“Pizza and a Beer”

Brasserie les Marmottons
Ranked #16 of 22 Restaurants in Argentiere
Description: Welcome to "Les Marmottons" ! The meeting point for skiers ! Come and taste our delicious dishes !
Reviewed January 25, 2019

Just called in for a quick bite to eat this lunchtime. Very nice Pizza between two. Waiter was friendly. No complaints

Date of visit: January 2019

Reviewed December 30, 2018 via mobile

Seriously unprofessional. Their lousy team had me seated twice at different tables inside the restaurant during rush hour. Twice they asked me if I was there for lunch, and twice I responded I was just there for drinks. In both instances it was clearly confirmed as OK. We sat, they took our order and five minutes later the so-called manager waltzed in there and said no that he had to seat us somewhere else once more because he only takes lunch. So he offered to walk us to another table. He literally wanted to have us seat outside after I had been seated for minutes with my order taken, I told him no way. Then he said no deal and we just walked away. See that’s the problem with monopoly, people think you will just accept whatever. We crossed the slope, literally 30 meters away there is an other place with equal food better service and pleasant staff so do yourself a favor and avoid this spot unless you like to be treated like crap. Sometimes you seriously wonder who is the customer. PS: I’m French so there was nothing lost in translation. Seriously hope folks who don’t speak French were not subjected to this poor service.

Date of visit: December 2018
1  Thank NGGAtlanta
Reviewed August 7, 2018

Good atmosphere. Worth a visit after ski-ing back to the chalet. Very friendly local family run bistro/bar/restaurant.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed March 6, 2018 via mobile

I am not sure about the restaurant, but for crêpe, I can not recommend at all this place, 5€ for “something” that looks a bit better compare to the first plate I have returned. It was disgusting with about half the pot of chocolate, much more than what you can see on the picture. This one, has same quantity of chocolate inside than outside... disgusting...

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed February 24, 2018 via mobile

Reserved an indoor table, they tried to put us right next to an open door. When we asked if there was anywhere else, waiter responded ‘see you, Bye, thanks’ ie please leave. I was gobsmacked at his rudeness to a perfectly pleasantly delivered request plus the restaurant was practically empty at this point & we reserved a table at 9am that morning. We are regular visitors to valley, this restaurant is close to ski schools- no brainer for the ease? I’ll never come here again & I’d been in here a lot over the years, yes the service is slow, food comes in drinks & drabs, tables are small & tightly packed - you often end up with someone dipping something if your lunch - this week someone’s long hair in my husband pizza & a blokes bum in my salad this time ( yes the tables are that close!) tbh that’s part of skiing. But when you bother to reserve a table The point is to keep kids warm while eating. Save yourself the bother & go to the Argentero across the piste, bit more expensive but staff are far more pleasant!!

Date of visit: February 2018