“Shame about the bed”

Meriton Suites George Street, Parramatta
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Parramatta
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Meriton units are all the same. You know what you are going to get. Plenty of space, clean, friendly helpful staff, good location, easy parking, everything works, good price.

We even got a pet rodent on the balcony of the river view room. But do not let this put you off because if you are near a river you will have rodents. They do not eat much. I like Wind in the Willows. Just remember to shut the door at night.

The negative, the bed is too soft, but this is subjective.

The staff on the nights of Wednesday 4 and Thursday 5 April were excellent so I hope that the owner reads this and congratulates them. I also hope that he provides some harder beds.

We will go back, good quality cheap accommodation is Sydney is rare. but I could not stay for long because of the bed. We did not stay in the Meriton at Southport where there is more competition because of the bed.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DavidMcDonald
Parramatta M, Manager at Meriton Suites George Street, Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Dear DavidMcdonald,

Thank you for providing feedback from your stay at Meriton Parramatta earlier this year.

As you mentioned, our oversize apartments provide guests with great value for money and more of a 'home away from home' experience whether it be if you stay for 2 nights (like yourself) or longer.

Subjective criticism can sometimes be the best criticism. It gives us an idea on what guests are thinking, but who do not always provide feedback. From my experience, bedding comfort does vary from one individual to another. In the past where possible, our housekeeping team have made arrangements to ensure our guests are comfortable. I would hope that given the chance, reporting this would have made a difference to your last stay.

Located on the banks of the Parramatta river, local flora and fauna are one of the many attractions that are right at our doorstep. Regular inspection programs do ensure any unwelcome 'pets' are kept at bay.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area and I trust you will find our current front office team just as friendly and helpful as in the past.

Meriton Serviced Apartments Parramatta

Write a ReviewReviews (2,164)

Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights over a weekend period. This property is modern and does have all the mod cons. However we did have a few issues the first one that we were assured when booking that the glass sliding doors did lock with a 'key' so that they were 'child proof'. On arrival into our one bedroom 11 story apartment this was not the case. We had in tow with us our 2 year old toddler who is very busy and insistant on going outside onto the small balcony.

The main concern was the state of the tiled floor. On arrival we kicked our shoes off and within an hour of walking around on this floor it looked like we had been walking barefoot all day on tar. Our feet were filthy and we then decided we would keep our shoes on from then on. The shower also looked like it could do with a good whack of mould killer also.

It is in a convenient location, a short walk to the main area of George street, and about a 10-15 min walk into Westfield Parramatta. The RiverCat is also right behind the hotel.

Other than the above mention issues it was ok to stay at but I really think they could lift their cleaning standards.

Room Tip: Request a high room. That way you are well above the noise.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Parramatta M, Manager at Meriton Suites George Street, Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Dear leisa75,

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with us. I was concerned to read your comments, as they are certainly not consistent with the other feedback we have received.

Our Housekeeping Department is often commended for their standards of cleanliness, it seems on this occasion that our standards have been overlooked. I assure you that this matter will be taken up with the relevant persons for further investigation.

I do apologise about the information in regarding to the balcony doors unfortunately our balcony sliding doors are not key locks. I do certainly understand your frustration.

As you kindly noted, we are in a very convenience location and is certainly very central and close to all amenities such as the Rivercat which is right at our door steps.

leisa75, I would like to thank you once again for your feedback and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

The staff on site were terrible. My wife and 2 children were refused entry initially until I negotiated with the staff to get them in without me there, we were also informed that we could have a late check out (2pm) and then rung on the check out date at 11.15am to say why haven't you checked out. It was inferred that I was a liar when I tryed to sort out the issue, which resulted in a 1pm departure leaving my wife and kids (1 and 3) to roam around Parramatta for 2 hours waiting for our taxi to arrive. Not impressed. I do have to say that the apartments were in good condition, but the staff ruined it for us.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Mark R
Parramatta M, Manager at Meriton Suites George Street, Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Dear Mark R,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am delighted to read that you found our apartment in good condition. We are continuing to maintain our apartment and often update appliances including furniture.

Naturally, I was very concerned to read your comments in regarding to our staff as they are certainly not consistent with the other reviews we have received. Please accept my apologise for any miscommunication during booking process as we do not have any records for late check out request. I am saddened to read that you were not offered to use our luggage room storage facility on your departure. This facility is available for guests at no cost.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

I have been staying in this apartment for few times..I loved it because I have the washing machine, dryer..spacious place where my co-worker can join me to have dinner together...

Its a very nice place to stay...a very peaceful and quiet place...I have stayed in the unit where it faces the river...i feel the peaceful feeling...

The wharf is just back of the apartment...especially for those first time to Sydney...you may want to catch a ferry down to the city..the train might not be very easy for the first time :)
the rivercat will bring you down to the city...you will able to catch a good view of the Darling Habour Bridge and also Sydney Opera House :)

And if you like to go to Taroga Zoo...it is so much easier by just stepping out from Rivercat and jump into the next ferry to the Zoo...

The train station to the apartment takes a few minutes walk..about 10-15 minutes walk...

It can be very quiet during weekend staying at Meriton apartment but it can be a very good stay with family...

I would love to stay here again in future...

Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Kylie N, Manager at Meriton Suites George Street, Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear Lil_Dec_25,

Thank you for choosing to stay with Meriton Serviced Apartments Parramatta and providing us with such a amazing review.

It is great to hear that you have enjoyed your stay at Meriton Parramatta.I was pleased to read your comments regarding the peaceful feel you experienced in our river view apartment and that enjoyed your dinner with your Co-worker in our spacious apartments.

As you mentioned in your review, Meriton Serviced Apartments Parramatta offers over sized, fully equipped apartments. Its great to read that you were able to make use of the appliances and to hear you took full advantage of the ferry cat located behind our Apartments which is only a short stroll away.

Thank you once again for your time and feedback. We look forward to your return!

Kind Regards

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed in the 2 bedroom apartment with my family. The apartment was nice and clean (modern and well equiped), Very comfortable and quiet. Friendly staff. This is my second experience and not doubt not the last.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Kylie N, Manager at Meriton Suites George Street, Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Dear KCSunshine_11,

Thank you for your review of our apartment. I am pleased to note we had met all your expectations. We do maintain and regularly update our facilities to ensure guest’s expectations are met.

Thank you for your kind words in regarding ‘Friendly Staff’. I have shared your comments with the team; it is always pleasing to receiving praise for great service!

Once again thank you for your review and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great location, large split level apartments with bedroom and washing machine and dryer. Great kitchen and living area and very reasonably priced with underground parking at the door. Rooms very clean and service was fine.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear mjc2012_12,

Thank you for visiting Meriton Serviced Apartments Parramatta. It’s great to read that you were able to make use of our appliances and enjoy our split level apartment. You certainly don’t get that from normal hotel room.

We appreciate your review and look forward to welcoming you back to Meriton Serviced Apartments Parrmatta.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

simple online booking process
easy checkin & checkout
good handy location
neat & clean apartment but dont expect good service, its actually kind of unserviced apartment

poor value for money and poor service

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank isoly2
Kylie N, Manager at Meriton Suites George Street, Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Dear isoly2,

Thank you for your great comment in regarding to our friendly online booking system, cleanliness of our apartment and other facilities.

I was disappointed to read your comments about the lack of service during your stay. Guest comfort and satisfaction is important to us. Should you wish to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact us at tripadvisor@meriton.net.au. And your comments will be addressed accordingly to ensure our high standards are always met.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.