“A good place to stay”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Rumlang
Chennai (Madras), India
“A good place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

Stayed at this placed for two nights and it was a pleasant one. Staffs at the reception was courteous and the service was also good.

The room was decent sized but a mini bar, a TV, good double cot bed and basic amenities.

Overall a very calm place to stay and they have a wonderful outdoor lobby to gel with the nature - am sure I need not say how weather will be in Zurich - it was 5 degree yaar.

Breakfast was good. I had my flight transit from hotel at 6 AM and they said breakfast starts as early as 4 AM. To my surprise the restaurant area was almost full. The spread was good and tasted very good.

One hotel I am seeing who gives airport transfer unlimited which is amazing service and the shuttle service is there every 15 mins.

Last but not the least I am must mention about this wonderful person Zein....he is at the restaurant counter and he is simply amazing. The service he does, the guidance he gives to a guest, courtesy etc...was happy I met a wonderful person so far from where I live.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Holiday Inn Exp... Z, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Zurich Airport, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying at our Holiday Inn Express and for writing such a wonderful review. We are happy that you have enjoyed your stay so much with us and that our staff was so friendly and helpful. It will be a pleasure to pass on your compliments to Zlein, our bar tender.

Thomas Mettler, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

Great facility, but the real difference is the staff. I arrived late, very tired and frustrated (not the hotels fault) and Henry U picked up on immediately and went out of his way to salvage the day. Nice rooms, nice little restaurant, but the entire staff works hard to make your stay very comfortable. I have stayed there a second time by choice and found the same great service. Arrive tried, leave feeling much better.

Room Tip: No really bad rooms, even the ones by the elevator are quite
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ted D
Holiday Inn Exp... Z, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Zurich Airport, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Guest

We are so happy that you have enjoyed your stay so much at our hotel and that our Night-Manager took so good care of you. This is what we are aiming for every day to provide "Great Hotels Guest Love".

I will be a pleasure to welcome you soon again at our property.

Meols, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

We only stayed at this hotel for 1 night whilst we waited for a connecting flight from the airport the following day.
We arrived quite late at around 8pm. The check-inn/reception staff seemed a little rushed but still after a few minutes waiting in a queue we were seen and quickly checked-in and were delt with very courteously. We were thanked for being an IHG customer and the proceeded to our room.

We entered and our eyes were blazed with white. The lights were very bright and everything was white from the bed-sheets to the walls. However, it sort of worked, the room was spectacularly clean. As we settled in we discovered that the TV has English channels including BBC & ITV, which was a beautiful surprise and good to see some English TV abroad. The bathroom was beautiful with colourful lighting and a great power 'rain' shower and it was very well kept and cleaned.

The only problem we had was when we wanted to organise an early morning wake-up call. We used the phone to ring down to reception who informed us that you could do it directly from the hand-set in the room. However, something was missing from our phone (a paper insert) so we had no idea of how to set up a wake up call. With this info, we rang down again to tell them this, but they seemed to ignore us and told us the instructions were on the hand-set. We yet again said this wasn't possible, but they were intent on saying it was. So, in the end we hang up and my father actually walked down to reception to show them and then they just agreed to phone up themselves.

The free shuttle bus from the airport was very handy as it saved us a few Euros and the bar was very nice and even though we came down at 5am, breakfast was already all out and we picked at some food whilst we waited for the shuttle bus.

I would definitely have no hesitation in booking this again as it's a beautiful hotel and most of the staff are excellent as well.

ENJOY YOUR STAY!

Room Tip: Higher rooms give better views.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for booking our hotel and for giving us such a detailed feed-back about your stay at our Holiday Inn Express Zurich Airport. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
We will check all the rooms today to make sure that all telephones have the exact description for the guests so that they can operate the phone without any issue. Again thank you for this important information.

Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

I was in Zurich on a business trip and took my family with me. Reading stories here, I wanted to change, but in the end was happy that we stayed there. Room was clean, service very good. I reckon that when people complain about the front desk, they do not say that there is a free shuttle to/from the airport and when you have 20 people arriving at the same time of course there will be a Q. I reckon that for HOlInn Xpress the standard was good. Both managers we met were great and very helpful. Breakfast was enough for us and I liked the swiss cake. Train station is 3 minutes walk distance, airport shuttle for free. Overall, I can recommend the hotel. It is not Intercon, but you also pay a very good price (for overall expensive Switzerland).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Holiday Inn Exp... Z, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Zurich Airport, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for staying at our hotel and for writing such a detailed review. We are very happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that you were satisfied with our helpful service.

Hope to see you soon back again at our property.

Regards
Jakarta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

With location close to airport and the train station, I think this hotel has no other good things to offer.

Front office service is slow, you can see people lining up. It would be better if they can organize a bit so it wouldn't be a long queue. Wi-Fi is free for 30mins, you have to pay for the rest. Food for breakfast was nothing special. Stay for 3 days and it was the same everyday.

All in all, pretty standard. You come and sleep, that's it.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying at our property and for giving us such a detailed review. These information will help us to increase our quality standards.
We have reacted at once and will take the following steps:

1. more staff will be present in the evening for the check-in period to avoid waiting time
2. our IT-Manger was informed and we will make sure the Front-Office System is upgraded and that it will work faster
3. We offer 30 Minutes free internet for our guest to check their emails and also to print boarding passes. Our Priority Club Platim and Gold members receive free internet and from 1st January on also our Priortity Basic/Club members will receive free internet all the time. I recommend to enrol and become a member of the IHG loyality program. I will be a pleasure to assist you and offer our help if you have questions.
4. I will discuss the variety of the breakfast buffet with our F&B-Supervisor

We apologize once more for any inconveniences caused and please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss your stay more in detail with me. All supl. information will be a big help for us.

Kind regards
Thomas Mettler, GM (gm@hiexzurich.ch)
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

I think the hotel is fine unless you have a problem. Unfortunately we had one, with the shuttle bus, and the manager on duty, Igzmia, didn't handle it very well. Above all, she was very rude.

We reorganized a shuttle bus to the airport from 7 AM to 7:30 AM and when we went to take the bus we were told it was full.

When I discussed the problem with the manager on duty, Igzmia, she was rude and clearly stressed. When I asked whether the hotel could provide a taxi for us, I was told they could do it, however since the person that took my request to reorganize the bus had already gone home I would have to talk to discuss the matter with later by phone, and my credit card would be charged with the taxi in case he denies our request.
I found the answer unprofessional, but above all, Igzmia was very rude.
I was traveling with my wife and children (very young). At the end they give us a place in the following shuttle, 8 AM, even though, at the start of our conversation Igzmia had said that the next shuttle with places available was 8:30 AM. We had stayed before in HI airport hotels, unfortunately we won't be staying with the chain again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank cnunezre
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying at our hotel and for giving us such a detailed review about your stay. All your points will help us to improve our quality and to make sure guests love our hotel.

I deeply apologize for the miss-behaviour of our staff member. I talked already to the staff member and she has understood that her reaction was not acceptable. She received a warning and if such an incident happens again she will have to leave the hotel.

Again, I am very sorry for this incident and I would appreciate if you could call me to discuss your stay personally (+41-44-8093400/gm@hiexzurich.ch)

Thomas Mettler, GM

Travelers are raving about these Rumlang hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

The location of this hotel has train service to the Zurich hbf within 15 mins. The frequency is about 2 times per hour. Staying at this hotel allowed me to reach the tourist centre or package day tours near to Zurich hbf without much difficulty. I could park my car at the hotel without paying hefty parking cost in Zurich. The breakfast is above typical standard of holiday inn express especially with the selection of hot beverages. However it could be that I am slightly unlucky to be assigned or given a room with faulty ac as a result a change of room is needed in the middle of the night. I appreciate the front desk for helping us to move to another room but would appreciate better if rooms generically do not have these issues. Other than these we also have to understand the expectation of what we are getting for the price we are paying. I do really want to thank the staff there for their good service despite the heavy customer inflow during peak hours. It's not easy and also the amount of man power given for the breakfast, maintaining and refilling the food. The breakfast starts at 4am! Not many hotel does that...

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Danny170000
Holiday Inn Exp... Z, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Zurich Airport, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for staying at our hotel. We are happy that you had such a pleasant stay and that you experienced such helpful and friendly staff at our hotel.
I would appreciate if you could inform me which room number the first room had in which there where challenges with the air con, so that I can check this (gm@hiexzurich.ch).
Thank you for helping us to solve this issue for future guests.

Hope to welcome you soon back again.

Thomas Mettler, GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rumlang
Park Inn by Radisson Zurich Airport
#1 of 3 in Kloten
NH Zurich Airport
NH Zurich Airport
#6 of 10 in Opfikon

Been to Holiday Inn Express Zurich Airport? Share your experiences!