“I would go else where with a family.”
Review of Mantra Parramatta

Mantra Parramatta
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Parramatta
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Absolutely appalled missed our train so was advised by a local to pick mantra as it was swanky paid $249 for a one bedroom apartment normally always pick a spa but this time it was only a quick stop over. Regretted that descion. Now I asked for the nicest room sadly we got a dump. The smell when u walked in the room putrid. The furnishings something out of a discount warehouse. Pillows soft and flat, carpet dirty and stained,1 shampoo 1 conditioner and 1 soap for 4 of us 4 tea bags and coffee and sugar that's it for the complimentary :-/ big old bathroom made for wheelchair access great idea if we needed it. 24 hr room service but only 4 things on the menu that can be zapped in amicrowave. Pool looked amazing however and gym and sauna were great also. Lunch in the bistro was basic but ok. The room and amenities a huge let down. So what if we didn't look the part as we had just missed our train but when I pay good money for a room I expect an above average room. Previously we stayed 4 nites at the holiday inn. I would much recommend this over the mantra any day even though it's spa bath is a lil on the old side the rest is great. on checkout I'm told when I complained that it was a standard room they used to rent them out to the public wth on check-in u forgot to mention that little babe now didn't u and wait if u wanted an executive suite u should of got one with a spa bath. Well I was shattered. Waste of good money. But safe to say when going there unaware of the city at all do some research, outside may b appealing to the locals eyes but inside disgusting and old. 501 side. His apologies is all I got and our 30 room service the night before free. Wow at least it is something I guess :| never again...

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank misslibbyw
Tim D, Manager at Mantra Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2014

Dear misslibbyw

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on you recent trip.

I apologize that your stay was far from perfect and would like to discuss your experience with you directly, If you could please contact me on tim.doyle@mantra.com.au

I look forward to talking to you directly

Assistant Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,500)

Reviewed February 25, 2014

My stay at this hotel was average. I was here for the races at rose hill and this was the only hotel available at the time. The beds were uncomfortable, my room was dark and depressing. The only good thing about this hotel is the location and the company i was with.
Will not stay again here by choice.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Anon y

Dear Anon y

Thank you for taking the time to review Mantra Parramatta

We are in a perfect location for attending Rose Hill race course as well as in a perfect location with Westfield and Parramatta train station 200 meters up the road.

It disappoints me to read that you didn’t enjoy your stay here and that you found the room dark and bed uncomfortable, Most or our guest complement us on how comfortable our beds are.

I hope you will stay at Mantra Parramatta again in the future

Reviewed February 21, 2014

I like booking through Expedia as it saves me the hassle of connecting flights and hotels, and hopefully a few quid. What sold me this place in Parramatta was the availability of the small kitchenette. I like to eat out but if going somewhere for couple of weeks, this can get a bit too expensive, so small cooker, fridge and a microwave go a long way. The room was fine, you get the gym, pool and spa, and I can't say anything bad about service. I'm not quite sure what people's expectations are of what is basically a budget hotel. If you want staff hovering over you, expect to pay through the nose. It is quite far from Sydney harbour, but Sydney public transport is very good and cheap so unless you are staying for just a few days Mantra is a good deal. Don't expect to find anything of interest in Parramatta, unless of course you work for Deloitte, which is just round the corner from the hotel ; )

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Tim D, Manager at Mantra Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Dear DB_Starvin_Marvin

Thank you for choosing to stay at Mantra Parramatta and thank you for taking the time to review our property.

Expedia is a great way of booking a hassle escape, especially when trying to connect hotels and flight. It is great having a kitchenette as it means that you can self-cater and aren’t forced to go out and get take away. Most of our clients stay with us as Parramatta has a large business district and with having the train station up the road gives you easy access to Western Sydney, Sydney Olympic Park precinct and only 30 minutes into the city

Thank you again for your valuable feedback

Reviewed February 16, 2014

I stayed in Mantra Paramatta for two days, a weekend in Feb. For the price, I expected better service and maybe better equipped rooms. I could live without the latter but the former just doesn't cut it. Staff were generally inattentive, the rooms were sparsely furnished(for the price) and a $100 security deposit was charged to my card. The deposit was refunded but I was peeved that a hotel that charges this much resorted to such cheap tactics.

I would not recommend this place unless you're here on a business trip, your company's footing the bill and you're looking to stay in the Paramatta CBD. There are multiple other nicer places to stay and my time at this hotel was forgettable.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank IcedChicken
Tim D, Manager at Mantra Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear Icedchicken

Thank you for taking the time to review our property,

I was disappointed to read your comment about your recent stay, especially your comments regarding the unfriendly staff here at Mantra Parramatta, as this is usually one of our strongest attributes. In regards to the pre authorization this is common practice throughout hotels in Australia and is clearly stated at time of booking, I do apologise if you found this be unnecessary but the hotel needs to be able to cover its self.

We hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back to Mantra Parramatta in the future

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I had stayed at the Mantra Parramatta a few years ago, and it still maintains a professional standard. Check in was very quick and pleasant (it was a busy Saturday on the Aust.Day long weekend)I feel this is so important in the Hospitality Industry that front of staff maintain a friendly manner when greeting guests. I had requested a higher level quiet studio room (727) and this was exactly what I received. Overlooking the pool area, the room was clean and the bathroom a good size. Its a great location being 5 mins walk to Westfield and the train station. The price on Mantra's home page was the best for 2 nights and I was happy with my stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Dear SydneyCandy

Thank you for your wonderful comments on your recent stay with Mantra Parramatta. I am so delighted to read our services and accommodation met your expectation. Here at Mantra, we continually strive to provide Parramatta with a unique selection of amenities.

Thank you for recommending us. On behalf of the Mantra Parramatta team, we thoroughly look forward to welcoming you back again in future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Due to serious health problems of my wife, we were not able to do our trip to Sydney.

I tried to explain the situation to the staff but they showed no understanding and charged the full amount of our booking even if we were not able to use it.

For bagpackers, this place cannot be recommended. No comparison to other companies like e.g. Meriton Serviced appartment, which are much nicer anyway

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Markus G

Dear Markus G

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Mantra Parramatta

I was disappointed to read that due to your particular circumstances you were not able to stay here at Mantra Parramatta. I would like to discuss this particular situation with you further, could you please contact me to discuss. Please contact me at tim.doyle@mantra.com.au

Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

We were from Melbourne for a last minute trip. We booked our room from wotif.com and it was far cheaper than anything else on the site!! We were traveling with 2 children which is almost impossible to find accommodation so we were so happy to find this gem!

We stayed in their 1 bedroom apartment. Breakfast was included which was also great value for money.

Only a stone throw away from Westfield and the railway at your door step! It was only 30 minutes from the city so we didn't feel too far away from town.

The service at reception is what stood out the most. From the minute we arrived we were looked after. We were looked after by the "whatever it takes" attitude. A special thanks to Renee for making our experience a fantastic one. :-)

Stayed: January 2014
Dorinabunescu, Manager at Mantra Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Dear MariaPeterJoshJordy,

We appreciate your review on Mantra Parramatta. We are really happy of your observation of our Friendly and lovely staff. Your comments will really motivate our team to go the extra mile.

We do take all of your comments on board and value your feedback as an integral part of our continuing aim to maximise service to our guests and hope you stay back with us in future.

Kind Regards,