Grenadian by Rex Resorts
$146
$129
$916
Hotels.com
Siesta Hotel(Grand Anse)(Great Value!)
$73
$66
Sandals Grenada Resort and Spa(Pink Gin Beach)
Sandals Resorts
  • Breakfast included
2,033 results
All reviewsbeach frontfishbeachfront roomsoupspool barrex resortsbeach vendorsisland tourst georgeshotel groundsmain restaurantair canadaa la carte restaurantbeautiful islandexecutive chefaquarium restaurantthree star
Reviewed November 3, 2009

This resort was magnificent. The staff were very friendly. the food was great, we were all inclusive so we had breakfast, lunch, dinner and drinks icluded (thats minerals, wine and beer, and spirits. the hotel was very cleanand the swimming pool was a good size and not too deep so it was safe for kids. the beach was excellent. Non motorised water sports are free if your all iclusive. the standard of the food was excellent and you had a choice every night you ate there.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tipCork
Reviewed November 2, 2009

The best things about the Rex Grenadian were a) the friendly staff b) the sea and fabulous views and c) the AI cocktails.
There is not much more I can say that hasn't already been said.
I travelled on my own and was looking forward to a nice relaxing holiday by day and a chat with other guests by night. This was achieved up to a point. I never felt out of place in the restaurants or at the bar. Unfortunately, I am a polite person and the beach vendors (and other members of the public) were very forward in their advances once they realised I was on my own, even though I let it be known that I was married. So rather than telling them to get lost, I ended up retreating to the pool area for my sunbed which, whilst lovely, did not satisfy my want to be in really close proximity to the sea.
That aside, I did have a lovely time. I paid for tuiton for the HobieCat and then took it out again the next day, which was a thrill for me as I am not normally confident in the sea.
The food was varied and very tasty and up to the standard of the hotel, I felt. Drinks were excellent. Evening entertainment was good when it was on - I particularly enjoyed the steel band. My room was large and clean. As a previous reviewer pointed out, the aircon unit on the balcony made it a bit hot to sit out but I had a hillside room with not much view so this didn't bother me too much.
I walked from the airport - it is less than 5 minutes and nice to stretch my legs after a long flight. If you are on a budget I would recommend this hotel and I would return with friends, but as a solo female traveller I would probably go to a country which didn't have public beaches.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
5  Thank Blackcat2
Reviewed November 1, 2009

Really nice hotel, well laid out, clean and tidy beached, plenty of natural shade, crystal clear waters. The decor was a little tired, but that's reflected in the star rating. The staff were lovely, very welcoming, very helpful and everyone was always smiling. The dining room was large and spacious and I never tired of the food. Most of the windows have had the glass taken out so you have a natural breeze flowing through the room. The room has plenty of fans operating. The accommodation was spacious with twin beds, sea view, beach front with excellent air con. Coffee machine in the room which was a plus and easily accessible ice machine on each floor. The swimming pool bar was sometimes under staffed but on mentioning this to the general manager he rectified the situation immediately and did monitor it.

Devotion2Ocean provided the diving (and plenty of other water related sports).

All your kit is carried to and from the boats, even set up for you before you dive. After the dive washed and well looked after.

I did the best dives I have ever done, even dived the same wreck, the Bianca C, 6 times - AWESOME - special thanks to Andrew, cheers mate !

I will definitely be back here

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank SeaBreezeBrighton
Reviewed October 30, 2009

My husband, 5 year old daughter and i have just returned from a week's holiday at the Rex and i cannot get over how wonderful a holiday we had. We arrived 22/10/09 and were greeted with some Fruit Punch at check in which i thought was such a lovely touch as it was so baking hot. Check in was fine and we were upgraded to a Beach front room which was absolutely brilliant.
The room , though minimalistic and basic was very spacious with a huge comfy bed and we also got a single bed for our daughter. The room opened out direct onto the beach which was absolutely beautiful and it was not far to walk to the watersports beach and pool bar for that all important cocktail. The drinks were yummy, especially the Banana Kow and of course everyone has to try the rum punch. Whilst we were there, it was quite busy as it was half term in England, so all the meals were eaten in the Cinnamon restaurant. There was always plenty of food and plenty of choice and variety everyday that we never even bothered to eat anywhere else. The staff in the restaurant are the best ever, they are always around to help and they are so friendly and polite and just make everything that much easier. In fact ALL the staff were brilliant, from the barmen, to groundsmen to kitchen staff to housekeeping.
The grounds and the beaches are also brilliant. The Rex is truly beautiful and we had an absolutely lovely time there. Our only wish is that we had been able to stay for longer, one week was definitely not enough to enjoy the beautiful island of Grenada. We would definitely return to the rex again in the future.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
9  Thank Melinda A
Reviewed October 12, 2009

My partner and I stayed at The Grenadian between 24th Sept - 8th Oct '09 which we booked with Virgin Holidays and we had an absolutely faultless holiday.

The food was excellent with a good selection including lovely Caribbean dishes. They even did a roast dinner on Sundays with delicious Yorkshire puds which we thought was a nice touch.

We were more than happy with our room with a huge comfortable king-size bed. The room was cleaned everyday and the towels changed most days too. The air conditioning was excellent which was great as we had fantastic hot weather.

The beaches were stunning; the view from the pool bar is gorgeous. We enjoyed the use of the free non motorised water sports - this should definitely be taken advantage of especially the snorkeling. We also had a go on the banana boat and the charges for motorised sports are very reasonable.

The lake and gardens are beautiful and well kept, we always saw gardeners hard at work. There was a great selection of drinks and cocktails. The staff we very friendly and chatty and made our stay very welcoming.

Our holiday was excellent value for money and to sum it up we had an amazing holiday and we would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple