Anantara Si Kao Resort
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
1,524 results
All reviewsbeach housekoh kradankids clubitalian restaurantemerald cavekrabi airportlow seasonsea viewprivate beachandaman seainfinity poolthai foodfamily poolper personday tripbeautiful locationnearby islands
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I stayed there in Apr 9 - 11,2013.I hiring local private car by myself return trips from Trang Airport to Hotel is 2500 THB included stopped by Trang signature grill pork and Chinese temple called "Tam-Kong-Yea" (this temple is well known by bless for child).

As my title that I felt like Army base coz of the color of this place is a dull green with brown.The room is nice (looking down to the pool and also can see the beach a little bit). The mini bar price is 5 stars with a 3.5 stars hotel.Why would I said that? I sat down by the pool looking for staff to order cocktails at least 15 mins..no one walk around...finally I have to walk over to the bar to grasp menu and made an order - -"

The beach is not swim-able a lot of nice shell and a dark sand color plus sticky...stay in the pool is better >> 2 nice pools in this place

Food...after reading a lot of reviews here,booking.com and agoda..I decided not to try a thai dish here ( most of the said foods was bad).I ate at Aqua Italian restaurant everyday...foods is good there I confirmed that...red wine was crazy price for some aussy 10 buck they charge you for 3000 THB...unbelievable BUT it's true.I end up drink red from Thai Vally it's call moon something every night with meals.

Drink...try to stop by 7-11 in the city if you like beer coz in mini bar price is 180 THB (convenient store selling for 40 THB ..see mini bar price in the pics below) Anyhow I have tried a few glass of cocktails those make fresh like mai thai/ melon punch and midori all of them were SUCK! I recommended you to order Chivas with soda / Gin Tonic and Sangria (already pre-made in the fridge and they just add fresh fruits when the order come).The juices was nice though.They must use difference people to make it.I wish the person who's mad a juice go to teach the bartender how to make a good drink!

Overall this place is FINE 3.5 stars hotel for me...I had a great dinner every nights and pizza for lunch every days >> I was happy for this city escape trip.

Do I go back? -- NO -- It's a bit pricy for the level of hotel and can't jump into the beach..BUT next time I would love to go back to Trang and stay in the Islands instead :) A lot of nice clear water on the islands near by.

Room Tip: 2nd - 3rd floor with view is nice
2  Thank 0_Gyrfalcon_0
Dylan C, General Manager at Anantara Si Kao Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Anantara Sikao Resort & Spa during early to mid April. Your comments posted through Trip Advisor are welcomed and greatly appreciated. Your constructive feedback will go a long way to helping the team here improve our services and guest experience.

I was delighted to read your positive notes on “Acqua”, our resort Italian restaurant where you enjoyed dining during your stay. Acqua has a strong reputation in the southern region of Thailand for delivering quality Italian cuisine, consistent service and a stunning setting for guests to enjoy watching the signature sunsets while dining. I hope for the chance to welcome you back to Acqua again soon!

Your positive comments for the guest rooms and our two resort pools has also been well noted. Thank you.

I have duly noted your comments for pool service, beverage quality and menu pricing. Please accept a sincere apology for the delays in service and drink quality that you experienced during your stay. Our food and beverage pool team will be working on some initiatives to improve service levels around the pool in addition to improving our beverage recipes.

Regarding beverage pricing, travelers to Thailand will understand government tax on wines are high which often pushes wine prices for the end customer to high levels when compared to prices in countries where the wines originate from. Although our pricing is in line when bench-marked against other major hotels in Krabi and Phuket, we will look into providing a more balanced variety of beverage items at lower, medium and premium price points.

Regarding beach swimming, I have recommended in a previous reply to a trip advisor reviewer that a visit to our private beach club on Kradan Island where the sand, water and surrounding area is perfectly clear and ideal for snorkeling, swimming and enjoying the tropical waters of the south.

For reference to other trip advisor readers who may be considering to visit our resort, I would like to assure you the beach, sand and water directly in front of the resort is clean, and also ideal for swimming during high tide. I am lucky enough to have the opportunity to swim at our resort beach front almost on a daily basis. First hand, I do acknowledge there are shells on the beach as a few contributors have noted in previous reviews. My inside tip for readers who like to swim is; the shells on the beach normally wash up where the waves break. Once you walk through the few meters of shore break the sand is soft under foot and the waters are warm and inviting. Our hotel is located at the beginning of 15km of untouched, undeveloped beach front which provide guests with ample locations to swim and enjoy the waters of the Andaman.

For the author of the review, please feel free to contact me if you have any further feedback to share. Should you wish to return to the resort, I am confident we can provide you with an enhanced stay experience. I can be contacted via email on dcounsel@anantara.com

Yours sincerely,

Dylan Counsel

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights with my wife a couple of weeks ago.

I was not sure what to expect, but in the end we loved every minute of it.

We had a room with an amazing view; definitely worth the extra $$, as it was truly breathtaking – from morning to evening. And the sunsets, were wow!

Highlights –

-Location/surrounds.
-The Italian restaurant (was skeptical, but it really was very good)
- Cocktails at the beach house for sunset. It had a great vibe and a good live duo
- Speed boat day trip out to Emerald Cove and the snorkeling at Koh Kradan
- Private dinner on the beach – food and service both great.

I would highly recommend spending the extra money for a room on the sea view side of the resort, and sleeping with the curtains open to wake up to the view.

Room Tip: Spend the extra $$$ on a sea view room. The views are picture postcard perfect.
2  Thank Joseph A
Reviewed April 25, 2013

This is my second time at Anatara Sikao and it was as inpressive as before. Staff and scenery are their strongest point of sale... and I'm buying it! When you wake up with a scene of Trang's islands and clear blue sky... you can't ask for more to make your holiday perfect. Keep up the great work.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 25, 2013

It was my second time visit Anantara Si Kao. I would like to Thank you Mr.Dylan Counsel (General Manager) who made my stay way more wonderful and beyond expectation! Everything was great. The room set up with Honeymoon set up and an amazing view with dot islands. Room was nice and clean, you will get a snack every afternoon and turndown service with Thai Candy and Weather forecast in a little leaf every night. Bathroom amenities are well provided. The toiletry are great scent. Anantara hotels indicated in every inches of room. They even provide different kind of lotion and soap. We tried all of restaurants and also outside. Aqua, 2nd floor, excellent foods (recommend for Pasta, you'll love it)and service staffs. The club house was one of my favorite. Would recommend for Indonesian fried rice and pizza. You can also siting down with the swing and enjoy the food. Breakfast where is also Thai restaurants. You can get everything what you need for breakfast. Also you can get local food from breakfast too! Price of food are reasonable for me while I understand that there's only one 5 star (and compare with another 5 star hotel price is cheaper) hotel and quality of food is up to the standard concern. We love the room service menu which heaps of menu from all 3 restaurants. We spend most of the day for land trip and island trip. We got private speed boat to Koh Kradan where the property own the pavilion for day trip. Good place for sunbathe and chilling plus they provide sun bed only for Anantara guest. The infinity pool was awesome for couple where children under 12 y/o are not allowed, so we had a great and quiet time. This place is recommend for couples and family and away from crowded. I will definitely come back again. Thank you Dylan again for a very wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Sea view is the best and 3rd floor.
2  Thank Nana R
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Yes, the rooms are lovely with all you could want. Clean, extremely comfortable, well maintained and in our case a sea view that is idyllic. The restaurants serve great food and the cost while high is not totally excessive. The pools, especially the infinity pool are great and the pool and garden facilities are brilliant. Of course for a 5* and the price charged this is as it should be.
It is therefore a pity that you may not swim in the sea. The reasons given by the staff were a little vague but appear to be either jellyfish or the huge numbers of broken and sharp sea sells washed up by the tide. In addition the sand is very coarse and difficult to walk on.
The staff are lovely and efficient although the poor English of most is a problem.
Difficulties which should be resolved are; 1 Charges for WIFI in the rooms (it is free in the Public Areas) Please 5* hotel with 2* WIFI? and 2 As the hotel is isolated and is not within walking distance of restaurants/shops/markets the hotel provides a shuttle bus which runs in the late afternoon and the hotel charges a small amount for its use. Charging is petty for a hotel of this standard and the bus times should be at more appropriate times.
This is a nice hotel but remember you are paying for it and it falls short of what it should be.

Room Tip: Ground floor sea view
2  Thank Waddlerstrikesback
Dylan C, General Manager at Anantara Si Kao Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

A warm greeting from Anantara Si Kao Resort and Spa. Thank you for staying with us recently and thank you for the time you took to post your comments on Trip Advisor. It is through such comments that we are able to enhance our services and the overall guest experience.

Your positive comments for friendliness of staff, cleanliness and condition of rooms, our two hotel swimming pools and tropical garden facilities have been well noted and will be shared with the team.

I have read your comments, pertaining to the English levels of staff, swimming at the beach and wifi and shuttle bus charges. Indeed, I am currently in the process of implementing and enhancing new service standards, with a special emphasis on guests’ experience, service delivery and providing more value to our guests. For swimming at the beach, I recommend a future visit to our private beach club on Kradan Island where the sand, water and surrounding area is perfect for relaxing and swimming.

Myself and the team look forward to the chance to welcome you back again for an enhanced stay experience. Please feel free to contact me directly should you wish to return to our resort, I will be happy to handle your booking personally. dcounsel@anantara.com

Yours sincerely,