also took along our own pillows after reading about them being uncomfortable but the pillows provided were fine.

I honestly don't see how people can complain about this hotel when it is the cheapest per night in the area. If you're expecting something fancy then perhaps don't stay at a BUDGET hotel, you get what you pay for here and even that is more than expected.

Will without a doubt stay again if I'm ever in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Management_6596, General Manager at ibis budget Derby, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your positive comments , I am so pleased you have enjoyed your stay with us & finding the hotel clean and modern with ideal location for your & very helpful team . My team & I appreciate your kind words & we are glad we have been part of your visit.
Thank you for giving us the maximum five stars ratings.
We look forward welcoming you back to Ibis Budget Derby again very soon, Kind Regards, Lamyae Frija

Also consider these accommodations in or near Willington
Travelodge Burton Upon Trent Central Hotel
Travelodge Burton Upon Trent Cen...
#6 of 11 in Burton upon Trent
#1 of 1 in Branston
Forest Court
Forest Court
#2 of 3 in Ashby de la Zouch

Been to ibis budget Derby? Share your experiences!