“Beautiful place”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Sikao
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
“Beautiful place”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Very very beautiful place.... i love as got to went there,,, happy as choose this hotel for relax after serious with work hard..... full fill life let fresh and yes,,, i got all from this hotel..... thank you Anantara Si Kao

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Morten J, General Manager at Anantara Si Kao Resort, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear Valued Guest
Thank you very much your valuable great feedback, Your positive comments will be shared with our associates and we all hope to welcome you back again soon.
Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Bangkok
Reviewed September 17, 2012

This is my email which is sent to Anantara family recently after my wife and I had a chance to stay with Anantara Si Kao for 2 nights during our anniversary trip. I just want to share how impressive we are with Anantara Si Kao :)

'I am writing this email to express my sincere appreciation for everything you have done for me and my wife during our recent stay in Anantara Sikao.

First of all, thank you so much for room upgrading to be a very nice view-room of Sikao beach as well as a lovely and delicious anniversary cake upon arriving. Besides those, all the time we were staying, we also got highly impressive experience from your high standard of service. Essentially, please expand my sincere to your restaurant staff for a special table setting up and presenting a happy birthday cake with a song for my wife during our breakfast time. It was very warm and beautiful moment.

Truthfully, you all were the most important part of our wonderful and memorable trip.

Hope we will have a chance to stay with Anantara Sikao again.'

Thanks to Anantara Si Kao once again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest
Thank you very much your valuable feedback, we are very happy that you both enjoyed your stay here, especially your wife while celebrating her birthday. Your positive comments will be passed on to our associates and we all look very much forward to welcoming you back hopefully soon.
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Anantara Si Kao is a paradise escape. It's a unique resort where you have everything you need and more. Perfect view over the andaman sea and the ocean slaps on the shore of a perfect sand beach. I have been swimming in many great pools but this one exceeds them all. The service and staff is something quiet unique. You feel like family when getting serviced on and there is always a true smile on the menu. They have three restaurants which all are in the most high standard. We dinned at Acqua several times and one is just taken to a heavenly place with every bite and taste. The view over the ocean from this superb restaurant you most try for yourself as it can not be described with words. The resort has something out of the extraordinary with very special music they have gotten some talented artists/musicians to create especially to fit the resort and which is playing from most areas, even on the TV to enjoy in your room. And I most say, the music is really nice! Then comes the special extra treat: We could buy the unique music on 3 Eco CDs to a special promotion price to take home, and I most say this makes the resort stand out to be remembered in a very special way and makes me feel they go that extra mile for me as a guest. My family and I feel really pampered in luxury and will come back again many times for sure.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Morten J, General Manager at Anantara Si Kao Resort, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear Valued Guest
Thank you very much your valuable feedback with regards to your recent stay here with us. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay our Music and overall experience. We all look very much forward to welcoming you back hopefully soon.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Spent 1 night here this last weekend and was pleasantly surprised to find a hotel of this quality in the area.
The physical building and rooms were very pleasant, although some of the gardens could do with more work.
Did not have time to experience all the features of the resort, but visited the gym and noticed that the only bicycle did not work - needs maintenance. We walked into the spa which had a nice ambience but walked around the ponds taking pictures of the lotus flowers for about 10 mins and no once came to greet us or attend to reception.
There is construction of a new pool taking place (although not sure why they need another one as there is a large pool next to the restaurant which very few guests were using) Please note the pool construction caused no inconvenience or disturbance to us.
Breakfast was OK, you can still have any kind of eggs cooked to order, good variety of pastries and breads and they had a good variety of thai dishes which were appreciated by my thai friend traveling with me.
Overall a nice stay and would recommend and re-visit again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest
Thank you very much your feedback with regards to the gym and Spa that we have already reacted on in order to ensure we continue to improve our facilities and services. We are very happy that you plan to visit us again and look forward to welcome you back. FYI our new infinity pool will be a new additional place to enjoy the stunning views over the Andaman Sea that I am sure you will enjoy fully during your next visit.
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed September 8, 2012

This is the second time we visited this hotel chain. This property is definitely not 5 stars hotel as it claimed to be. First, the room looks old. The worst part is the bath towel. I totally agree with the previous reviewer that these towels have similar qualities as the floor mat. It is very rough, which hurts our skin. The second thing is the buffet breakfast, which offers few choices as I have never seen in any 5 stars hotel chain I visited in the past. The fruit selection offered is only watermelon. But if you asked the waitress for more choices, she might be able to help. Also, the mocktail at the pool bar tastes terrible. I ordered fruit tea, which cost 275 thb a glass. It doesn't have flavour of lime and orange as it described. This is the worst drink i had in years with super expensive price. The third is the hotel does not provide any special service even you visited the hotel during your birthday. We did not expect any of this but it seems very normal for a 5 stars hotel to offer an extra service (e.g. a small cake, etc) on your birthday. The forth is their mistakes of delivering a check out letter to our room two nights before our check out date cause they forgot we will stay with them one more night. The last thing is the hotel location. It takes more than an hour to get from trang airport to the hotel. You will definitely need to hire a car since the hotel shuttle services are not free and the price is outrageous. We use the service once to have dinner at yokyor. The price for less than 5 kms round trip costs 300 thb.

The hotel do have positive sides, which is the spa service and the sea view from our room. We choose to stay at a deluxe room on the top floor (room 318) so we get the same view with aqua (Italian restaurant).

For my next visit to Trang, I will not stay at this hotel property again unless they decide to renovate the room and the hotel facilities. Trang does have delicious foods and nice natural beauties. I would recommend others to stay one night in the city and head directly to a nicer resort on the island.

Room Tip: Get a deluxe room with sea view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest
Thank you very much for staying with us and taking your time to provide us with your valuable feedback that we will share with the team in order to constantly improve our services and facilities. It is also correct that we are not in a busy area but located more secluded on the beach of Pak Meng. With regards to our rooms we are currently upgrading these as part of our regular maintenance program and we hope that you will re-consider and give us another opportunity to welcome you to our resort.
bangkok
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Lets start at the beginning....checking in was simple and the staff were polite professional and friendly. The hotel has a kind of rustic feel, slightly unusual for a beach resort but it's lovely and creates a relaxed atmosphere. Our room was a deluxe sea view and the view from the balcony...or the room...or even in the open style bath was spectacular even when it was raining. Bathroom was excellent, well equipped and the towels were like new. A few slight scuffs on some furniture didn't make the room feel old. The pool is beautiful with jets and jacuzzi areas. Breakfast was good but we felt the range could have been better, however the quality of everything was very good.
All the staff smiled and greeted us whenever they saw us, or other guests. The GM Morten and assistant Conny were very "hands on" managers and showed genuine concern that everything was ok for us.
Unlike some reviewers I don't look for faults where there aren't any, however I do believe that restaurant and spa prices are too high...but then again I have the choice not to use those facilities.
Therefore that leaves me with just one issue....I won't pay for wifi in a hotel, and i DID raise this with the GM.
Two days was too short a stay for this great hotel and the staff deserve a big thank you for their service.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued
Guest Thank you very much your visit with us as well as your feedback, we are very happy that you have a memorable stay here with us and look very much forward to welcome you back again hopefully in the near future.
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I agree with a lots of review below that this hotel is totally not 5 stars. I think it's the worst of all Anantara. Both in term of service and facility.
The service was not bad but also not good. I suggest they should train staff to be more professional. Many times when we sit at the lobby surfing the net, the receptionist just group together for chit chat ( which is quite annoying) also when my hubby sit at the lobby and there were a new group checking-in, staff bring the welcome drink. She almost put the drink down but took it back when she realize he was not the new guest. I found this quite rude for the hotel service.
For the facility, everything is looks so very old. I think the hotel should at least change the towels, they look very shabby like they are for floor mat.
The most upset me is I'm the fitness lover, the fitness here is the worst I ever seen in any hotel, the treadmill is like the one I used 10 years ago. It is rusting, lots of tape all over. Most of the thing in fitness room is broken, phone,TV etc; ( I have to call my hubby at his cellphone asking him to find someone to come fix the TV). For 4 days I stayed, TV in the fitness room never work.
The spa is Ok, but the therapist pushing selling me the products which make me so uncomfortable to come back for the next day.

All in all, for the price of the hotel, I don't feel any luxury at all. I think the hotel need a lots of improvement for being a 5 stars.

Room Tip: There is 2 sides of the hotel, sea view and pool view. Choose the sea view.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank L0velyTravel
Dear Valued Guest
Thank you very much your feedback and for staying with us here at Anantara Si Kao. You are correct with regards to the welcome drink and this is not our usual standard, all your feedback has been shared with the team and we will work on ensuring we continue to improve and align our training accordingly. As for the comments on the fitness, we have now rectified this in order to ensure all is as per our standard and in perfect condition. I hope to, one day, be able to welcome you back again
Kind regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sikao
Layana Resort and Spa
CoCo Cottage Koh Ngai
CoCo Cottage Koh Ngai
#1 of 8 in Ko Ngai
Koh Ngai Thanya Beach Resort

Been to Anantara Si Kao Resort? Share your experiences!