“ibis budget, willington,derby”
Review of ibis budget Derby

ibis budget Derby
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Willington
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Have stayed on a number of occassions. One of the few hotels that gives value for money. Spotless, helpful, efficient staff, good location. Perfect for overnight business or leisure trips. Unlimited parking availability. Would recommend

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
EtapDerbyManager, General Manager at ibis budget Derby, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2012

I am very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a comments.
My team and I we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again in the very near future. Kindest Regards, Lamyae Frija General Manger

Reviewed September 19, 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
EtapDerbyManager, General Manager at ibis budget Derby, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2012

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Really Basic facilities, however more than adequate for an overnight stop.
The room was Comfortable and modern with separate toilet and shower cubicle within the room.
No tea/coffee making facilities or toiletries included but as you're at services there are options and the hotel has a snack fridge in reception.
There is a internet corner (need to pay for), would have been better if free wifi in room, for the purposes of my trip, this ticked all the boxes and I would certainly book with this group again if I needed a functional overnight stop somewhere.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
EtapDerbyManager, General Manager at ibis budget Derby, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Many Thanks for your comments. We appreciate all feedback and we are glad you enjoyed your stayed. I will look into the points your raised personally and in the meantime I hope we can welcome you back to the ibis budget in Derby in the near future. Kind Regards, Lamyae Frija

Reviewed September 16, 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank fayerss
EtapDerbyManager, General Manager at ibis budget Derby, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Reviewed September 14, 2012

We stayed one night at Ibis Willington (Derby) placed a valuable piece of jewlery down and left the room
as soon as I arrived home ( I did not go anywhere else) I rang the hotel I was told it was not there.

It took 3 telephone calls to gain the managers name and the name "Ana" ( the person I was speaking to) she refused to call her manager, she refused to give the name of the housekeeper for "security reasons as " I "may be a terrorist"She refused to contact her manager or the house keeper.

I contacted central reservations who said I must email the customer care team- eventually I gained a tel number in France-which I was told was "24/7"n ringing it I found it was not.
it was mon-fri.

I re rang central reservations when I asked for a manager I was left on hold for 12.5 minutes- I rang off and re rang- this time I was put through to a manager who offered to ring Ibis willington and email customer care team.

At each stage I was clear I took responsibility for leaving the piece but I was giving opportunity for it to be returned.

except for the central reservations manager (Debbie) I met with obstruction and unhelpfulness and denial and it was suggested I could be a terrorist seeking information- all I wanted was my piece of jewlery back it has great sentimental value and cannot be replaced.

Having rung the police and followed their advice and rung the hotel again to give opportunity for return and on police advice to tell them what the Police had said. I was told by Ana that she had no problem with her name going in my report and that I should send a photograph of the item!!!-she again refused any further help .basically she lft me with the clear impression she had no regard for either customer care or Ibis reputation.

I WAS TRYING TO RESOLVE THIS WITHOUT POLICE INVOLVEMENT -I WAS BLOCKED and insulted.
there is no way the item could not have been seen- it was large- my fault for leaving it but the way I was treated ,left on hold ,given mis information and told I could be a terrorist was appalling.

I have stayed many times at this hotel and whist the room was comfortable for one night. I found the understanding of staff somewhat lacking ,the disabled toilet on the ground floor unclean on each occasion we stayed. light blubs in our room did nor work and could not be changed until monday ( this was thursday evening)

We have ceased ordering breakfast as last time there was a coach party staying and between 7am and 9am there were no seats to eat breakfast - we ended up eating it in our car!

so why did we continue to stay? simply because it was close to our mothers care home - clearly we were wrong there is no customer care ethos at Ibis Willington,there is no 'here to help'ethos and if you ask for a name you could be a terroist seeking information!

it seems that Ibis Willington are quite happy to court poor publicity and have Police involvement in investigating possible theft.- be warned if you stay here and accidentially leave something in your room - unlike other hotels - this one is at least unhelpful,in assisting recovery and no we did not leave the room open when we left.we tried to give someone the opportunity for honest mistake - instead I was insulted,misdirected,left on hold and frankly treated appallingly

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
EtapDerbyManager, General Manager at ibis budget Derby, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Many Thanks for you feedback and I am sorry that you were disappointed and that you had difficulty to get confirmation whether you had left a personal item in your room. I can certainly understand the difficulty you faced and I am personally looking in to this at the moment.

Furthermore, I am sorry that you did not feel the staff had the appropriate attitude and you can be assured that I have relayed your feedback to the staff. Customer service is of paramount importance to us and we are deeply disappointed that, in this instance, you did not feel that we met your expectation. Please feel free to contact me on 01283701816 to discuss this further. Kind Regards. Lamyae Frija

Reviewed September 12, 2012

we stayed for two nights at the ibis derby whilst on a weekend visit to Alton towers, althought trot the closest of hotels this one without a doubt provided the best value for money. It cost us only £46 for two nights! The first night cost us only £18 which is remarkable considering the staff where friendly and welcoming at check in, the room was clean and the room was nicely decorated considering. The hotel did what it said on the tin! A great place to rest your head at night and it didn't burn a hole in yourpocket, also a lovely resteraunt the cherry tree farm was across the road for lovely food!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
EtapDerbyManager, General Manager at ibis budget Derby, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2012

Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at ibis budget in Derby. I hope we can be part of your future travel plans, General manager , Lamyae Frija

Reviewed September 6, 2012

I was working at a nearby festival on stage crew. I couldn't be doing with camping so i booked this hotel.
I was leaving really early, and getting back late but it was never an issue. The people behind the desk were always polite, helpful and said hello!

The room was fine, the air con was a great bonus as well.

For some reason the room filled up with insects (probably due to the light) but i was changed to another room with little fuss.

Every night i got back i found new towels and bedding

So yeah, i heavily reccomend it!

The pub over the road was brilliant for food as well.

Thanks guys, if i'm at the festival again i'll see you next year!

Room Tip: you're near a motorway so there's always going to be some road noise but with the windows cl...