This place is as good as people say it is . It's very quite and secluded and it's wonderful having the beach right there. It is worth the 2.5 hour drive to get there because when you arrive you realize that the trip has been worth it. My only concerns were these . Firstly the cocktails are not very good at all. They vary in quality and sweetness depending on who makes them including using the alcohol stated in the receipy
I gave up on cocktails after day 2 and drank my own spirits
The wine selection is limited expensive and misleading. I paid for what is advertised as an Australian wine Only to find it was made in Bali with Australian grapes . The food is fine but changeable but reasonably priced.
I was surprised to find you are not provided with any of the usual mini products such as razors, body lotion etc only soap shampoo and conditioner. There are very few DVDs to watch and several do not work.
The massages are excellent . Try the Bali massage with the heat wrap - fantastic.
I took a half day trip to see the turtle reserve that collects eggs to conserve them then keeps them unit they hatch then you take some of the babies and release them into the ocean. The trip is wonderful as you get to see the real Bali countryside and villages.
The staff are friendly and helpful. The place is spotless and the gardens well kept. I agree there could be more comfortable seating or lounging in the rooms but I spent most of my time on the lounges outside
as the temperature was great.
I usually stay in villas with their own pool but I did not miss that because there is simply so few people here and so much space that you feel as if you are in a private space anyway. I stayed 5 nights and that was just the right length of time for me .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by a beautifully landscaped coconut garden, Kelapa Retreat is a truly peaceful hideaway. Each of its villas is surrounded by luscious vegetation featuring indigenous flora and fauna which guides you to an infinity pool and private beach, where you can truly recharge and admire the stunning scenery. With each villas the architect has sculptured spacious contemporary design. Open fronted with a comfortable day bed and open to the natural beauty surrounding the retreat. The reflective pond roofs of the villas are designed to appear like traditional Bali rice terraces that helps create an electric mix of European and Indonesian design. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kelapa Retreat Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kelapa Retreat Bali Hotel Pekutatan
- Kelapa Retreat Bali Pekutatan