“Extraordinary views, serenity and service”

Anantara Si Kao Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Sikao
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I recently spent a sublime eight days at Anantara Si Kao. Given my trip was in the Monsoon season of July I was lucky to have 80% sunshine which suited me perfectly. If you are after a recharge this is the place to go and the time to do it. The hotel is extremely comfortable and beautifully designed inside with airy interiors, grand gurgling water features, excellent pools and sun loungers that are actually comfortable. In my view that is quite something and take it from me, I've test driven a lot of sun loungers in my time!

The staff were incredibly helpful and solicitous and the food was good (the pastry chef has a lot to answerr for with my waistline they were melt in the mouth) and servings generous. There are lots of little service touches that confirm you are in an Anantara hotel. All credit to Dylan, his management team and all the staff who are doing a great job, its clear the operating culture is understood by all the staff. Thank you so much for making my time there just what I needed.

The beach is all your own and shallow and its easy to swim. Being mainland it is not crystal waters and 'finding nemo' but in the high season the Anantara's beach club on opposite on litte Koh Kradan has all that a short boat trip away. It is the perfect landing spot for land and marine national parks minutes away and great diving and snorkelling spots.

I can see it would make for an ideal family vaction without the overpopulated atmoshpere os some other islands and hot spots like Phuket etc. The hotel is well equipped to deal with a busy and active high season, but I cannot recommend it more for the low season too - you feel like its all been laid on just for you - royal treatment!

I am seriously considering another vist next year with a big group of friends to celebrate a milestone birthday in the style it should be done!

Photos to come.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I was there on my honeymoon (though it is the 4th time I have stayed in the hotel) and family and friends for 3 nights. The rooms are clean, the gardens peaceful and the view of the sea and islands incredible.

The staff from the bellboy to the general manager are very helpful and looking at ways to make your stay more comfortable.

Even though I have now stayed there 4 times I look forward to the next visit.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2013

It's a good place to relax. Good room with good facilities, we liked this resort, but it's the staff who make the difference.... They were very nice & helpful for us! (Especially Ms Kai, restaurant & bar Manager). We went in the rainy season, for 3 nights, so we didn't really had time to enjoy the pool & the beach, but we plan to go again in a better weather soon. I recommended a room with sea view to enjoy more...

Room Tip: deluxe seaview on high floor
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Thaiger1
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Fabulous location - really had the sense of 'getting away from it all'. A lovely property with excellent facilities, we stayed four nights and only left the resort once for a day trip to Trang. We were happy to just relax and enjoy the facilities this resort has to offer. The room was spacious and well-appointed (a definite feel of luxury) with awesome sea views. Really enjoyed the varied menus at the restaurants - certainly something to suit everybody. Staff were very friendly and the service second to none. Everyone made you feel welcome and looked after, which made for a personal expenience. Would definitely recommend - many thanks to Dylan & staff :-)

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank dmn_argyle
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We travelled during the "rainy season" - but had 4 days of great weather - only a few showers of rain .... The staff were friendly and helpful ... Khun Nee was so lovely and her english was excellent - checking in with us each day to see if we needed anything. The Thai set breakfast was great - and recommend in the Italian restaurant to try the beef cheek lasagna followed by the tiramisu .. both to die for .... The pool was lovely with the jets giving a gentle massage. We tried the spa and the body scrub was one of the best I have ever experienced.

Thank you Dylan - you have a great team of people working with you

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DEEBEE809
Reviewed June 20, 2013

This hotel is in a beautiful location, adjacent to the national park. It is very far away from town, and a very peacful place. Sunset is so beautiful that you want to have a good seat on the beach every evening. The problem is mosquitoes, which are everywhere when it is dark. The hotel is working hard to control it.
Overall, this is a good place to relax and stay away from the busy city lives.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Looking through my wedding pictures from August 2009, I realized I haven’t written any reviews for the Anantara SiKao, where we held our wedding. Here is the long overdue review. Please note that this is based on our experience back in August 2009 and we’re not sure if staff has changed, etc.

We were there for about 5 days, with our party of 40 guests. Staff at the resort were warm, helpful and accommodating. Meals (breakfast buffet) and wedding banquet were amazing. The chef then (Kelly Brennan) and her team did a wonderful job! Unlike the breakfast buffet menu at most hotels, the menu on the breakfast buffet changed daily and included both western hot breakfast and Asian dishes, which were very delicious. Our wedding banquet was setup buffet style with food stations – a big grill for seafood and meat; and pad thai were stir-fried fresh! It was just amazing!

The team were very accommodating, working with us from the very beginning on concept and sourcing special items for the wedding (from Australian beef to peach roses).
We were supposed to have our wedding on the beach but there was a dark cloud as the team was setting up (2 hours before the wedding). Staff had to quickly move on to Plan B and setup in the hotel lobby. They had to re-decorate and move the furniture in the lobby within a short timeframe and again, they didn’t fail to amaze! The lobby was transformed into a beautiful wedding venue.

Rooms were spacious, clean and with great views of the Andaman Sea. There was also a free service to Koh Kradan, the resort’s private beach.

It was definitely a 5* hotel.

Before I forget, we also got a surprise. After the wedding , we were invited to plant a love tree. I’m wondering how our love tree is. There should be a lil’ plaque in front of it. The tree is near the pool, next to the big steps. Perhaps, someone can send us a picture of the tree. :D

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank AussieMelb2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sikao
Layana Resort and Spa
#2 of 84 in Ko Lanta
CoCo Cottage Koh Ngai
CoCo Cottage Koh Ngai
#1 of 8 in Ko Ngai

Been to Anantara Si Kao Resort? Share your experiences!