I recently spent a sublime eight days at Anantara Si Kao. Given my trip was in the Monsoon season of July I was lucky to have 80% sunshine which suited me perfectly. If you are after a recharge this is the place to go and the time to do it. The hotel is extremely comfortable and beautifully designed inside with airy interiors, grand gurgling water features, excellent pools and sun loungers that are actually comfortable. In my view that is quite something and take it from me, I've test driven a lot of sun loungers in my time!
The staff were incredibly helpful and solicitous and the food was good (the pastry chef has a lot to answerr for with my waistline they were melt in the mouth) and servings generous. There are lots of little service touches that confirm you are in an Anantara hotel. All credit to Dylan, his management team and all the staff who are doing a great job, its clear the operating culture is understood by all the staff. Thank you so much for making my time there just what I needed.
The beach is all your own and shallow and its easy to swim. Being mainland it is not crystal waters and 'finding nemo' but in the high season the Anantara's beach club on opposite on litte Koh Kradan has all that a short boat trip away. It is the perfect landing spot for land and marine national parks minutes away and great diving and snorkelling spots.
I can see it would make for an ideal family vaction without the overpopulated atmoshpere os some other islands and hot spots like Phuket etc. The hotel is well equipped to deal with a busy and active high season, but I cannot recommend it more for the low season too - you feel like its all been laid on just for you - royal treatment!
I am seriously considering another vist next year with a big group of friends to celebrate a milestone birthday in the style it should be done!
Photos to come.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Journey down the Andaman coast for a family vacation or memorable getaway and discover the natural beauty primed for fresh adventures. Explore an undiscovered corner of Thailand with a host of authentic natural and cultural wonders while surrendering to a state of bliss at Anantara Si Kao Resort. Anantara Si Kao is set on serene Changlang Beach, just one hour and 15 minutes from Krabi International Airport. The region around Si Kao has remained largely unchanged for centuries. Visit some of the finest beaches in Asia, many completely deserted, while exploring the over 45 pristine islands of Trang province. Gain insight into the real Thailand as you get acquainted with the charms of a refreshingly un-commercial town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Anantara Si Kao Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Si Kao Hotel Sikao
- Anantara Si Kao Resort And Spa
- Anantara Si Kao Spa
- Anantara Si Kao Resort Thailand/Sikao, Trang Province