Ways to Experience Jokulsarlon Lagoon
from $1,746.40
from $824.00
from $367.70
3,624 results
All reviews boat tour the black sand beach long drive across the road icebergs floating diamond beach amazing place ring road hour drive south coast both sides amazing sight out of this world huge icebergs parking lot floating ice northern lights
Reviewed November 9, 2017

This place is beyond words. It is very other worldly and definitely worth the drive! We took an overnight tour from Grayline tours (not the best, but not the worst either) and stayed in a bed and breakfast hotel 10 mins drive from the Lagoon.
When I first saw the Lagoon, I thought I have finally felt what Iceland was to me. The floating iceburgs in various shades of blue, white and black sitting majestically in a sea of ever changing design.

There is a large parking lot and a cafe/souvenir shop. There is also a Zodiac type boat trip in during the summer months. I went in early Oct so they were just wrapping up the season for those trips. I was busy taking pictures of the Lagoon at every angle I could, so I didn't partake. There is easy access from the parking lot to the Lagoon. There is a steep hill to climb if you want panoramic photos. And if you walk a few minutes underneath the road and bridge you will reach with ease Diamond Beach.

If you are driving yourself, staying a couple of nights or more is an even better way to experience this wonderful place!

Reviewed November 9, 2017

Most people visit the golden circle when visiting Iceland. But if they take more time and drive the southern ring rd to Jokulsarlon Lagoon they will get to see many great sites along the way. And the Glacier icebergs in the lagoon and on the beach are spectacular to see. It really is a magical place.

Reviewed November 8, 2017 via mobile

This was my favorite place in Iceland during my 11 days road trip along the ring road. It was out of the world. Felt like I was in a dream. So serene and beautiful with the setting sun... didn't want to leave....

1  Thank ChloeW2212
Reviewed November 8, 2017 via mobile

Just go go go. It shocks you with the big size ice floating,the overall view and Grandeur. The awesome colors spread all around will let you forget everything else... take a boat ride for sure...

Reviewed November 8, 2017

Go to the lagoon by the bridge.
Visit both the Oceanside as well as lagoon side.
Make sure your batteries are fully charged, and lots of memory space.

We visited twice. One sunny day and one cloudy day, pictures turned out completely different, both spectacular.
The fish chowder at the booth is good.

Do not miss this place especially if you are a photographer.