“Modern, clean, quiet and exactly what we needed”

Meriton Serviced Apartments George Street, Parramatta
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Parramatta
Istanbul, Turkey
“Modern, clean, quiet and exactly what we needed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

I was impressed with the Meriton Apartments in Parramatta. Apartments are modern and clean and have all the necessary luxuries to create an enjoyable stay. Other pluses for the apartments is that is located close to a number of cafes (I recommend Food Sensations close by for lunch or breakfast), close to the bus-stop for a free Parramatta shuttle bus that takes you to the train station and close to Westfield Shopping Mall and close also to the ferry terminal for the riverboat to Circular Quay. If you're going into the city - taking the river boat either to the city or back to the apartments is a must. The train is also a $6.60 return from Parramatta to the city which I thought was very reasonable. Transfer in both cases are just over 1 hour. Walkuing to Church street (the main restaurant strip) takes about 5 minutes. The one thing I was disappointed in was that you had to pay for wifi and the quality was not great. $5 for one hour, $18 for 24 hours or another package for 3 days. Other hotels I have stayed in internationally offer wifi free. But all in all it was a very comfortable stay. Taxis from the airport to here are between $80 - $100 (depending on time and traffic). Airport shuttles are available which the Meriton can book for you. Otherwise a one-way train to/from airport / Parramatta (changing in central station) was about $17 (as of Dec 2012). I would recommend this apartment for people wishing to stay in Parramatta.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Parramatta M, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments George Street, Parramatta, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Leeann_n_Kathy,

Five star review from a senior contributor, that’s something we are very proud of, thanks! Great to hear you enjoyed the luxuries that all Meriton Apartments have to offer.

As you noted, we are in a very convenience location and is certainly very central and close to all amenities such as the Rivercat which is right at our door steps. The public transport meets all budgets to get you anywhere you what to go. As you added in your review we are centrally located next to a wide variety of the very best Parramatta has to offer in restaurants. We do also offer room service from local restaurant/café to meet all our guest taste buds.

As a way of showing our appreciation to our guest. As of 1st January 2013, Meriton Serviced Apartments are introducing FREE wifi internet for our guests who choose to stay with us. You will find that not many hotels in Sydney provide FREE wifi.

Thanks for the positive comments about the service you received, the staffs at Meriton Serviced Apartments Parramatta strive to provide the highest level of service possible and it is fantastic to see that you were happy with the service provided.

Again, Thank you very much for your review, I hope to welcome you back to Meriton Serviced Apartments Parramatta soon!

Meriton Serviced Apartments Parramatta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (442)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
perth western australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

We started out on a great footing...I was looking for a small apartment that we weren't necessarily going to spend a lot of time out as were visiting the Parramatta area for a week of watching girls cricket. But I did want something very clean, comfortable, modern and well located. My negotiation of the room and rate with the lady I contacted at Meriton was fantastic - she offered various suggestions and got us a small rate reduction. I booked straight away and the whole booking process was informative, quick and extremely efficient - almost immediately i paid by direct debit and was given an email with my confirmation of booking and all the relevant information including what was supplied in terms of room amenities and also servicing of the apartment. What I loved was the cross between being a serviced apartment and a hotel - if we needed things whilst we were there there was always someone to ask; also instead of just a once a week service of the apartment, every day there was a 'quick tidy' service which replaced towels; made beds; etc. Then bi-weekly you have a full cleaning service - perfect. We ended up arriving in Sydney much earlier than expected so instead of checking in after 2pm I rang at 8.30am to see if we could get in a bit earlier - they explained fully that they could accommodate us straight away and we would still get our 1 bedroom riverview apartment, but warned the only one available was next to lifts. We decided to go ahead, and to be honest never heard any noise and was only a lift servicing 4 floors on one side of a large block so wasn't an issue. They also have an express check out service which was easy and great as we had to leave the apartment for airport at 5am. OUr apartment was spacious, modern and very clean with nice river view and small balcony (did think a couple of chairs and an occasional table here might be nice?). The lounge area had a huge balcony overlooking the internal lawns/bbq area with a big table & chairs on it. All room amenities were fantastic and the bedding & towels extremely comfortable. A dryer and washing machine in a compact laundry were very handy. My son loved the gym & pool combination but on a hot day outside, unless you are in the pool it is very very warm and overbearing in the actual pool area supervising kids.

Room Tip: worth getting riverview and the ferry just below is well worth a picturesque & relaxing trip int...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear reedys4,

Thank you for taking your time in providing your experiences with fellow travelers.

It is wonderful to hear you and your family had a great experience from the reservation booking process to check out at reception. Thanks for the positive comments about the service you received, the staff at Meriton strive to provide the highest level of service possible and it is fantastic to see that you were happy with the service provided.

I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay and you were pleased with the modern, spacious serviced apartment. On a hot day there is nothing like having a swim in our 20 meter pool to cool down or just relax in the spa.

Reedys4 thank you for providing us and other travelers with your great feedback, I look forward to welcoming you back to Meriton Serviced Apartments Parramatta on your next return to Sydney!

Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

Meriton units are all the same. You know what you are going to get. Plenty of space, clean, friendly helpful staff, good location, easy parking, everything works, good price.

We even got a pet rodent on the balcony of the river view room. But do not let this put you off because if you are near a river you will have rodents. They do not eat much. I like Wind in the Willows. Just remember to shut the door at night.

The negative, the bed is too soft, but this is subjective.

The staff on the nights of Wednesday 4 and Thursday 5 April were excellent so I hope that the owner reads this and congratulates them. I also hope that he provides some harder beds.

We will go back, good quality cheap accommodation is Sydney is rare. but I could not stay for long because of the bed. We did not stay in the Meriton at Southport where there is more competition because of the bed.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DavidMcDonald
Dear DavidMcdonald,

Thank you for providing feedback from your stay at Meriton Parramatta earlier this year.

As you mentioned, our oversize apartments provide guests with great value for money and more of a 'home away from home' experience whether it be if you stay for 2 nights (like yourself) or longer.

Subjective criticism can sometimes be the best criticism. It gives us an idea on what guests are thinking, but who do not always provide feedback. From my experience, bedding comfort does vary from one individual to another. In the past where possible, our housekeeping team have made arrangements to ensure our guests are comfortable. I would hope that given the chance, reporting this would have made a difference to your last stay.

Located on the banks of the Parramatta river, local flora and fauna are one of the many attractions that are right at our doorstep. Regular inspection programs do ensure any unwelcome 'pets' are kept at bay.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area and I trust you will find our current front office team just as friendly and helpful as in the past.

Byron Bay, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights over a weekend period. This property is modern and does have all the mod cons. However we did have a few issues the first one that we were assured when booking that the glass sliding doors did lock with a 'key' so that they were 'child proof'. On arrival into our one bedroom 11 story apartment this was not the case. We had in tow with us our 2 year old toddler who is very busy and insistant on going outside onto the small balcony.

The main concern was the state of the tiled floor. On arrival we kicked our shoes off and within an hour of walking around on this floor it looked like we had been walking barefoot all day on tar. Our feet were filthy and we then decided we would keep our shoes on from then on. The shower also looked like it could do with a good whack of mould killer also.

It is in a convenient location, a short walk to the main area of George street, and about a 10-15 min walk into Westfield Parramatta. The RiverCat is also right behind the hotel.

Other than the above mention issues it was ok to stay at but I really think they could lift their cleaning standards.

Room Tip: Request a high room. That way you are well above the noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Parramatta M, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments George Street, Parramatta, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear leisa75,

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with us. I was concerned to read your comments, as they are certainly not consistent with the other feedback we have received.

Our Housekeeping Department is often commended for their standards of cleanliness, it seems on this occasion that our standards have been overlooked. I assure you that this matter will be taken up with the relevant persons for further investigation.

I do apologise about the information in regarding to the balcony doors unfortunately our balcony sliding doors are not key locks. I do certainly understand your frustration.

As you kindly noted, we are in a very convenience location and is certainly very central and close to all amenities such as the Rivercat which is right at our door steps.

leisa75, I would like to thank you once again for your feedback and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Regards,

Cairns, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

The staff on site were terrible. My wife and 2 children were refused entry initially until I negotiated with the staff to get them in without me there, we were also informed that we could have a late check out (2pm) and then rung on the check out date at 11.15am to say why haven't you checked out. It was inferred that I was a liar when I tryed to sort out the issue, which resulted in a 1pm departure leaving my wife and kids (1 and 3) to roam around Parramatta for 2 hours waiting for our taxi to arrive. Not impressed. I do have to say that the apartments were in good condition, but the staff ruined it for us.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Mark R
Parramatta M, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments George Street, Parramatta, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear Mark R,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am delighted to read that you found our apartment in good condition. We are continuing to maintain our apartment and often update appliances including furniture.

Naturally, I was very concerned to read your comments in regarding to our staff as they are certainly not consistent with the other reviews we have received. Please accept my apologise for any miscommunication during booking process as we do not have any records for late check out request. I am saddened to read that you were not offered to use our luggage room storage facility on your departure. This facility is available for guests at no cost.

Regards,

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

I have been staying in this apartment for few times..I loved it because I have the washing machine, dryer..spacious place where my co-worker can join me to have dinner together...

Its a very nice place to stay...a very peaceful and quiet place...I have stayed in the unit where it faces the river...i feel the peaceful feeling...

The wharf is just back of the apartment...especially for those first time to Sydney...you may want to catch a ferry down to the city..the train might not be very easy for the first time :)
the rivercat will bring you down to the city...you will able to catch a good view of the Darling Habour Bridge and also Sydney Opera House :)

And if you like to go to Taroga Zoo...it is so much easier by just stepping out from Rivercat and jump into the next ferry to the Zoo...

The train station to the apartment takes a few minutes walk..about 10-15 minutes walk...

It can be very quiet during weekend staying at Meriton apartment but it can be a very good stay with family...

I would love to stay here again in future...

Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Kylie N, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments George Street, Parramatta, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear Lil_Dec_25,

Thank you for choosing to stay with Meriton Serviced Apartments Parramatta and providing us with such a amazing review.

It is great to hear that you have enjoyed your stay at Meriton Parramatta.I was pleased to read your comments regarding the peaceful feel you experienced in our river view apartment and that enjoyed your dinner with your Co-worker in our spacious apartments.

As you mentioned in your review, Meriton Serviced Apartments Parramatta offers over sized, fully equipped apartments. Its great to read that you were able to make use of the appliances and to hear you took full advantage of the ferry cat located behind our Apartments which is only a short stroll away.

Thank you once again for your time and feedback. We look forward to your return!

Kind Regards
KN
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed in the 2 bedroom apartment with my family. The apartment was nice and clean (modern and well equiped), Very comfortable and quiet. Friendly staff. This is my second experience and not doubt not the last.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Kylie N, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments George Street, Parramatta, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear KCSunshine_11,

Thank you for your review of our apartment. I am pleased to note we had met all your expectations. We do maintain and regularly update our facilities to ensure guest’s expectations are met.

Thank you for your kind words in regarding ‘Friendly Staff’. I have shared your comments with the team; it is always pleasing to receiving praise for great service!

Once again thank you for your review and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

KN