Ways to Experience Jokulsarlon Lagoon
from $1,746.40
from $824.00
from $367.70
3,624 results
All reviews boat tour the black sand beach long drive across the road icebergs floating diamond beach amazing place ring road hour drive south coast both sides amazing sight out of this world huge icebergs parking lot floating ice northern lights
Reviewed November 13, 2017 via mobile

Impressive experience in the pure nature of this fantastic natural park, with waterfalls, icebergs, mountains, tracks, ice climbs and much much more to see and to do!

Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

We arrived in a snowstorm but the icebergs were awesome. It didn't encourage us to spend too long but we couldn't help taking more and more photos even though my iPhone died from the cold and my fingers were freezing. The icebergs are all different and every step reveals a different view. The low light was sensational too. The colours were amazing.
Make sure you go to the shore too. It was littered with amazingly sculptured chunks of ice and bergs floated lazily out to sea. The white and blue of the ice on the black sand was extraordinary.
Unforgettable

Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

You hardly believe your eyes. In a relatively small lagoon that borders the Geltsjer and meets the ocean on the other side, huge gigantic ice rocks in every colour of Blue and Black greet you. The special boat that take you into the water is great.
In half an hour ( and yes it is cold) you get all the info you want about the 3rd biggest gletsjer in the world, about icebergs and about one of the producers of one of the James Bond films ( a view to a kill) who
‘Simply’ closed the lagoon off of the ocean waited till it froze and planned a scène of pursuit. Nowadays no smoking guns but we did see a seal floating peacefully in the lagoon between the ICE blocks that take 90 years to enter the lagoon

1  Thank remi v
Reviewed November 9, 2017

Thor, our Zodiac captain, was HYSTERICAL and so kind. Travelling with a senior citizen who has a minor challenge with walking, Thor was kind and patient during our walk to the Zodiac boat. He had us laughing the whole tour and you could tell he loved his job. Definitely book in advance and TIP YOUR CAPTAIN! He's the one who is responsible for saving you if you fall into the lagoon, but don't worry, that's not likely. Unless you're more interested in taking selfies than caring for your personal well-being. Thor made our trip! Thank you!

Tip: If you want a more personal, up close tour, opt for the Zodiac tour! Worth it!

Reviewed November 9, 2017

This place is beyond words. It is very other worldly and definitely worth the drive! We took an overnight tour from Grayline tours (not the best, but not the worst either) and stayed in a bed and breakfast hotel 10 mins drive from the Lagoon.
When I first saw the Lagoon, I thought I have finally felt what Iceland was to me. The floating iceburgs in various shades of blue, white and black sitting majestically in a sea of ever changing design.

There is a large parking lot and a cafe/souvenir shop. There is also a Zodiac type boat trip in during the summer months. I went in early Oct so they were just wrapping up the season for those trips. I was busy taking pictures of the Lagoon at every angle I could, so I didn't partake. There is easy access from the parking lot to the Lagoon. There is a steep hill to climb if you want panoramic photos. And if you walk a few minutes underneath the road and bridge you will reach with ease Diamond Beach.

If you are driving yourself, staying a couple of nights or more is an even better way to experience this wonderful place!