“Excellent for the price - clean and modern”
Review of ibis budget Derby

ibis budget Derby
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Willington
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent for the price - clean and modern”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I recently stayed at the Ibis Budget in Derby with some friends after a trip to nearby Alton Towers.

We got a great deal on two double rooms and paid just £20 per room so it was a bargain!

Having spent this little we didn't expect much but were pleasantly surprised. The receptionists were really helpful and friendly, the room was really clean and modern, the blinds blacked out the majority of light, and the windows were thick enough that we weren't disturbed by the road noise at all.

I've read some reviews about then sizes of rooms, but it's perfectly adequate with a shower cubicle and sink in the room, and separate toilet (although the latter is a little small). The TV had around 10 channels so was fine for us.

In the evening we drove to a nearby Indian restaurant (Basmati India) - it's about 5 mins in the car and has welcoming hosts and great food.

We didn't take the breakfast in the hotel as it's only continental, but went across the carpark to the services where there's a couple of places offering full English and a decent cup of tea and coffee.

My only small criticism of the hotel is that they ran out of spare pillows and only provide one per person so you should ask for spares as soon as you check in to avoid disappointment.

All in all though, it was a fantastic little place for the price and perfect for somewhere to get your head down!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Management_6596, General Manager at ibis budget Derby, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
I am very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future. Kind Regards, Lamyae Frija

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Some friends and I stayed here as a one night stop over before going to Alton Towers the next day. It's about a half hour to forty minute drive to the park.
Our rooms were basic but very clean. The only negatives I have was the woman on reception when we checked in. She was busy with something and didn't even acknowledge us. A simple "I'll be right with you" would have been nice.
The other thing was that it was very warm outside so we put the air con on before we went to bed. Woke up in the middle of the night boiling because the air con had switched off. We couldn't get it back on so the rest of the night was very uncomfortable.
Other than that it was fine. It only cost £20 a night so was worth the money.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for your comments. I am glad that you find the room very clean and the hotel location was close to Alton Towers, and having noted all your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Kind Regards, Lamyae Frija
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I cannot fault this hotel in any way. I had been on a leisure trip with loads of travelling and uncomfortable campsites and was finishing with a hotel before I took the long drive home. I had chosen this one as it was at the junction of my roads and was cheap. I have to say I cannot believe how cheap it was now I have stayed there as it really was very well serviced and the 24 hour staff were excellent. There is a restaurant, bar and shops close by and the rooms provide as much as you need if looking for a bed, shower and tele. It was clean and warm. The only reason the hotel doesn't get top marks is because I thought the bed was a bit uncomfortable and the breakfast is pre packed. I went to the cafe across the road for a cooked breakfast.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away fro the main road as its very busy and as it was warm I had the window open s...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Management_6596, General Manager at ibis budget Derby, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts, I am so pleased you have enjoyed your stay with us & finding the hotel at great value for money with excellent customer service from the team. As for the bedrooms we will be having the refurbishment by the end of this year one of the changes will be the mattress, I am sure you will have great stay with us in the future. I hope we can welcome you back to Ibis Budget Derby again very soon, Kind Regards, Lamyae Frija
Ely, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Very clean and functional in convenient but noisy location saved by air-conditioning.
Selected Ibis hotel as beds are normally superbly comfortable, however my room had a hard mattresses without the usual Ibis soft 'topper'. Maybe this is the difference between a normal Ibis hotel and an Ibis 'Budget' hotel? How silly!
Continental breakfast was simple but adequate except for the slimy tinned ham which was horrid.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Many Thanks for posting your comments; I am glad that you had enjoyable stay with us and finding the hotel very clean and functional. I hope we can welcome you back to Ibis Budget Derby again very soon, Kind Regards, Lamyae Frija
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willington
Travelodge Burton Upon Trent Central Hotel
Travelodge Burton Upon Trent Cen...
#6 of 11 in Burton upon Trent
Hallmark Hotel Derby Mickleover Court
Holiday Inn Express Burton-upon-Trent
Holiday Inn Express Burton-upon-...
#5 of 11 in Burton upon Trent
The Unicorn Inn
The Unicorn Inn
#1 of 2 in Newton Solney
Jurys Inn Derby
Jurys Inn Derby
#3 of 29 in Derby
Travelodge Derby Pride Park

Been to ibis budget Derby? Share your experiences!