“Good value great customer service”
Review of Mantra Parramatta

Mantra Parramatta
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Parramatta
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I recently stayed at the Mantra Parramatta for the weekend and as usual found the staff to be friendly, accommodating and helpful. The hotel is close to the train station and the Westfield shopping centre to cater for all our needs.
The room was clean, bed comfortable and the kitchenette was a nice touch and assisted us in our dietary requirements(microwave, hotplate, kettle, pan, cutlery etc for 2)
In building parking was at a premium in the evenings(to be expected), there was limited off street parking near by.
I chose the Mantra Parramatta as we have used Mantra Tullarmarine Melbourne before and have never had a bad experience. Mantra have met our expectations every time.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Tim D, Manager at Mantra Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2014

Dear Dan T

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip advisor,

It was lovely to read that you enjoyed your stay here at Mantra Parramatta. We are very fortunate to be located in such a handy part of Parramatta, being only minutes away from Parramatta train station and Westfield.

I will pass on your praise to the staff and we look forward to welcoming you back to Mantra Parramatta on your next trip to Sydney.

There are newer reviews for Mantra Parramatta

Reviewed April 14, 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights and i didnt face any difficulties as such. The only thing that made me real upset is charging my credit card for 9.89$ after i checked out. Its not a big amount especially after i spent 8000$ on my Australia vacation. Its about charging my card without notifying me. We trust the hotels and allow them to take a copy of our credit cards. We dont expect them to use it as they like without a consensus. This is a serious breach of security.

I am 200% sure i didnt consume anything from the bar. Rather i packed everything in a shelf above the bar so that i can have more space near the sink. Not acceptable anyways.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amrit M
Dorinabunescu, Manager at Mantra Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Dear Amrit M,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Mantra Parramatta on your recent trip to Australia. We trust that you enjoyed your stay

I would like to further discuss the $9.89 charge on your credit card. As you had not provided the hotel with contact details, may I please request you contact us either by phone on 02 96851600 or email on Dorina.bunescu@mantra.com.au

Reservations Manager

Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

Comfy beds. Spa in executive suite small, not big enough for two. Can be noisy but overall a fine hotel. This is the fourth time I have stayed here and overall I have not been dissatisfied. I have stayed in a lot of Sydney hotels!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Dibern,

Thank you for taking the time to review Mantra Parramatta. I am so glad you have chosen to stay with us on multiple occasions.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future

Reservations Manager

Reviewed April 14, 2014

I stayed her for 3 weeks for work from mid January to early February. I found the ladies on the front desk very friendly and helpful. The only thing I found a bit annoying was that I had to use my personal credit card as some sort of bond even though work had paid for my weeks of stay. The rooms were of on the small size, but clean. The beds were on the hard side, the gym and pool were very good. The happy hour at the bar is the only time you could have a drink, other than that its too dear to have a beer. The Mantra is close to Westfield shopping centre and train station. I'll stay there again in the future.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Anthony G,

We appreciate your review on Mantra Parramatta. We are really happy of your observation of our Friendly and lovely staff. Your comments will really motivate our team to go the extra mile.

Although your company did cover the accommodation costs, the hotel did still require a credit card to secure any incidentals or extra charges incurred during your stay. This is a standard procedure for all guests staying at Mantra Parramatta

We do take all of your comments on board and value your feedback as an integral part of our continuing aim to maximise service to our guests and hope you stay back with us in future.

Reservation Manager

Reviewed April 5, 2014

prepaid the stay on wotif .com.
refused check in at 12 pm midnight due to mis communication about bond money. my husband, myself and my 8 month old baby were sent back driving an hour an half back home, instead of sorting it out.
we paid for the stay in full and were never offered a refund or another stay even after contacting the managment to explain what happened.
very dissapointing customer service from a 4 star mantra resort.

Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank tania08clc

Dear Tania08clc

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip advisor,

I would like to speak to you personally regarding your experience at our hotel, could you please contact me at tim.doyle@mantra.com.au

I look forward to speaking to you further,

Reviewed April 4, 2014

I was only there for one night but was warmly welcomed by the reception staff. The room was excellent, quite large and it had a comfy lounge chair as well as a writing area with chair. Big bathroom. Very clean, The bed was large and comfy. I was on the Park street side but the traffic noise was not a problem. I had an excellent buffet breakfast with a wid choice of food. The Hotel is within easywalking distance of the station. I was very satisfied.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Tim D, Manager at Mantra Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2014

Dear Brian A

Thank you for taking the time to share us with fellow travellers on Trip advisor.

I was delighted to read your review and was very happy that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay from your warm welcome to your comfortable room right through to your buffet breakfast, it is great to hear.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Mantra on your next visit to Parramatta.

Assistant Manager

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Walking distance to shopping mall and trains. Room was good size. Like most Australian hotels the internet and hotel food was overpriced.

Was 'upgraded' from apartment into executive studio which was bigger in size. However very it limited cooking facilities and no washer/dryer. Apparently apartment which I was supposed to stay in has these facilities so was very disappointed especially when I had to pay for my laundry.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Fungus-feet

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

We are in a great location here in Parramatta within easy walking distance of the Train station, Westfield and endless amounts of restrauants.

In regards to your upgrade that you recived, I would be very interested to discuss this with you further if you could please contact me directly at tim.doyle@mantra.com.au

Kind Reagards