Approached our two nights at HIE with some misgivings.
We plan our travel at least 12 months in advance - usually avoiding chain hotels - then monitor Tripadvisor reviews during the interim prior to committing to a booking.
Needless to say some of the reviews for HIEZA have been less than complimentary. HIEZA suited our purpose as an overnight prior to flying home to Australia.
Initially securing a good deal on the Internet for a 1 night stay @ E112, we thought that an additional nights stay would allow us to visit Zurich - after driving through Europe for 4 weeks.
We telephoned hotel hoping to secure an additional night at the same price. The response from HIEZA was E169pn - although the Internet price on that day was E149. We were abruptly given the option of cancelling the booking (telephone) and initiating a Internet booking - no guarantee that there would be availability.
This did not instil any confidence in to what our reception would be like when we eventually arrived.
We were mistaken - upon arrival we encountered a young lady at reception, think her name was " Aline" or similar. She was pleasant, friendly, good English skills and efficient in her job.
We were early, for check in - made to feel at home - given opportunity of free access to computor in foyer - provided with advice on local restaurants - and telephoned a Zurich day tour provider to book a tour - excellent customer service. Provided advice and directions to local railway station - direct access to Zurich - thank you!
Modern, clean, reasonably basic, small double bed, which was probably the most uncomfortable we have encountered. ......" bouncy" ...would be a good description.
Clean, basic toiletries, separate toilet
Usual assortment of yoghurt, cereals, cheese and meats - welcome addition of hard boiled eggs- adequate.
first 30 minutes is free then any additional time is charged. This is the only charge for Wi Fi we experienced in six countries. Hotels always used to supply free writing materials - some still do. I consider that in the 21st century - supply of free Wi Fi to be part of the client package, towels, soaps, TV etc, etc. Charging for Wi Fi access is akin to charging for a hairdryer - communication is so vital to travellers in these times -
Next to the computers in foyer is a small container containing business sized cards - inviting guests to submit a review on Tripadvisor - that is the reason this review is so long winded. This, in my opinion is a good management tool, and an influence in choosing one hotel over another - continuous improvement -
At E112 pn the HIEZA is a very good option, however at E169 pn - a very uncomfortable bed makes for a poor nights sleep - which is vitally important when travelling......... and consequently must affect the overall rating of this review.
The staff we encountered in our two nights stay are a credit to their team - (contrary to a lot of previous reviewer's experiences) - and will lift this rating from a 3*
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Zurich Airport is the perfect choice for any visit to Zurich and to stay next to the airport. Whether you are exploring the country on business or pleasure, our modern hotel offers both comfort and value so you can relax, recharge and face the day with a smile.• 163 modern and fully equipped bedrooms over 6 floors• 3 spacious wheelchair accessible and specially adapted room for disabled guests• 24 hour service from our reception, bar and lounge area• Complimentary buffet breakfast from 4 a.m.• Complimentary Shuttle to Airport & City Centre• 5 meeting rooms with daylight for up to 25 persons• Over 100 Indoor and Outdoor car parking• Business Corner in the lobby• High speed internet access available• Priority Club: interesting reward program offering you many advantages ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Zurich Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Zurich Airport Hotel Rumlang
- Holiday Inn Express Zurich Airport Canton Of Zurich/Rumlang