A bright colourfull hotel shuttle van drove us quickly from Kloten Airport to the hotel, exactly on time - as a Swiss Railway clock!
At check in, mid morning, a very sweet and extremely helpfull lady, Michelle, greeted us, and upon our request for a nice, quiet room she immediately said she would show us several rooms to chose from, which she did. B.t.w: thank you, previous guests, for the traveler tips, very usefull.
As all rooms upstairs were fully booked she showed us some rooms on the ground floor, was honest enough to point out the positive- and negative features of those peticular rooms.
We chose room 044 at the very end of the ground floor corridor and although the view wasn't spectacular (parking space) and very close to the main road, we did like the idea of no one running by our room in the middle of the night: room 044 and 046 even have a seperate door to the main corridor, extra quiet.
Room was absolutely sound proof: no noises from either next door- nor upstairs neighbours.
Room was extremely warm, even after we shut the A/C - heating, so we decided to open the window a little at night for fresh air and much to our surprise next to no traffic all night.
And although the runway of Kloten Airport is so close: no airplanes at night either!
The very modern bathroom facilities were a positive surprise: large wash basin directly next to room entrance, seperate toilet with a small wash basin next to other side of the entrance door and then the colourfull circular shower with the nice sliding door with the silhouette of Zurich' most famous landmarks: very original and a nice touch. Not a drop of water outside the shower cabin: quite an achievement, well done!
Loved the same Zurich' landmark silhouette projected on the ceiling, by the lamp on the wall opposite the very comfortable bed: another small touch of taste!
Only negative point: only one chair at the small round table at the windowsill, another chair in front of the desk - but do not try to move the chairs together if you would like to sit 2 at either spot: no room to move and quite difficult to handle because of the television/safe pillar.
Breakfast was large, good choice and tastefull and whenever the plates were emptied by greedy guests (!) immediately re-filled by the friendly and helpfull staff.
Train station is a short walk, either cross the road half way (marked) or walk till the red pedestrian bridge and do take your time to get familiar with the Swiss train ticket system on the automatic vendor machine: chose your language first and go step by step because not all is logical for non-residents..... Trains to Zurich Central station run every 30 minutes, to the North less frequent as time tables will point out.
All in all, our 3-night stay was very pleasant, cannot think of any negative point, and therefor I highly recommend this hotel, either for a stop over in connection with flights or as a tranquil spot outside Zurich for those who come by plane or by car: you won't be disappointed (I hope...)!.
....and the bear: you will meet him, right next to the entrance.......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The perfect choice after a day of flying, this hotel near the Zurich Airport offers comfortable rooms and proximity to the city centre. Relax in the plush European Ecolabel Elite beds, and recharge your devices with the smartphone docking stations. The on-site restaurant provides delectable meals during convenient dining hours, while the flexible meeting rooms offer the ideal venue for any personal or business event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Rezidor, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Park Inn by Radisson Zurich Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Inn By Radisson Zurich Airport Hotel Rumlang
- Park Inn Rumlang
- Zurich Airport Park Inn
- Park Inn By Radisson Zurich Airport Canton Of Zurich/Rumlang