“Great location”
Review of Mantra Parramatta

Mantra Parramatta
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Parramatta
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I stayed here with my daughter for two nights and we have stayed here previously and have not been disappointed. We got a great deal off the mantra website and stayed in a king spa suite for less than the cost of a standard room in nearby hotels. The room was huge as was the bathroom and the bed, although softer than I would've liked, was comfortable. The only bad points were that the room air conditioner was quite noisy and we had a mix up with the room service breakfast that we ordered but we were compensated with one free night car parking, which was nice. The staff were super friendly and efficient, taking a special interest in the competition that my daughter was competing in at home bush. The hotel is walking distance to the huge parramatta Westfield and an easy 10 min drive to Olympic park. I would definitely recommend this hotel to family and friends and will be staying here again

Room Tip: The king spa suites are very spacious
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed July 24, 2014

Stayed here recently for one night mid week. Central location, the apartment had a TV in both the main lounge room and bedroom. My apartment on one of the floors near the top had a small balcony with a view over the Sydney skyline. Very steep step down from the room to the balcony, be careful. Fittings and fixtures showing their age, lots of dust build up if you looked closely, room needed a really good thorough spring clean, carpet clean and paint job. The lifts were very slow, allow lots of time in morning peaks. Staff were friendly, bar was good, breakfast was very good. The foyer, bar and restaurant look great, rooms need some $$$$ spent on them to upgrade.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has been recently renovated.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I stayed here during Easter 2014. they treated us like kings and queens when we checked in. bottle of wine on arrival Easter goodies in the room we weren't expecting! the location is awesome! a block away from Westfield Parramatta and Cinemas. Also a block away from public transport (Major bus interchange & train station) which is well lit and secure. A cab rank literally at the hotel front door. a $12 cab ride to the local Leagues Club that offered great food and entertainment. So close to Olympic park/Allphones arena/showgrounds by train. I found no problems with the outside noise at night. We Requested for no minibar in our room and they gladly got rid of it for us. For $99 dollars a night the Parramatta Mantra exceeded my expectations. I would recomend this hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 20, 2014

On a recent business trip I was delighted by the generous and courteous Staff at this Hotel.
The Hotel is conveniently located near the Railway Station and the Parramatta CBD.

Particular thanks to Manuela and Renee.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I stayed for 4 nights and found the room was lovely and spacious. Room service was quick and quite affordable. And my room booking came with a buffet breakfast, which I found very handy! The bar/lounge area was also open for coffee and I enjoyed a couple of nice soy lattes.
The only thing that I was getting a little annoyed about during my stay was that come 10.30/11pm the hallway outside my room became very noisy and would last at least until midnight, and this was every night.. so by the time I was due to fly home, I was one tired woman :(

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Tim D, Manager at Mantra Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Dear Lee C

Thank you for choosing to stay at Mantra Parramatta

It was lovely to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay, you have defiantly have got me thinking what could be causing noise at that late hour in the hall ways. It is possible that it could be food and beverage collecting room service trays, I will have a chat to the food and beverage manager.

Thank you for taking the time to review our property this goes a long way to helping us improve our product. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Kind Regards

Tim Doyle

Reviewed July 12, 2014

This is my second stay in a Mantra hotel in the last two weeks and to be honest they have both been less than ideal.

The Room:
We booked a family room as there were 5 of us. There is no doubt this room was not cleaned properly from the previous guest. We found two padlocks, some guitar picks and a jar of moisturizer in the room. There was no compendium which normally tells you everything you need to know about the place and the surrounds. Last one was that were no linen for the 5th bed, after a couple of phone calls it finally arrived.
Space wise it is very small for 5 people, especially when you consider the room rate. One good aspect is that it is on first floor so if you want access to the pool/spa you are right next to it.

The second night we arrived home late (took the kids to a show) and again no linen for the 5th bed. Naturally being nine thirty at night there were no house keeping people so the girl at reception had to A: find the linen, and B: Find someone to mind reception whilst she delivered it. Again not her fault as she made it happen, but a real shortcoming is the housekeeping department to miss this two nights in a row.

General:
We decided to eat dinner in the restaurant (after calling them to ask if they have a kids menu because we had no compendium). The food was great, the customer service very good, and the prices quite reasonable for a hotel. The one problem was the faulty lift which kept sounding its alarm every couple of minutes for around 30s at a time. It literally engulfed the entire restaurant with the noise. Why the staff do not have the keys to disable the lift until the service people arrive amazed me. Not their fault and they were definitely trying...

The parking is directly under the hotel via a lift and is secure for family and kids. At $15 per day it is quite reasonable.

Hotel is around a 5-10m walk from Westfields.

Sorry Mantra, not good enough. I try to be fair in all my reviews, and I do travel allot. But this just wasn't good enough for the rate, especially the housekeeping.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

After emailing and talking with this hotel directly, I asked for an accessible disabled room which they advertise they have. They advised me that yes they have them with roll in showers.

Because I was staying there on business it was a no brainier to go after work. I arrived around 9pm shown to my room to be advised they don't even have accessible rooms!!! The manager just stood there in the shower looking at the fact that you couldn't roll in just saying "hmmm".

By the end of it I was left furious and left to book something else. Wasn't until 11pm I found the only accessible room on parramatta at the Rydges which cost me an extra $400. After many phone calls over the next couple days the Mantra finally decided to reimburse me. Note to everyone, when booking get photos of accessible rooms!

Stayed: August 2013