“Beautifully appointed rooms”

Meriton Serviced Apartments George Street, Parramatta
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Parramatta
“Beautifully appointed rooms”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

We love staying at the Meriton Parramatta. The rooms are very spacious and it seems there is always king-sized beds. The rooms are very modern and the decore is restful. The front counter staff were very helpful even though we ended up checking in later than expected. We are currently staying in room #331 and it has the hugest rooms we have ever come across. It has views of the river and is close to restaurants, etc. We have stayed here before and prefer to stay here when we come to Parramatta. The price is very acceptable considering the quality we are receiving. Thanks to everyone who make our stays here so peaceful and refreshing!

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
MSA-MGT, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments George Street, Parramatta, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
Dear Leone S,

Thank you for your fabulous review! It is always rewarding to receive such great feedback from a loyal, return guest such as yourself.

I am delighted that once again you are enjoying your stay with us. I will ensure that all of the team here read your positive comments and we look forward to the next time we have opportunity to welcome you back to Meriton Serviced Apartments Parramatta.

Meriton Serviced Apartments Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (442)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

I checked in here with my partner and another couple in December 2011. We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment for the first night and notice that it was a little 'over-used'. A lot of the young locals stay here for when they go clubbing and use the place for a party venue so it was completely understandable when the room was a little stained (the carpet and couch from alcohol). We mentioned it to the staff and they noted the problem down. It didn't bother us at all as we aren't the complaining type and only mentioned the issue to staff in case they thought we caused the stains. That night we went to bed late and I found in my room that there was blood on the sheets. I did not want to bother the staff at 1am so I shared the other bed until morning. We brought up the issue to management and they immediately upgraded us to a 2 bedroom city view apartment which is 3 levels with a courtyard and is amazing! We gratefully appreciated all the help the manager did for us! I always stay at the Merition in Sydney and this was the only time we had any complaints - just a bit of bad luck I think :) Definitely would recommend the Meriton Parramatta for a local stay and I can't stress enough that if you EXPLAIN your problem to management, and not yell at them, they will be more than glad to help! Thank you Meriton, I will keep coming back because your prices are so reasonable!

Room Tip: Stay in the City View 2 Bedroom Apartment!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Tania W,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay from back in December 2011. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay, however I would like to apologise for the issues you encountered.

We do have a strict 'no party' policy here at Meriton Serviced Apartments Parramatta and 24 hour security staff to monitor this. We encourage our guests to contact reception or security if they are being disturbed by other guests, so we can immediately address the situation.

I was concerned to read your comments on certain cleaning aspects in your apartment, this is certainly well below our minimum standard and sincerely apologise for this. Ultimately I am very pleased that although you did experience some issues during you stay, our staff were able to assist you and turn your experience into a positive one.

Thank you again for your review and recommendation, we do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

We stayed at the Meriton Parramatta for 3 nights in a 2 bedroom apartment in July 2012 to attend a function at the Sydney Olympic Park. The booking process was very easy - online on the Hotel's booking portal myrez.com. ensured the best rates online.

We were four adults travelling with an infant each (total six) and the size of the Queen beds WELL accomodates two adults and an infant / child. The apartment itself was very spacious and very clean. Every detail was attended to, down to dishwash liquid, laundry liquid, cutlery, appliances, etc NOTHING WAS MISSING! A fully functional kitchenette allowed us to prepare hearty breakfasts before heading out each morning.The airconditioners worked absolutely fine keeping us warm in the cold Aussie Winter. The apartment was serviced daily and meticulously attended to. The furniture, bedding, bathrooms etc were all very clean. Sheets, towels, hand towels, etc all fresh, NO stains etc. We were up and out very early each morning so cannot comment on Pool / Gym facilities however many other guests looked happy with these amenities.

Transport - I wish we were made aware of the Ferry Service that runs just behind the Hotel however A FREE PARRAMATTA SHUTTLE SERVICE from the Train Station ensures a drop right to the doorstep of the Hotel reception. When travelling with luggage though, a scenic, relaxed and convenient option is the Ferry service running to Circular Quay. Westfields Shopping Centre / Parramatta Station is a short 10 minute walk away however again, the Ferry or the Free Shuttle Bus if you have a lot of luggage.

We checked out at 7.30 am and the Hotel Staff were courteous and helped us store our luggage till 2pm. NO TRAVEL ADAPTORS available so please make your own arrangements beforehand. Otherwise a very satisfying stay at the Meriton Parramatta!

Room Tip: Try secure rooms close to the Ferry service (Block C or D) or close to the road (Block B) depending...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Lavin L
MSA-MGT, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments George Street, Parramatta, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Dear Lavin L,

Thank you very much for your lovely feedback! We're glad you and your family had a great stay, and enjoyed the beautiful apartments and our superb location. The Meriton Serviced Apartments are indeed well equipped and designed for living, offering all the comforts of home.

Once again, we thank you for choosing to stay with us and look forward to welcoming you again soon at any of our 10 locations.

Mackay, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

I came across very good review on Tripadvisor hence booked two bedroom apartment here in June. I was totally disappointed. I think there are so many apartments here that the management can not manage it. Very rude reception staff especially if you are cheeking in late. It was very cold in Sydney during my stay. The ACs were not working. Next day when I called the housekeeping staff I had hard time convincing them that ACs are faulty. I requested for room heaters as ACs were not working and I was told only one could be provided(for 4 adults and 2 bedrooms????). Both washbasins were chocked and I had to call the reception repeatedly during the day to remind them to get it fixed. ...........will not go there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank njc2012mky
, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments George Street, Parramatta, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Dear njc2012mky,

Thank you for your review.

I was disappointed to read your comments about the lack of customer service and facilities you reported during your stay. Guest comfort and satisfaction is important to us and your comments will be addressed accordingly to ensure our high standards are always met.

Should you wish to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact us at tripadvisor@meriton.net.au.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

I've been to several serviced apartments in Australia and I must say that Parramatta Meriton Serviced Apartments have super-ceded my simple expectations. The place is clean and most of the amenities are functional and user friendly even for non-Australian residents like my group. Even if something is not working, the staff makes sure it is replaced the next day. We had some slight hiccups with the card reader on our apartment door but their staff had really good attitude about it, often being apologetic about the situation and they tried their best to solve the problem. It is a good 10 minutes walk from the train station and the ferry wharf is right behind the serviced apartments. If you are tired of walking, the free shuttle city bus service (Parramatta) is just a stone's throw away to take you to the train station or Westfield Shopping mall. There is a direct bus not far from where we stayed to Sydney Olympic Park.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
MSA-MGT, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments George Street, Parramatta, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Hi Sophia S,

Thank you very much for your lovely feedback! We are so pleased to hear that you and your group had a great stay, and enjoyed the spacious apartments and the convenient location. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the swipe card reader, and we're glad our staff were able to rectify this promptly.

Along with our wonderful team, we do thank you once again for choosing to stay with us and look forward to welcoming you again soon at any of our 10 locations.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

The location of this hotel is great... I stayed in a one room apartment for 6 days. Being a self contained apartment that has its own washing machine and dryer in the apartment meant that I only needed to bring the necessitiesfor a couple of days then do my own washing.

Kitchen was big and so was the fridge and freezer. There was no cumbersome mini bar items in the fridge either. In the kitchen, there is a dishwasher and cooking facitilies and all utensils for cooking. I was pleasantly surprised that they even had some different sizes tupperware, now that is a small thought but it went a long way, especially for someone who travels a lot for work and it helps to be able to cut up my own fruits or make my own lunch rather than eat takeaway everyday for the week. I used the boxes everyday.

There is a huge LCD tv in the main loung area but in the one bedroom apartment, there is no TV in the main bedroom. If this is an issue for you and you need the TV to drift off to sleep, you would be better off on a studio apartment.

The bathroom was big too and there was a bath tub although I never used it.

The bed room was a good size and the closet had more than ample space for me to hang my clothes. My small minor gripe is that perhaps they could add some hangers which are free standing, not the kind where you will need to hang the hanger back to the metal round ring attached to the pole in the closet. I say this because, I swam everyday while I was there and after washing my swimming costume, if I hung the wet costume on the towel rack at the top of the bath tub, the rack was too far in and the water would have dripped all over the floor eventually , making life hard for the housekeeper. And you cant hang in the closet either, of course. Luckily as I travel a lot, I usually have my own free standing hanger and so I could hang my costume on my own hanger, on an angle, in the bathroom, above the bathtub and the water dripped directly into the tub. Like I said, this is only a small thing...

Now... the big thing to be is this...... every night after work, I would get some dinner and sit at the dinner table ( there is only 1 dining table, not counting the table in front of the tv). the second night I camt back from work, and the housekeeping and has bags of rubbish on THAT table ! Kind of puts you off your dinner doesnt it?

Other than that..... the housekeeping has done an above average job in terms of making up the beds etc.

This hotel has a good size pool and a gym which opens at 6.30am. love the pool.

Overall, this is a good hotel in a good location. just walk out about 500m and you will also have a great restaurant that serves the best Prawn mango salad and also a very healthy 4-egg white omelette :)

ONE MORE THING :) I would like to commend Prague ( i think that's how you spell it) he is very courteous and helpful. He has been in this industry for a while and knows what service is... and I must add that the females ( sorry cant rememeber your names) are very very very helpful and always has a smile on their face. thank you... your service at the front desk makes a difference after a hard day at work and coming back to see you smiling.

I wil stay there again and hopefully the next time housekeeping will not forget to bring the rubbish along with them :)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Kylie N, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments George Street, Parramatta, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear Madabtcars,

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found Prague and the rest of the staff to be courteous and helpful.

I do apologise for the oversight from housekeeping that you mention. I have discussed your feedback with the Housekeeping Manager to ensure that this does happen again.

Once again thank you for your feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Lismore, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

The rooms were well appointed and clean, with great views. The king size bed was comfortable as long as you didn't want to sleep in the middle.
You have to use your swipe card/door key every time you want to go through a door or elevator which drove me mad as I was usually carrying something.
Good location, close to everything but not noisey.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear petebarn,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found our apartments well appointed with nice views.

We do keep our property very secure and as such, to access certain areas one is required to use their room key. This system is put in place with our guest safety in mind, I do apologise if it caused you any inconvenience.