“Business trip with a touch of home”

Meriton Suites George Street, Parramatta
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Parramatta
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Spent 2 nights at the Meriton Serviced Apartments at Parramatta in a 1 bedroom apartment. The apartments were very clean and well appointed with cooking utensils, crockery and cutlery. The rooms were also spacious which allowed for relaxing evenings, and a balcony on which to sit and watch the world go by. Staff were also friendly and extremely helpful, going out of their way to check that everything was OK. Would definitely recommend this place to anyone and will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
MSAParramatta, Manager at Meriton Suites George Street, Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear Tim S,

Thank you for the 5 star review.

It certainly looks like you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and took full use of all the exciting services we provide! As you kindly mentioned, Meriton Serviced Apartment offers guests over sized, well appointed, modern apartments in a fantastic location next to Parramatta river.

I am delighted the Staff went out of the way to make sure everything was great.We are always striving as a Team to give our Guests a memorable stay.

Tim S, thank you once again for your glowing five star review. The team and I look forward to your next return to Sydney!

Kind Regards

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,230)

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Meriton Serviced Apartments in Parramatta is a gem - service at reception was warm and helpful. The apartment was spacious, pristine in its cleanliness, well appointed and had everything one needed.
My only regret was that I hadn't discovered this option before - I certainly recommend it to anyone who wishes to stay in Parramatta - easy walking distance to shops and restaurants, undercover parking and best of all, very quiet at night.
Wonderful!

Room Tip: The undercover parking entry is easy to miss

Dear JanL4,

Thank you for choosing to stay with Meriton Serviced Apartments.

I appreciate your feedback and was pleased to read that you enjoyed our well-appointed apartments. Our Reception Team are continually striving to exceed our Guests needs. I have shared you kind words with the team and they are grateful to hear your feedback.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back to Meriton Serviced Apartments Parramatta in the near future. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

The 2 bedroom apartment was spacious and had a terrific outlook. It is a short walk to Greta restaurants, shopping and transport. Unfortunately, we had a party celebrating upstairs until about 3 am but otherwise, our stay was pleasant.

Room Tip: Ask for an apartment looking towards the city
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
MSAParramatta, Manager at Meriton Suites George Street, Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Dear 2bshaw

Thank you for your review.

It is fabulous that you found our 2 Bedroom apartments Spacious and with a terrific outlook .As you have mentioned we are only a short walk to the restaurants, shops and transport.

We do have a No Party Policy, which our Staff and Security is to enforce. Unfortunately it appears that they have not followed the correct procedure when dealing with a noise complaint that night. I have taken this up with the Security Company and the Front Desk Staff to ensure that there is not a re-occurrence of this type of incident.

2bshaw, thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regard

Reviewed May 20, 2013

One of the friendliest places I have stayed in. Rooms were very spacious and so well appointed.would highly recommend it and will use again
Congratulations to all on your client service I was most impressed

• Stayed: May 2013
Parramatta M, Manager at Meriton Suites George Street, Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Cathie,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your wonderful feedback. We appreciate when guests take the time to let us know about how their stay was and our team was very pleased to read of your experience at the Meriton Parramatta.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Meriton Parramatta.

Birender C
Senior Duty Manager

Reviewed May 17, 2013

We stay at the Meriton in Parramatta all the time and it is well located to our business Rydalmere. It is close to everything locally including supermarkets and restaurants. The Riverside Central looking out over the river is a great place for breakfast or coffee. The staff at the Meriton are always friendly and look after us. In particular, Viren, Katie, Ivan and all the team. Keep up the good work.

Dear Peter,

Thank you for choosing Meriton Parramatta we are very pleased to read that you found our apartments and our location well suited to your needs. We are located on banks of Parramatta River and the Parramatta Ferry wharf is located adjacent to our building with a range of café’s located on the banks offering a variety of dining options.

The team is very excited to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and your positive feedback on the team is very much appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Birender C
Senior Duty Manager

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I have never been disappointed by my stay in Meriton whilst in Sydney and this was no exception.

I stayed in one bedroom apartment- single level and it was *huge*. The balcony was pretty big too with a seating capacity of 4 people. It was east facing and gave amazing views of sunrise. (See the image).
The house keeping staff was very meticulous in service even if you mess things pretty bad :-)

Its around 5-10 mins of walk from church street and westfield and just next to the river where you can catch a ferry to CBD.

Loved my 2 weeks stay there and looking forward to going back there next week (for another business trip) .

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
MSAParramatta, Manager at Meriton Suites George Street, Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear Ridhav,

Its always a pleasure to read such a positive review from a senior review and appreciate the 5-star rating!

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us . As you mentioned the apartments at Meriton Parramatta are very spacious.

What a great picture you have shared it would have been glorious and great way to wake up in the morning and watch the sun rising over the city of Sydney.

Thank you for your great feedback regarding our Housekeeping Team, the Housekeeping Team at Meriton Parramatta thrives on positive comments and I can assure you they enjoyed reading your comment.

Ridhav, thank you again for sharing your experience about your recent stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to Meriton Serviced Apartments Parramatta next week .

Kind regards

Reviewed May 13, 2013

This was my 2nd stay.The rooms are nice and clean but early checkouts are not accommodated for. I was leavingat 6am and the only person who was at the reception was the security guard who was sitting down listening to his iPod. As I had my car parked in the lot below I needed someone to let me down the list as I wouldnt have my room key any longer. I spoke with the security guard and told him that I would be getting something from my room and that I would be back in less than 5 minutes. He said he would stay there and let the lift down to the carpark. I arrived back to the reception in less than 3 minutes to find him gone and the reception lights off. I rang the security number twice and there was no answer both times. In the end I had to take my room key so I coul let myself out and post it back to Meriton apartments. This also resulted in a $25.00 on my credit card. I really think the early checkout needs to be revised as it was quite stressful and downright frustrating. I spend every other week away for work all over the country and this is a necessity. Also, in respect to the check in. I arrived to the Meriton apartments to check in around 7:30pm. I had been at work from around 5:00am that same morning. The check in line was 8 people deep and there were only 2 staff to take care of this!! The check in experience took more than 20 minutes. All in all the Meriton Apartments are a good place to stay however the check in and check out experience have put me off staying there again.Its a very basicpart of travel and should be smooth.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
MSAParramatta, Manager at Meriton Suites George Street, Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Dear Jason S,

Thank you for taking your time and providing feedback on tripadvisor. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

I am happy to read that the room was “nice and clean”, our team aims for excellence in providing high standard of cleanliness.

Let me firstly offer my apologies for the way your early departure was handled, especially not being able to get in contact with our Security Guard, after advising him that you will be back in a couple of minutes to checkout. I have passed your feedback to the Security Manager in regards to leaving the desk unattended when a guest is coming back to check out and listening to his iPod. Let me reassure you that this will not happen again.

As part of our continuous commitment to improving the services we provide we now provide staffing on our reception desk 24 hours to better meet the needs of our guests.

I would like to apologise for the amount of time you had to wait for check in, and only having 2 staff on. It is always our intention to give the best quality service in the best possible time, I apologise this was not the case at the time of your check in.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Meriton Serviced Apartments Parramatta.